triple J Hottest 100 of 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounded like a bit of gibberish for me.

I really hope you are just unaware that they included some Indigenous language in the cover, cos otherwise the claim of "gibberish" is really gross and offensive.

I really hope you are just unaware that they included some Indigenous language in the cover, cos otherwise the claim of "gibberish" is really gross and offensive.

If it's one of the aboriginal languages, my apologies.

I must be the only person who doesn’t rate King Stingray at all, feel like the lead singers voice is awful and they’re get a pass because they’re indigenous
Can't agree. I don't care enough to tune in but they're one of a few bands I've been skimming the count for. They're not reallllly my thing, but I do think they're one of the better and more exciting bands, at least within the Triple J sphere of indie rock.

I think the vocalist is great. Reminds me a lot of George Burarrwanga who is one of the finest and most underrated frontmen Australia has produced IMO.

I also think the last part of your post is a pretty offensive assertion that you might want to reconsider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't agree. I don't care enough to tune in but they're one of a few bands I've been skimming the count for. They're not reallllly my thing, but I do think they're one of the better and more exciting bands, at least within the Triple J sphere of indie rock.

I think the vocalist is great. Reminds me a lot of George Burarrwanga who is one of the finest and most underrated frontmen Australia has produced IMO.

that’s fine mate, that’s your opinion much like mine was my own, there are much worse and much better artists in the list either way, music is subjective anyways haha

how does Boring Eilish make it every year? seems like people just vote for names these days and not for the actual music produced because this is a bore fest 😴

Spacey Jane, Lime Cordiale and Ocean Alley really is the holy trinity of nothing bands who are almost completely interchangeable. They remind me of dairy milk, not completely terrible or offensive, but it's just so basic.
Hard to believe just how average LC are. Better bands playing covers at my local RSL......

As a general rule, Australian bands that take influence from reggae ****ing suck. Particularly in recent times with Sticky Fingers being the obvious example when that shitty trend emerged, which is almost as bad a crime as all the crook shit they've done.

Spacey Jane, Lime Cordiale and Ocean Alley really is the holy trinity of nothing bands who are almost completely interchangeable. They remind me of dairy milk, not completely terrible or offensive, but it's just so basic.
AMEN brother. I wrote in the wrong thread. Ocean Alley is derivative. Even their best song isn't comparable to any of the rock classics.

I think Spacey Jane are the better of the three.

I did rate Tame Impala quite high on my list so far. It's like my 7th favorite song.

that’s fine mate, that’s your opinion much like mine was my own, there are much worse and much better artists in the list either way, music is subjective anyways haha

how does Boring Eilish make it every year? seems like people just vote for names these days and not for the actual music produced because this is a bore fest 😴
Have to disagree with Billie English. Her songs this top 100 are amazing. I rate them highly

I also think the last part of your post is a pretty offensive assertion that you might want to reconsider.
Agree 100%. They're always going to get the "It's only a token gesture" I've got Let's go as my #1 song so far followed by Yellow. They're so great to listen to. Two of their songs are probably among 6-7 out of the 100 that I'll care to listen to again.

To much ****ing autotune ruining potentially good songs.

So what's left for the 25? In no particular order

Say Nothing
In the wake of your leave
Stars in my eyes
BOTA
Delilah
Hardlight
New Gold
Sitting Up
Bad Habit
Glimpse of you
Backseat of my mind