cripppa9

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Hey whats going on with Menzel. Obviously heard he was out of shape when he left us but to not get a game at this point must mean he was way off the pace... or is he injured?? Such a great talent I hope it doesn't go to waste. Hope he makes it.

I havent followed the SANFL thread but from what i understand hes had low fitness and has been working on that. As above hed have to be doing pretty well to push out one of our forwards. hes definitely not lacking talent and i hope to see him do well too, for obvious reasons :)

Combination of:

- Menzel struggling for form and fitness initially.
- Our SANFL fixture is terrible and has hurt a number of players trying to get match fit and consistency. He also copped a concussion which put him out.
- AFL team is currently the best forwardline in the comp, and a couple of others ahead of him for a wing/HF position.

He'll get a go soon enough. He's clearly rated by the club.

Imo MenzeI will get opportunities in the back half of the season now he has been getting some form & fitness under him after a restricted preseason.

Reckon we will look to rotate players & open up competition for spots.

If menzel & Brad crouch come in & play well, our side will go up a level.

Apart from rushing in Brouch, we have been playing the long game.

The great thing about Menz is that he chose to leave the Blues and will really want to succeed with us. The fact that our form and forward line are so good means he has to earn it by hard work, but without any of the speculation and pressure that often follows when our highly rated youngsters aren't getting a game in the seniors. Long term it is an ideal situation.

He'll come good. Has to work for it here more than at carlton. Little bit of tough love it seems.

Can't wait for him to be in our AFL side tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great thing about Menz is that he chose to leave the Blues and will really want to succeed with us. The fact that our form and forward line are so good means he has to earn it by hard work, but without any of the speculation and pressure that often follows when our highly rated youngsters aren't getting a game in the seniors. Long term it is an ideal situation.

The blessing for him is that in our forward line he should be most likely the 6th biggest headache (assuming traditional 6 man forward line) for the opposition if he plays up forward.

That being the case the pressure and stress should hopefully be off him and given the unselfish way our forwards pass off goals this should enable him to get a few cheap ones to build his confidence.

I'm confident we are building him up for something special when he plays his first game for us. It's all about Septemeber from now on. He needs to stay the course.

Hey whats going on with Menzel. Obviously heard he was out of shape when he left us but to not get a game at this point must mean he was way off the pace... or is he injured?? Such a great talent I hope it doesn't go to waste. Hope he makes it.

Had off-season surgery and seemed to be managed through preseason. Obviously was off a very low fitness base and has been working on that in the SANFL. Wouldn't be too far away, but there's not many spots up for grab in our best 22 at the moment. Unlikely he'll play against North but I won't be surprised if he plays the game after.

Imo MenzeI will get opportunities in the back half of the season now he has been getting some form & fitness under him after a restricted preseason.

Reckon we will look to rotate players & open up competition for spots.

If menzel & Brad crouch come in & play well, our side will go up a level.

Apart from rushing in Brouch, we have been playing the long game.
Yeah but who comes in and out. You can't rotate a winning formula by choice. We have Menzel, Milera, Brouch all who would be in any other top 22. And it is not because the other players are necessarily better....we gel at the moment. Not sure how far Hampton is either.

Great place if you are in the 22....but you feel for those who aren't!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Troy Menzel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back