Triggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Caramelas13

Debutant
Aug 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone hear Triggy's speech at the shed after the game??? In all my years as a Crow member, i've never seen the CEO of our club come out after a game and ask the fans to remain patient and to stick together through this difficult time.

The panic button has been pushed.

I walked past the race at precisely the time the coach and players came through, and what they copped was the most vicious, vitriolic attack I've heard in my time associated with footy. Daniel Talia, Shaun McKernan and a couple of other Adelaide youngsters were on the other side at the time, crossing through to the door they usually go through for indoor training and they turned to look in shock as well. Really savage stuff.

Funny that, people don't really take it very well when you basically promise them you're having a tilt at a premiership and then go and lose the first 4 games.

I walked past the race at precisely the time the coach and players came through, and what they copped was the most vicious, vitriolic attack I've heard in my time associated with footy. Daniel Talia, Shaun McKernan and a couple of other Adelaide youngsters were on the other side at the time, crossing through to the door they usually go through for indoor training and they turned to look in shock as well. Really savage stuff.

classy

and Caramelas13 - were you in the crowd calling them robots?

Funny that, people don't really take it very well when you basically promise them you're having a tilt at a premiership and then go and lose the first 4 games.

You're right, Craig should have come out in January and told us all not to count our chickens before they hatched :rolleyes:

Craig deserves a large amount of scrutiny - something that certainly will happen. Nobody deserves to be abused, not Craigy and not the players. If you don't want to see the crap they're serving up, hit them where it really hurts - don't buy a ticket, don't renew a membership. The players will be judged on performances, and if they keep serving up junk like we saw today, many of them will not be here much longer. The same will be true of the coaching panel. Sitting there in the crowd and serving up abuse is cowardly and weak, just like throwing abuse at someone who is unable to say anything back always is.

As for Triggy coming out and pleading with the supporters to be patient, good on him. It's good that he's willing to come together with the supporters and show some humility like that.

Caramelas - if that's what robots play like, we need to sack the robotics department :eek: They didn't play like robots, they played like an old Amstrad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, i heard that as well. On one hand it annoyed the **** out of my but on the other hand, its passion and frustration.

The fact is every club in footy has these supporters. Some people just aren't very classy individuals.

Still a disgrace though.

While our results have been terrible, the real concern is the style of play we are dishing out.

Major concers:

- Running out of defence and no one to kick to up forward
- over use of the handball
- Refusing to get a quick kick from a centre square ruck contest, instead trying to handball our way out so we can get the "Perfect clearance"
- Kicking to the pockets when going forward
- Kick-ins from fullback (Terrible for the past 4 years)
- Kicking for goal (set-shots)
- Constantly going backwards and sideways when in possession
- Tackling
- Conceeding coast to coast goals without touching the ball
- Not maning up

There's probably more but i CBF typing anymore

You're right, Craig should have come out in January and told us all not to count our chickens before they hatched :rolleyes:

Craig deserves a large amount of scrutiny - something that certainly will happen. Nobody deserves to be abused, not Craigy and not the players. If you don't want to see the crap they're serving up, hit them where it really hurts - don't buy a ticket, don't renew a membership. The players will be judged on performances, and if they keep serving up junk like we saw today, many of them will not be here much longer. The same will be true of the coaching panel. Sitting there in the crowd and serving up abuse is cowardly and weak, just like throwing abuse at someone who is unable to say anything back always is.

As for Triggy coming out and pleading with the supporters to be patient, good on him. It's good that he's willing to come together with the supporters and show some humility like that.

Caramelas - if that's what robots play like, we need to sack the robotics department :eek: They didn't play like robots, they played like an old Amstrad.

oi my old amstrad was reliable and never let ya down :rolleyes:

crows98 - I'm sick of people hiding behind "passion" as an excuse to act like a social misfit. (Not accusing you of being one - you were only witness to the abuse)

Passion is what makes us supporters pay our hard earned money to go and watch matches, even when we're losing. It's what makes us buy memberships, and spend hours discussing the club, watching them at training, buying their merchandise, and so on. It's what makes us cheer and scream at football matches.

But yelling abuse at players and coaches? Serious, vitriolic abuse? That doesn't show passion, simply an inability to deal with frustration and disappointment in an acceptable manner.

No excuse for that sort of behaviour - never, ever. They should be ashamed of themselves :mad:.

If thats what my fellow supporters are doing then I'm ashamed of them - and publicly dissociate myself from them. Its what I expect from other teams supporters who we all know and love, not us... ever.

Well said from the voice of reason.

crows98 - I'm sick of people hiding behind "passion" as an excuse to act like a social misfit. (Not accusing you of being one - you were only witness to the abuse)

Passion is what makes us supporters pay our hard earned money to go and watch matches, even when we're losing. It's what makes us buy memberships, and spend hours discussing the club, watching them at training, buying their merchandise, and so on. It's what makes us cheer and scream at football matches.

But yelling abuse at players and coaches? Seriously, vitriolic abuse? That doesn't show passion, simply an inability to deal with frustration and disappointment in an acceptable manner.

In the big old scheme of things, we won two flags 13 years ago and since then have had the privilege of seeing our team playin in 8 of the last 9 finals series.

Imagine being a Richmond, Bulldogs, Fremantle or St Kilda supporter. Sheesh. We haven't got much to whinge about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Triggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back