Trinity College Perth V Xavier College Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

sharks19

Debutant
Jun 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
It was a hotly contested clash, both teams came to play. Xavier had alot of size about them but Trinity's strength is running and they showed it today. all in all the game was played in great spirits, both teams were especially physical at the contest and there was some awesome talent shown.

Trinity were able to prevail by 8 odd goals :D

It was great fun and surely Trinity must be more highly rated around Australia now after that effort

Cheers

Personally i was appauled with Xavier. Trinity pulled there pants down, and for the reputation the APS competition has i was very dissapointed. Are Xavier weak in this competition or were there players missing? Honestly these blokes are a year older and none of them looked anything special.

WCE#29

I expect you've never been on a trip before where all players have to be rotated into the side for some game time.

At half time there were a couple of points in it. Trinity kicked away in the last quarter with 7 goals to 3, all because the younger, inexperienced players were given a go.

Xavier had several of their regular players out of their side.

Against Aquinas (who were quite depleted also) Xavier won by 70 odd points.

Personally i was appauled with Xavier. Trinity pulled there pants down, and for the reputation the APS competition has i was very dissapointed. Are Xavier weak in this competition or were there players missing? Honestly these blokes are a year older and none of them looked anything special.

Perhaps the only bloke in Perth who isn't friendly!

Appauled with Xavier - are you serious....
You're full of yourself mate.

Xavier are 2nd on the ladder in the APS and won 4 flags in a row from 2000

Even so Trinity still had important players out so that can not be the sole reason for the loss.

Trinity were still up by 5 odd goals at 3 quarter time not just a couple of points.

I want to see Trinity lose as much as anyone but the fact is that there just like Roger Federer, they dont do anything to hate about them.

• They dont give out scolarships.
  • They Play an exciting brand of football.
  • They have good coaching staff (A couple of ex footy Players)
Wat do they do wrong, i was at wesley in 99 and saw a team led by Andrew Embley Start the resurection of trinitys football program since then they have one the last 5 cups and from what ive heard dont look like losing this year.

To Couch potato you lost from wat ive read you had a phew outs but when Collingwood lost the grand final against Brisbane a couple of years ago did they say that it was because they had no Rocca and it didnt count NO, at the end of the day you lost and to say Trinity arnt up there when they beat Cau, Sk and Scotch with players like kane lucas and Mitch Duncan missing from there team and in your conditions would be a joke

Cheers

ok couch potato i apoligise if you and your mates were rotated of the bench and i realise that can happen, but even still I wasnt impressed in the slightest by Xavier

Aquinas have no credibility... they got there best player down from Broome to play last year.

I can safely say Trinity do not give scholarships, inface id say 22 out of the 24 lads who played against Xavier have been at the school since yr 8, Trinity is always a popular school for talented sportsman and they choose to go there given the history.

Aquinas are pretty much jealous because they reckon there sides have been so good over the years but they were unable to ever beat the Trinity sides.

Credit should definately go to Trinity, no doubt. They had great skills and switched the ball beautifully.

A game against the two schools, both at full strength would be a ripper. Hopefully a tradition builds between them where they can make it an annual thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couch Potato this goes back to my original question in which was taken out of proportion were Xavier missing key players. Also Trinity and other schools do give out scholarships just in different areas, eg Buddy Franklin to Wesley for Religious Education.

Couch Potato this goes back to my original question in which was taken out of proportion were Xavier missing key players. Also Trinity and other schools do give out scholarships just in different areas, eg Buddy Franklin to Wesley for Religious Education.

totaly agree.

trinity tend to have alot of people on relegious education scholarships who excel in sport. but its how it goes and we should all get used to it.

im from aquinas and just like to say to the xavier boys thanks for the game was alot of fun.

and to the guy who said all the trinity people are ****heads or something like that.

im sure thats because they are better than you i know alot of trinity people who are top blokes and we all know they are the best in wa by a mile.

does the captain from xavier kick alot of goals in victorian school football?

Trinity do not give scholarships to anyone participating in sport. There scholarship people who attend the school are not allowed to play sport and thats mainly for Music and Academic reasons.

If your so sure that there are scholarships for sport or people on religious scholarships playing first 18 footy it should be simple to find out who ? so please name names on here ? I know for a fact your all wrong as there are no scholarships given out at Trinity for Football.

totaly agree.

trinity tend to have alot of people on relegious education scholarships who excel in sport. but its how it goes and we should all get used to it.

im from aquinas and just like to say to the xavier boys thanks for the game was alot of fun.

and to the guy who said all the trinity people are ****heads or something like that.

im sure thats because they are better than you i know alot of trinity people who are top blokes and we all know they are the best in wa by a mile.

does the captain from xavier kick alot of goals in victorian school football?

are you the skool captain of aquinas?

For a start Trinity give out aboriginal scholarships, which this year I beleive dosent effect the team greatly, however stating no scholarships are given is being ignorant. Leroy Jetta was offered a maths scholarship in his last years, but pulled out at the last minute. However Trinity arent alone so dont get upset. Q Lynch was on some sort of scholarship, english or some sort. As mentioned earlier Franklin to Wesley on a Religious scholarship, everybody does it.

I think this thread just goes to show you how much you southeners take you arial ping pong game too seriously, especially you vics fair dinkum

I mean these Trinity Blokes beat your Team fair and Square, and all you can do is make excuses "Scholarships, Resting Players, TAC Cup, U18's Nationals"
got any more...

Just take it, those WA boys beat your Team.

You blokes are a full year older then them arent ya
so trinity probly had some blokes in the u18's playing from last years team
id say so

i read in another thread that they had John Worsfold, now i dont know much about him as a player, but hes some sort of Coach now isnt he

and what about that Sampi kid i heard he went there as well

and hes the best player goin around atm, fair dinkum

so the games pretty much even if ya ask me

Good on you Trinity boys for showin them Vic boys how to play the game i say

too bad we flogged ya in Cricket when ya came over here hhaaha

I think this thread just goes to show you how much you southeners take you arial ping pong game too seriously, especially you vics fair dinkum

I mean these Trinity Blokes beat your Team fair and Square, and all you can do is make excuses "Scholarships, Resting Players, TAC Cup, U18's Nationals"
got any more...

Just take it, those WA boys beat your Team.

You blokes are a full year older then them arent ya
so trinity probly had some blokes in the u18's playing from last years team
id say so

i read in another thread that they had John Worsfold, now i dont know much about him as a player, but hes some sort of Coach now isnt he

and what about that Sampi kid i heard he went there as well

and hes the best player goin around atm, fair dinkum

so the games pretty much even if ya ask me

Good on you Trinity boys for showin them Vic boys how to play the game i say

too bad we flogged ya in Cricket when ya came over here hhaaha

i didnt know queenslanders had brains. wow. shcare bout ur opinion. doosh

uh oh

a victorian

again
a little upset are we?

not as good as you thought you were hmmmmm?

see if i could understand what the *** you were typing i could probably correct you for your poor grammar and spelling

i didnt know queenslanders had brains. wow. shcare bout ur opinion. doosh

Funny how it took two seconds for you to find another thing to take your anger out on, when you should be worrying about why your team got flogged by a team that they should of "murdered" according to your Teams Standards and how highly you rate them.

If you cant take a little humour and Comedy which the last post was, then maybe you should stop watching Spongebob Squarepants in the Morning and ask you mummy if you can stay up an extra 30 minutes after your bedtime so you can watch the Simpsons.

GOOD DAY SIR
:):):):):):)

i do belive that team came to melbourne for a bit and played scotch, we did only play for a half and lucky for that. scotch were up by 78 points at half time which was of course full time. so im sorry but u cant call yourself a better side than all aps teams or even some for that matter, get your facts right buddy

hahaha who are you mate ?

you must be average at footy because that was our seconds side that couldnt kick a goal to save there lives, mainly for the fact it was made up of 3rd and 4th 18 footballers and all the charity invites played in that side.

I do however remember playing against scotch as the firsts played each other and it was a clear win to us... we were minus players aswell so that is no excuse. Simply put Trinity took on and beat Scotch end of story. So dont tell me to get your facts right if your taking that Seconds (more like 4ths) match seriously as all that matters at school football in WA is how the FIRST 18 and not the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trinity College Perth V Xavier College Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back