(Saturday, 10 July 2010)

Seniors
Clarence 17.13 (115) v Devonport 12.11 (83) - Bellerive Oval
Nth Hobart 18.12 (120) v Hobart 10.8 (68) - North Hobart Oval
Lauderdale 15.19 (109) v Nth Launceston 15.7 (97) - Lauderdale Sports Ground
Launceston 15.11 (101) v Burnie 12.17 (89) - West Park Oval
Glenorchy 16.15 (111) v Sth Launceston 8.12 (60) - Youngtown Memorial Ground

Under 19's
Clarence 12.10 (82) v Devonport 9.8 (62)
Nth Hobart 15.11 (101) v Hobart 8.11 (59)
Nth Launceston 10.11 (71) v Lauderdale 10.6 (66)
Burnie 15.8 (98) v Launceston 3.4 (22)
Sth Launceston 18.10 (118) v Glenorchy 1.4 (10)

Reserves
Clarence 17.11 (113) v Devonport 5.3 (33)
Nth Hobart 15.25 (115) v Hobart 7.7 (49)
Glenorchy 13.14 (92) v Lauderdale 7.8 (50) - Lauderdale
Sth Launceston 19.13 (127) v Nth Launceston 4.5 (29) - Youngtown

Todays matches in Hobart were played in dark, gloomy conditions with the ABC1 match of the day coming from Bellerive where an out-of-form Devonport really served it up to Clarence for three quarters before an outstanding individual effort won them the game.
Devonport had outplayed Clarence for a fair portion of the match and still led by 15 points at the last change and looked likely to be winners when Trent Standen put through five of his seven goals in the last quarter to steer the Roos to a 32-point win, keeping them undefeated this season and on a 22-match winning streak.

At a very, very dark North Hobart the Demons banged on the first four goals of the match pretty quickly to take command of the game early.
Hobart managed to get back into the match in the latter stages of the first quarter and got to within 7-points (5.3 to 6.4) in the middle of the second quarter before North skipped away again.
North were always finding it a lot easier to get their goals than what Hobart did and it seemed to be a bit of a carbon-copy of the Clarence game a couple of weeks ago in that way.
North were allowed to do as they like for far too long and they cut Hobart to pieces across the centre and in the forward line.
Slick movement of the ball and good delivery of the ball into their forwards whereas Hobart were continuing to be very hit and miss, chipping it everywhere - was never gonna win them the game.
The small crowd of about 750 were given very little to cheer about from about halfway through the third to the end as it was a dull spectacle played in near darkness.
Hobart's season has fallen to pieces and have now dropped 6 in a row and the way things are shaping up they'll be battling to win any of their remaining games. Finals chances = gone.
They've displayed some great footy at times Hobart, but just not of enough of it this season.
Both sides had a lot players out, North's depth was the decisive factor.

Lauderdale stunned the Northern Bombers down at Lauderdale by getting over the line by 12-points.
It was North's first visit down there and Lauderdale led by 17-points at halftime and held a slender 7-point lead at the final change.
Lauderdale booting 4.6 to 4.1 in the final term to hold on and win their second match in a row to only sit behind Hobart on percentage now (they meet in two weeks time).
North Launceston's run of poor form continues while Lauderdale's kids will be thrilled with their efforts in recent weeks.

Launceston maintained winning form to hold out a fast-finishing Burnie at a wet West Park by 12-points.
The Blues led by 34, 19 and 46-points at the end of the first three quarters but Burnie had the wind in the final quarter and managed to reduce the margin come siren time.

Glenorchy won a lazy old contest at Youngtown by 51-points over a depleted South.
The Dogs, thrashed in their previous two encounters by over a hundred points managed to hang on to Glenorchy for much of the day, trailing by 44 at halftime and 48 at three quarter time before coasting to a 51-point victory to keep them in the six.

It was the Jake Gillbee show yesterday.

he is sure to be drafted.Took half a dozen contested marks. Missed a few set shots but looks the goods.

So that would make 4 players from Lauderdale drafted in how many years?

Not from Lauderdale.

THe big ruckman could be a chance as well. Think his name is Phillips.

Phillips certainly has the attributes to be a chance, needs a lot of work but big men are rare and i think with development could certainly be a prospect. Gilbee will go, very talented and has height and speed on his side. Seems to have developed a bit of agression from earlier in the year which you would assume has passed on from his coach. Was the difference between Lauderdale and North the week before i got told.

Not from Lauderdale.

THe big ruckman could be a chance as well. Think his name is Phillips.

Obviously not from Laudy, but there are others around the state who are better IMO. Gilbee has improved a lot this season though.

Phillips certainly has the attributes to be a chance, needs a lot of work but big men are rare and i think with development could certainly be a prospect. Gilbee will go, very talented and has height and speed on his side. Seems to have developed a bit of agression from earlier in the year which you would assume has passed on from his coach. Was the difference between Lauderdale and North the week before i got told.

Speed is something he lacks. I'm not sure if he has the foot skills to play at the highest level.

Pace is something he lacks and his foot skills are bad. Has athleticism and a pretty good tank takes a nice mark against average opposition. Still only a boy. There are a lot better players going around.

At a very, very dark North Hobart the Demons banged on the first four goals.

strange Kinpin, one of the young Hobart boys suffered a case of sunstroke in the 1st 1/4 and ended up in RHH emergency with suspected broken jaw:confused: shame this sort of thing off the ball still going on, apparently the players didn't know till after the game, pretty shrewd coaching I would say. Wish the boy luck, apparently he is a great kid, plays Mariners and for Hutchins so hasn't played much.

Good to see young Burbury play again, played a bit on Darley, now that guy is a jet and will get drafted:thumbsu: Nth Hobart looked good at times and if they get Wells fully fit could make through a couple of finals games and may even make the big one?

strange Kinpin, one of the young Hobart boys suffered a case of sunstroke in the 1st 1/4 and ended up in RHH emergency with suspected broken jaw:confused: shame this sort of thing off the ball still going on, apparently the players didn't know till after the game, pretty shrewd coaching I would say. Wish the boy luck, apparently he is a great kid, plays Mariners and for Hutchins so hasn't played much.
Clark or Owen?

Yeah I read that today. I didn't see it happen either, nor did anyone mention it during the day.
If someone had have spotted it there would've been a fair bit of shouting from the terraces I'd say, not that we had many fans there anyway, but still.
Sounds like he's copped a cheapy in a pack somewhere or something.
A little ironic really as I was standing there at about the same time as that was supposed to have taken place (early in the first quarter) listening to a few North Hobart clowns carrying on about Cassidy being a kinghit merchant (there was a bit of push and shove going on).
Might want to look a little closer to home perhaps....
Something must've happened there somewhere, it was about the only niggle in the match all day.
Was a very dull, tedious game.

Good to see young Burbury play again, played a bit on Darley, now that guy is a jet and will get drafted:thumbsu: Nth Hobart looked good at times and if they get Wells fully fit could make through a couple of finals games and may even make the big one?

What do you mean by shrewd coaching mate? It is a pity if it was dirty. Couldn't be any worse that what i saw at Lauderdale on saturday. I got a lot of time for young Higgsy and i'm sure he didn't mean what he did, but it was the worse hit i have ever seen in football with someone with their head over the aggot. The guy is lucky he is not in a wheelchair and i hope his parents weren't watching. Anyone know if their was a suspension, i know he went up last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I read that today. I didn't see it happen either, nor did anyone mention it during the day.
If someone had have spotted it there would've been a fair bit of shouting from the terraces I'd say, not that we had many fans there anyway, but still.
Sounds like he's copped a cheapy in a pack somewhere or something.
A little ironic really as I was standing there at about the same time as that was supposed to have taken place (early in the first quarter) listening to a few North Hobart clowns carrying on about Cassidy being a kinghit merchant (there was a bit of push and shove going on).
Might want to look a little closer to home perhaps....
Something must've happened there somewhere, it was about the only niggle in the match all day.
Was a very dull, tedious game.

Did Cassidy play did he? Probably a dull and tedious game cause your boys didn't come to play! I thought they would have done the dees but they were pathetic and didn't respond to the dees physical pressure early in the game. North won the game in the first ten minutes. Still i hear the tigers have recovered extremely well.

What do you mean by shrewd coaching mate?

by Fox not to make mention of it to the playing group and potentially turn the game into a brawl, serves no purpose! I was assured it was not in play. Sounds like the young fella is ok, slightly concussed and a very sore jaw but apparently no break? Next game will however be interesting but will be a long wait, maybe lucky for the north boys.

by Fox not to make mention of it to the playing group and potentially turn the game into a brawl, serves no purpose! I was assured it was not in play. Sounds like the young fella is ok, slightly concussed and a very sore jaw but apparently no break? Next game will however be interesting but will be a long wait, maybe lucky for the north boys.

The person who "assured" you is 100% wrong. The player when contact was made had the ball, and he was actually pushed forward by one of his own team mates which increased the contact, was completely accidental. Maybe fox could have pointed that out, and just what footy and a young Hobart side need, to come out after something like that and start brawls. Your a moron!

The person who "assured" you is 100% wrong. The player when contact was made had the ball, and he was actually pushed forward by one of his own team mates which increased the contact, was completely accidental. Maybe fox could have pointed that out, and just what footy and a young Hobart side need, to come out after something like that and start brawls. Your a moron!

I think you'll find that if you could actually read I suggested that it is good the coach didn't say anything because that was what could have happened. My source was only repeating what he was told and what the trainers and associated people thought happened at the time as well as apparent discussion from the guy himself, he obvious couldn't remember anything. Good that it actually was in play and accidental.

Remove this Banner Ad

TSL Round 14 10/7/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back