TSL- finishing up

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure, what are the pros and cons?
Pros: helps retention of players who don’t want to travel in their localities.
Means a strong upper tier for localities. (Hobart & NW)
Rep games for N, NW & S will mean something again.
Cons: lack of a professionalism that a VFL team may not have the number of list spots to cover.
Force any player looking for that semi professionalism to Hobart.
Launceston and North Launceston to steadily loose quality if seen as not a pathway to VFL with a less competitive league.

If there's no statewide and instead a VFL Devils added, I would seriously look at an expanded intrastate series, three teams playing each other 3-4 times each and making up to a 12-game series with a grand final. Funding for 12 games as opposed to a 63 match TSL season shouldn't be difficult, and you'd help negate the huge drop in standard if a player dropped from the Devils played in the NTFA the next week. Lots of byes in this scenario, so maybe a guest player structure where a dropped Devil could join another association rep side for the weekend (the NTFA side isn't playing the weekend he's out, so he guests for the SFL instead!)...

If there's no statewide and instead a VFL Devils added, I would seriously look at an expanded intrastate series, three teams playing each other 3-4 times each and making up to a 12-game series with a grand final. Funding for 12 games as opposed to a 63 match TSL season shouldn't be difficult, and you'd help negate the huge drop in standard if a player dropped from the Devils played in the NTFA the next week. Lots of byes in this scenario, so maybe a guest player structure where a dropped Devil could join another association rep side for the weekend (the NTFA side isn't playing the weekend he's out, so he guests for the SFL instead!)...
I would have liked to see the state league funded properly bring back the two north west clubs and actually given a chance the salary cap needed to be increased buy 50k a season to get somewhat closer to interstate leagues . and it would have slowed down players going to the local comps for more money it’s a strange decision I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back