TV rights deal to be announced at 2:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain how many games we will see on FTA as part of this deal?

Will everyone now need to get Foxtel?

Will WC/Freo games remain on free to air?

4 games on FTA. At the moment, it's looking like Channel 7. But they may sell off a couple of games to Channel 9 or 10. Either way, the number of games on FTA won't change. It was 4 for the last 5 years and it will be 4 for the next 5 years.

All 9 games will be shown live on Foxtel. So that's 5 exclusive Foxtel games, and a simulcast of the 4 FTA games.

I haven't heard much, but I'm expecting that like this year, the FTA game will be based on the local market.

assuming the info is correct (a dedicated AFL channel) then I will certainly consider getting Foxtel (never had it in the past). do you guys feel the same way?

They used to have one, it was pretty shit and it was an extra subscription cost. Hopefully though they will have learnt from there mistakes. So it could be good as long as its part of the sports package.

assuming the info is correct (a dedicated AFL channel) then I will certainly consider getting Foxtel (never had it in the past). do you guys feel the same way?

I'm getting afl in about a month. Sick of going to the pub to watch Freo play so decided to bite the bullet and get Foxtel (or Austar for me out here) so I can watch Freo all the time. Will only be getting basic + sports though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The presser has been pushed back to 3:30. Whaaattt?!

Get us to watch half an hour of Foxtel promoting itself before delaying it another half hour, good one AFL.

What's everyone think of the 'player access' thing they're talking about on Fox Sports?

Makes sense, really. I'm wondering why I haven't seen Chris Judd's face all over the media here trying to talk up the Sydney VS Carlton game.

I know in America the media get 100% access to the players/coaches etc... but they also get paid a heap more.

I guess with an increase in wage I'd understand an increase in media commitments espicially before and after the game.

I'm seriously considering getting Foxtel, for the AFL stuff (and other sports), as soon as my credit card is paid off and I therefore have a spare $50 a fortnight to put towards something like that; assuming I can get permission from the strata corporation in charge of the block of units I live in.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV rights deal to be announced at 2:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back