Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I agree with having the teams colours aswell, but having what they're wearing indicates for people who don't really follow the AFL which team is which. Which can get really confusing...

Well for Carlton, have it all Blue, while geelong has Half white half blue (If we were talking about the EPL Style). With your graphics, Have the last diagonal stripe white with the bar navy for carlton, and geelong can have a white bar with navy, white and navy as the diagonal stripes. Problem solvered :thumbsu:

Re: TV Broadcast Graphics

Yeah, I agree with having the teams colours aswell, but having what they're wearing indicates for people who don't really follow the AFL which team is which. Which can get really confusing...

Well for Carlton, have it all Blue, while geelong has Half white half blue (If we were talking about the EPL Style). With your graphics, Have the last diagonal stripe white with the bar navy for carlton, and geelong can have a white bar with navy, white and navy as the diagonal stripes. Problem solvered :thumbsu:

Tried that. Looked crap. Cos every other team was nice and colourful and contrasted well with the silver, but geelong was plain. Maybe I would need to make Carlton are really dark navy and geelongs a slightly lighter navy. If that makes sense :p

You could make geelong have a silver/grey? Then have the first strpie (closest to the name) grey, then white and navy stripes?

Would make the contrast against the silver score area even worse. Anyways its not like these are actually going to get used (unless anyone from seven or fox is out there and likes what they see and want to give me truckloads of money??:D) so I'm pretty happy as is.

Also the first stripe has to be different from the base colour cos otherwise it just disappears and isn't a stripe anymore.

The way it works is - Base colour/Colour1/Colour2/Base colour again.

In the case of teams with ony two colours, both the colour1 and colour2 stripe are the same colour, making it a thicker stripe. It was a delicate balance getting the sizing right so they didn't look stupid having a 2 colour team against a 3 colour team with different sized stripes. I think I managed to do ok there.

Well, you never know. These are pretty classy graphics. :thumbsu: Send it to them and see what they think. Same to you lmach (if you're seeing this) 'cause these are brilliant!

Efharisto! ;)

Much appreciated! :):thumbsu:

Also the first stripe has to be different from the base colour cos otherwise it just disappears and isn't a stripe anymore.

The way it works is - Base colour/Colour1/Colour2/Base colour again.

In the case of teams with ony two colours, both the colour1 and colour2 stripe are the same colour, making it a thicker stripe. It was a delicate balance getting the sizing right so they didn't look stupid having a 2 colour team against a 3 colour team with different sized stripes. I think I managed to do ok there.

Yep, I see... You've done that well, but if Freo remained with 4 colours, you were gonna have to use the base colour at the end for the 4th colour, otherwise you would've been stuffed!

Re: lmach8's Scoreboard Graphic Designs

I made some of my own tonight while trying to kill some time. They are for Fox Sports and are based on their cricket scoreboard.

Final-Just-Scores.jpg

Final-With-Goals.jpg

Final-With-Disposals.jpg

The white line across the bottom (where the batsman's score usually is) can be used to show stats like, "Last 5 goals of the game to Essendon." "Collingwood's last goal 32mins ago" "Garry Ablett 15 disposals this quarter" ect. or even stats comparisons between the teams (i.e. Marks Inside 50)

Posted these in the other thread, but thought I may as well post them here as well. I made some of my own tonight while trying to kill some time. They are for Fox Sports and are based on their cricket scoreboard.

Final-Just-Scores.jpg

Final-With-Goals.jpg

Final-With-Disposals.jpg

The white line across the bottom (where the batsman's score usually is) can be used to show stats like, "Last 5 goals of the game to Essendon." "Collingwood's last goal 32mins ago" "Garry Ablett 15 disposals this quarter" ect. or even stats comparisons between the teams (i.e. Marks Inside 50)

Once again, give it an awesome sans serif font and it will look amazing. What you've got right now isn't really suited to a TV broadcast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've done a few of these over the years. This is one from a while ago.

28kh4xe.jpg

15foxth.jpg

Easily the best one yet, just fix up the shadows. Make the shadow around the whole object, not individual objects, you can especially notice it between the grey and the team coloured boxes.

Re: lmach8's Scoreboard Graphic Designs

Looks good :thumbsu: I don't see Fox Sports using the same graphic for 2 different sports, but this would work for AFL.
They basically do, though.

They're all variations of a very similar theme. The AFL one is an elongated, horizontal version of the A-League/soccer one.

I don't watch any Rugby, but I have a feeling Super Rugby is almost exactly the same as the AFL one.

Seriously, this double thread thing is absurd.

The original thread should be for the original poster only.

Everyone else should use this thread. It's pointless having two and a disjointed conversation.

Yep, I see... You've done that well, but if Freo remained with 4 colours, you were gonna have to use the base colour at the end for the 4th colour, otherwise you would've been stuffed!

Yeah if that was the case Freo would have well and truly buggered the whole thing up!:D Port also technically have four colours, but they never use silver so I didn't use it. With Freo's four colours I couldn't have left any out.

Hahaha Eitanai Dipota! (It was nothing) :D

Glad you translated, I only know the real basics :p

I don't watch tennis, does anyone have a pic/video of the scoreboard channel 7 used?

Though I do remember the one Fox Sports used for the Australian Open last year, it was....different.

[YOUTUBE]T6CRn4-R0hY&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back