Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Two charter flights to depart Perth (PER/YPPH) tonight, carrying the two Italian football teams who are playing at Optus Stadium: AC Milan and AS Roma.

Boeing B767 aircraft is due to fly out to CMB/VCBI (Colombo) at 2330, and the Airbus A340 aircraft flies out to AUH/OMAA (Abu Dhabi). All times are Perth time.

UEFA EURO 2024 Graphics:
1718458013713.png

Time probably has a little too much space for my liking. Thoughts?

UEFA EURO 2024 Graphics:
View attachment 2020680

Time probably has a little too much space for my liking. Thoughts?
Seems to be that wide to fit the stoppage time indicator and clock underneath it without expanding the graphic further. Probably could be done a better way. At least they don't follow the incorrect Premier League way of displaying stoppage time by keeping the game clock itself running past 45 or 90 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olympics awful as always
They’re standardised around the globe though. I think they have to be deliberately simple for that reason. I haven’t seen the Paris ones but I like the aesthetic they usually have, a slight change up every time but still consistent with the previous ones.

423687319597b1df4bb85944c5ded102d84b5f53.jpeg

Olympics awful as always
Seem identical to last time but maybe smaller. Terrible colour palette, terrible typeface, and the metrics of similar parts of each graphic don't line up (like the quarter and half numbers and time line up with the scores etc).

Why can't they go with a colour that matches the Paris Games's colour palette and use a half decent font? It can't be that hard.

They’re standardised around the globe though. I think they have to be deliberately simple for that reason. I haven’t seen the Paris ones but I like the aesthetic they usually have, a slight change up every time but still consistent with the previous ones.
Why would that need to make they simple? They're not particularly readable.

Seem identical to last time but maybe smaller. Terrible colour palette, terrible typeface, and the metrics of similar parts of each graphic don't line up (like the quarter and half numbers and time line up with the scores etc).

Why can't they go with a colour that matches the Paris Games's colour palette and use a half decent font? It can't be that hard.
My guess for why they went these colours and that font is that they wanted different shades of the same colour to account for colourblindness. Doesn’t explain why green but does explain why it’s not two different colours. As for the font, it looks like Myriad Pro which is the default font in Adobe products. I think it’s the default for them because it can handle characters beyond the ones we use in the English language. That would be a good reason for the Olympics to use it too, although I’m sure other fonts have the same quality too. But given it’s the Adobe default they probably thought “eh, that’ll work”.

Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back