MRP / Trib. Tribunal news & reports (keep it all in one thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they just automatically report Waite each week now. More efficient that way.

:)

yeah I can just imagine it... the umpire comes into the rooms before the match... 'Jarrad, I just here to let you know that I am reporting you now just in case you do something stupid during the match. If you dont do something stupid I will retract the report'.

Just watched the video.

I don't condone this sort of thing but good on Andrew Raines for belting Selwood. :thumbsu:

Worth a week as violence isn't being a role model but Selwood is a Brownlow fancy. :rolleyes:

Montagna gone for 2 weeks.

Won't be playing against us in round 7 unless he successfully challenges the charge. :thumbsu:

He,s contesting , risks 3 matches....but who knows, guilty, appeal..... Innocent :confused:

How about rough conduct for McPhee. Unnecessary tackle as the player and ball had crossed the line, certainly intentional with the aim to hurt/injure.

MRP focuses on impact too much and forget intent. Waite's love tap was a response to McPhee's thuggery

How about rough conduct for McPhee. Unnecessary tackle as the player and ball had crossed the line, certainly intentional with the aim to hurt/injure.

MRP focuses on impact too much and forget intent. Waite's love tap was a response to McPhee's thuggery

McPhee is a tough nut the sling throw against Waite ( over the line) looked a lot worse than the tackle on Carrazzo in previous week - so much in footie is luck regarding injury it seems.

I noticed that Fyfe's injury came after an 'expert' and fair hard bump from Brown in the Brisdbane game - I cant remember any Carlton player doing any damage to any oppositon player with a hard legal bumpo....

If anyone deserves one - it is McPhee - my pre-game wish never came true (again) :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they report Waite this week?

:)

Insufficient footage of the incident, so it was thrown out.

Rumours that it was when he made contact with a GWS supporters head that walked out of the entry doorway to the toilet at the 19th minute of the 2nd quarter.

Taylor Walker offered 2 week ban by MRP which is a bonus for us next week.

Carry over points from a couple of weeks ago means he cant get any discount.

I understand you're entitled to your opinion, but comments like these bother me. Why would you want to play a team with it's best players missing? Taylor Walker has been in hot form and I would've loved to see either Hendo or Jammo towel him up.

We should always want to beat teams when they're at their best because that'll give us a better indication of where we're at as a club, how we handle the best players from each team.

Yes it probably helps our chances of winning, but it would be much more meaningful if he did play. Idiot shouldn't have got himself suspended, really let his team down.

Yeah understand what your saying but no one gave a flying **** about us having Waite, Kreuzer, Jamison and Gibbs out injured at crucial times last year though!

Also, listen to anyone who has ever played in a flag and there's a massive chance he'll say you need luck to win a premiership; luck with injuries, luck on the day, luck with your lucky jocks etc etc. More than happy to take this little windfall. :thumbsu:

I agree with you in principle, but I'd suggest that a little part of us is actually glad for anything that may give us an advantage through at least the early part of the season.

Adelaide have a relatively injury free list and it's arguable that we're short of four of our best for next week, in Carrazzo, Laidler, Yarran (no guarantee he'll be back) and Warnock.

At the end, it's all out of our hands anyway and what happens, happens.

Fully agree. .. I'd rather play the best and win. .. If Walker in means we lose then I'd rather accept the bonus win, especially at this time of the season. .. You still have to beat the team put in front of you, either way. ..

I understand you're entitled to your opinion, but comments like these bother me. Why would you want to play a team with it's best players missing? Taylor Walker has been in hot form and I would've loved to see either Hendo or Jammo towel him up.

We should always want to beat teams when they're at their best because that'll give us a better indication of where we're at as a club, how we handle the best players from each team.

Yes it probably helps our chances of winning, but it would be much more meaningful if he did play. Idiot shouldn't have got himself suspended, really let his team down.

Tanks, Where in the **** did I say I am happy to play them without Walker???:confused:

I simply posted the MRP panels findings in the Taylor Walker incident and believe I have posted it in the correct thread and suggested it would be a bonus for our game next week which it definitely is!!!

I find it laughable that you find my comments bothering to you as I never really commented about the incident or shed any thoughts on him not being able to play against us or not other then the bleeding obvious that it would be a bonus not having him there!!!:rolleyes:

I couldn't care less who plays and doesn't play against us and agree with you that it would be great to see us tested against the full outfit of the opposing teams but in reality that never happens on any given week in the AFL.

I am stoked to play them with as many of their best players out as possible. As far as I know, and of course correct me if I am wrong, but the AFL awards 4 points for a win regardless of who is in or out, and the history books dont note the ins and outs but they do very much note who finished where on the ladder, and who of course wins the flag. If Taylor Walker being out helps us win and as a result helps us finish top 4 or higher, and in turn helps us win a flag then thank you very much. I'll take it.

Tanks, Where in the **** did I say I am happy to play them without Walker???:confused:

I simply posted the MRP panels findings in the Taylor Walker incident and believe I have posted it in the correct thread and suggested it would be a bonus for our game next week which it definitely is!!!

I find it laughable that you find my comments bothering to you as I never really commented about the incident or shed any thoughts on him not being able to play against us or not other then the bleeding obvious that it would be a bonus not having him there!!!:rolleyes:

I couldn't care less who plays and doesn't play against us and agree with you that it would be great to see us tested against the full outfit of the opposing teams but in reality that never happens on any given week in the AFL.

No need to get carried away and swear like a clown. You said it was a bonus, so I interpreted that as you being happy about him being rubbed out. If I'm wrong about that, then I apologise, but I would guess that 9/10 people would've came to that same assumption.

And I'm fully aware that it isn't realistic that we'll play every side at full strength but when one of their key players is out, it doesn't please me one bit.

We've evolved from the days where we would be happy about something like this, back when we were struggling to be competitive it was always a bonus when some key player was out, especially against teams we had a chance against, but now we want to be the best and the only way to be the best is to beat the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tribunal news & reports (keep it all in one thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back