TSL Round 8: 22/5/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
TSL Round 8
Burnie v Nth Launceston at West Park (2pm)
Glenorchy v Clarence at KGV Park (2pm)
Lauderdale v Devonport at Bellerive Oval (2:10pm - ABC1)
Sth Launceston v Launceston at Aurora Stadium (4pm)
Nth Hobart v Hobart at Bellerive Oval (5pm)

On an absolutely freezing day (temps have dropped as low as -10C in the midlands this morning) all five matches are being staged at scattered start times.
The Dockers host the Northern Bombers at West Park, North had a TSL record score booted on them last season at this venue but should be able to turn the tables this time and get the four points over the hapless Dockers.
Last year's grand finalists Glenorchy and Clarence meet out at KGV.
The Roos are in spellbinding form whilst Glenorchy's form has deserted it completely and for some reason they've been especially poor at home.
Roos to remain undefeated.
In the ABC1 game, Devonport travel down to Bellerive to tackle bottom placed Lauderdale in an AFL Tasmania double header scheduled for Bellerive today.
Devonport have hit their straps beautifully in recent weeks after a poor start to the year and are now in fourth, Lauderdale's year just seems to be staggering along from bad to worse as nothing wants to go right.
Lauderdale will hang on for awhile in this one but the Pies should blow them away in the finish.
South Launceston host Launceston at Aurora Stadium in the 4pm game.
The Blues coming off a good win last week whilst the Dogs were smashed by Hobart at Youngtown.
Launceston should have too much experience for the young pups, but South will have a crack for a fair while.
In the night game at Bellerive, North Hobart and Hobart fans will be in for a chilly night under lights in the 5pm game.
Both sides coming off big wins the previous week and will be out to stamp some authority.
Hobart can keep climbing up the ladder while North can remain second if they take the points.
North have some key inclusions this week, Ollie Di Venuto amongst them whilst Cassidy is back for the Tigers.
A pivotal game for Hobart, the Tigers gameplan is suited to the bigger grounds rather than the short and squat TCA, and Hobart has won one match of any description at this venue (against Lauderdale) in twenty years.
I don't quite know who will win. Go Tiges!

TSL - Round 8
• Devonport 13.14 (92) v Lauderdale 10.3 (63) – Bellerive Oval
• Clarence 18.7 (115) v Glenorchy 10.13 (73) – KGV Football Park
• Burnie 13.10 (88) v Nth Launceston 11.12 (78) – West Park Oval
• Launceston 12.7 (79) v Sth Launceston 9.8 (62) – Aurora Stadium
• Hobart 10.10 (70) v Nth Hobart 8.15 (63) – Bellerive Oval (Night)

• The Mercury Sport - Click here
• The Examiner Sport - Click here
• The Advocate Sport - Click here

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! :eek:

Just got back from Bellerive, that is one of the coldest days/nights I can ever remember being at at the footy.
In front of a reasonable crowd both sides struggled in the extreme cold (it would've been close to being in the minuses) with an arm-wrestle being the result.
North got out to an early lead before Hobart hit back to keep the margin close at the first change.
Hobart managed to eke out a small lead at half time in a game which ebbed and flowed, one side would look to get on top and back would come the other.
In the third quarter North kinda sucked Hobart into some undisciplined stuff and the Tigers lost focus and gave away several fifties and at least three goals to stupid free kicks as little spot fires broke out everywhere around the ground, one North player got crunched by a Hobart player (Cassidy I think) which started more fires.
North raced away to a 25-point lead at the final change with a 4.6 to nil third quarter and Hobart looked gone.
In the final quarter the Tigers got back on the ball and played much better, they came steaming home to run right over North to win by 7 points in a great game.
Tigers were ecstatic at the win while I reckon North would be filthy at losing that one.
Thrilling game in tough, freezing conditions, it was the first time I've seen Hobart win a match there since 1981! :thumbsu:

Tigers were ecstatic at the win while I reckon North would be filthy at losing that one.
[/quote]

North Hobart's ego come back to bite them on the arse. They had players laughing at Hobart boys when the made a mistake and in the 3rd quarter continually called the Hobart player group a bunch of ******s and no hopers. Mainly the slimiest and softest man in the Ollie Di Venuto.
It was great seeing the smile wiped off their faces. They aren't any good. Big heads. Front runners.

quote]North Hobart's ego come back to bite them on the arse. They had players laughing at Hobart boys when the made a mistake and in the 3rd quarter continually called the Hobart player group a bunch of ******s and no hopers. Mainly the slimiest and softest man in the Ollie Di Venuto.
It was great seeing the smile wiped off their faces. They aren't any good. Big heads. Front runners.

North Hobart are a pathetic organisation. They are run by blokes who are **** wits and are cheating lying scum bags. They have blown the salary cap to shreds (i know this for a fact) and its ridiculous that the TSL have not cracked down on it. On field they are complete tossers. Mouthy pricks who are front runners, as soon as things start going against them they start in-fighting and have no real onfield leaders which includes there incompetent overpaid coach (worst playing coach in the history of football). Lacks discipline, is arrogant as all **** and has no plan B when the side starts falling behind. There only back up plan is quick lets get Wells forward or back depending where he started. Heard from the sidelines last night that Di Venuto continuely mouthed to the Hobart boys. Considering Di Venuto plays so outside, i saw him many times looking to receive a kick in the grandstand when the heat was on it was a pretty gutsy decision to call players soft, weak, ******s etc when the game was still up for grabs. Bang bitten on the arse.

Benny said:
North Hobart are a pathetic organisation. They are run by blokes who are **** wits and are cheating lying scum bags. They have blown the salary cap to shreds (i know this for a fact) and its ridiculous that the TSL have not cracked down on it.
Ahh yes. So you've heard about that as well then I take it? :)
Allegedly there's going to be a few taps on doors to happen soon.
*Nothing will probably come of it - never does*

Benny said:
On field they are complete tossers. Mouthy pricks who are front runners, as soon as things start going against them they start in-fighting and have no real onfield leaders which includes there incompetent overpaid coach (worst playing coach in the history of football). Lacks discipline, is arrogant as all **** and has no plan B when the side starts falling behind. There only back up plan is quick lets get Wells forward or back depending where he started. Heard from the sidelines last night that Di Venuto continuely mouthed to the Hobart boys. Considering Di Venuto plays so outside, i saw him many times looking to receive a kick in the grandstand when the heat was on it was a pretty gutsy decision to call players soft, weak, ******s etc when the game was still up for grabs. Bang bitten on the arse.
I thought something must've been going on out there, during the third quarter I was in conversation with a group of people up the cricket club end and saw a few things go on out on the field that looked a bit odd (I was only half watching) - seemed to be a LOT of gobbing off from North players though yeah.
In that last quarter when Hobart were getting back into it the supporters were really getting into it, and when the siren went the Hobart supporters were all up off their seats absolutely roaring abuse at the North players - great stuff! It was like the old days on the terraces again :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Ahh yes. So you've heard about that as well then I take it? :)
Allegedly there's going to be a few taps on doors to happen soon.
*Nothing will probably come of it - never does*

I thought something must've been going on out there, during the third quarter I was in conversation with a group of people up the cricket club end and saw a few things go on out on the field that looked a bit odd (I was only half watching) - seemed to be a LOT of gobbing off from North players though yeah.
In that last quarter when Hobart were getting back into it the supporters were really getting into it, and when the siren went the Hobart supporters were all up off their seats absolutely roaring abuse at the North players - great stuff! It was like the old days on the terraces again :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Give us the run down Kingpin, who give away the silly free kicks in the 3rd quarter, was it the undisciplined coach and players from NH, or was it the Hobart players, i'm getting confused between what you and Benny have written?

North Hobart are a pathetic organisation. They are run by blokes who are **** wits and are cheating lying scum bags. They have blown the salary cap to shreds (i know this for a fact) and its ridiculous that the TSL have not cracked down on it. On field they are complete tossers. Mouthy pricks who are front runners, as soon as things start going against them they start in-fighting and have no real onfield leaders which includes there incompetent overpaid coach (worst playing coach in the history of football). Lacks discipline, is arrogant as all **** and has no plan B when the side starts falling behind. There only back up plan is quick lets get Wells forward or back depending where he started. Heard from the sidelines last night that Di Venuto continuely mouthed to the Hobart boys. Considering Di Venuto plays so outside, i saw him many times looking to receive a kick in the grandstand when the heat was on it was a pretty gutsy decision to call players soft, weak, ******s etc when the game was still up for grabs. Bang bitten on the arse.

If you have "facts" on the salary cap Benny, give us some insight into it. Don't leave us hanging.

Give us the run down Kingpin, who give away the silly free kicks in the 3rd quarter, was it the undisciplined coach and players from NH, or was it the Hobart players, i'm getting confused between what you and Benny have written?
I was sitting in the southern stand with Wes! "wes your friends" not many people about and geez was it cold.

In answer to the free kicks there were just some retaliation to the constant verballing from the Brown boys, Diva etc but thats just footy isn't it? Although the "******" word should be looked at, it is very archaic and insulting and AFL Tas should direct clubs to avoid using it. It sits up there with fellow, ****** etc as an inapropriate word in this day and age.

From where I sat it appeared that some Nth players dont respect the Hobart players much at all. Blokes like Kenny Hall and Street were not part of it interestingly, just shows that the cream rises to the top, they didn't win on the night but at least those 2 blokes have some class about them. Cassidy, Willing, Graham and Styles physically intimidated Nth players, especially Divva who seemed very reluctant to get the ball on the floor. Down back Ryan Sullivan and Sam Hall completely explipsed their opponents and Dykes who has played as a midfielder all season showed his versatility by running with Gardham and wearing him down. I thought the the standout was Jayde Young, he is as big as an ant and his pace is electrifying, led Nth a Merry dance and they showed him scant regard all night.

I was sitting in the southern stand with Wes! "wes your friends" not many people about and geez was it cold.

In answer to the free kicks there were just some retaliation to the constant verballing from the Brown boys, Diva etc but thats just footy isn't it? Although the "******" word should be looked at, it is very archaic and insulting and AFL Tas should direct clubs to avoid using it. It sits up there with fellow, ****** etc as an inapropriate word in this day and age.

From where I sat it appeared that some Nth players dont respect the Hobart players much at all. Blokes like Kenny Hall and Street were not part of it interestingly, just shows that the cream rises to the top, they didn't win on the night but at least those 2 blokes have some class about them. Cassidy, Willing, Graham and Styles physically intimidated Nth players, especially Divva who seemed very reluctant to get the ball on the floor. Down back Ryan Sullivan and Sam Hall completely explipsed their opponents and Dykes who has played as a midfielder all season showed his versatility by running with Gardham and wearing him down. I thought the the standout was Jayde Young, he is as big as an ant and his pace is electrifying, led Nth a Merry dance and they showed him scant regard all night.

He was unreal and will only get better. You think his pace is electrifying should see the guy that he lives with, would give him wind burn.

Lets just say there is a lot of under the table brown paper bags being passed out.

Let's be honest Benny, there's no money in Tassie Footy. Blokes stay in Tassie for employment / family reasons, and generally the better players gravitate towards the "Big" clubs because of existing friendships, the likelihood of success, better facilities, and/or job opportunities through contacts at these clubs if they've moved from a different region.

To suggest that blokes are being paid significant money under the table is just uninformed. Produce evidence mate, or it's just shut up and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest Benny, there's no money in Tassie Footy. Blokes stay in Tassie for employment / family reasons, and generally the better players gravitate towards the "Big" clubs because of existing friendships, the likelihood of success, better facilities, and/or job opportunities through contacts at these clubs if they've moved from a different region.

To suggest that blokes are being paid significant money under the table is just uninformed. Produce evidence mate, or it's just shut up and move on.

Really to have a salary cap of $60,000 for a statewide league is an embarrasment. Afl Tas should be putting some money into SWL operational costs just like other state leagues (WAFL,VFL etc) The cap here should be $100,000. Clubs that want to pay less because they have a younger list can pay what they think is fair. I reckon if the cap is raised then you will keep some of the better players in the SWL & not lose them to some of the cashed up Old Scholars clubs ( should be called the Oxford Scholars League:D, that's a pun son, get it:rolleyes:) Trying to bring in Kingston & Ulverstone is bloody silly as the standard is poor enough now, not a patch on the old SWL IMO. In fact it should be cut to 8 teams & funded properly to be able to keep some of the players brought off in Qld, ACT etc

Seeing as Kingpin and Benny have no evidence to suggest what they are saying is to be truth, I think alot of what you two boys are saying seems to be made up on assumptions. A massive assumptions at that.

It is interesting to see what rubish people post when school holidays come around, they should be more worried about the next set of NAPLAN assesments.

Seeing as Kingpin and Benny have no evidence to suggest what they are saying is to be truth, I think alot of what you two boys are saying seems to be made up on assumptions. A massive assumptions at that.

It is interesting to see what rubish people post when school holidays come around, they should be more worried about the next set of NAPLAN assesments.

Couldn't have said it better myself Gloryman, fact is The Tiges had a great win saturday night and the game had everything. I like the way Benny (predicting he is a hobart player) bagged certain individuals out for being mouthy on the ground. Lucky he didn't play against Peter Ricci, Darren Winter, Gavin Cooney or Dale Whish-Wilson, Damian Brown. Not only did these guys get in your head, they tried to knock it off. That would have given you something to really well up over Benny.

Couldn't have said it better myself Gloryman, fact is The Tiges had a great win saturday night and the game had everything. I like the way Benny (predicting he is a hobart player) bagged certain individuals out for being mouthy on the ground. Lucky he didn't play against Peter Ricci, Darren Winter, Gavin Cooney or Dale Whish-Wilson, Damian Brown. Not only did these guys get in your head, they tried to knock it off. That would have given you something to really well up over Benny.

I am not a Hobart player for a start and have nothing to do with the club whatsoever. I player against most of those players in my prime and found them to be fair tough players, least they could back up their mouth and put their skull over the ball unlike Di Venuto who mouths constantly when the team are on top but when the ball is to be won he is sitting out the back looking for cheap kicks. I wouldn't have a problem with his mouth if he wasn't timid.

Remove this Banner Ad

TSL Round 8: 22/5/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back