TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

3pm Sat fixtures.
Ah, yeah it's painful that in Ireland we're treated the same as the UK. All the rights belong to BT, Sky and Premier Sports (viaplay), so we get one game at 3pm and the Amazon games are on Premier Sports (but only 2 a day normally)

Went to go cancel my BeIN Sports subscription because Liverpool don't have a League Cup game til 21st Dec.

They offered this: (Currently paying $15 for a month at a time)

View attachment 1850724
That's how I work NowTv in Ireland for the football. My good deal ends and it's to renew at full price. Hit cancel, cancel and then they offer a better deal.

Went to go cancel my BeIN Sports subscription because Liverpool don't have a League Cup game til 21st Dec.

They offered this: (Currently paying $15 for a month at a time)

View attachment 1850724

I had Kayo offer me $15 month for 3 months after I cancelled at the end of Round 24 (actually came a month later and not during the cancellation).

I went to cancel Audible after the free period was up and they offered me $8 a month for 3 months ($16.45 usually). I took them up on the offer as we use it.

And Binge just sent me a text message offering $2 a month for 3 months. “New and returning customers“ the text says. So basically everyone gets the offer. Head over to binge.com.au/blackfriday

It seems these streaming services are desperate for our business.

I had Kayo offer me $15 month for 3 months after I cancelled at the end of Round 24 (actually came a month later and not during the cancellation).

I went to cancel Audible after the free period was up and they offered me $8 a month for 3 months ($16.45 usually). I took them up on the offer as we use it.

And Binge just sent me a text message offering $2 a month for 3 months. “New and returning customers“ the text says. So basically everyone gets the offer. Head over to binge.com.au/blackfriday

It seems these streaming services are desperate for our business.

Telstra 5g shits all over NBN (my mate has it and gets regular speeds of 300mbs). Instead of going for NBN fibre I'm waiting for it to become available in my area.

No leagues.

One is a FIFA channel (1629). They show lots of old World Cup games from the past (yesterday they showed the 1974 WC final and this morning they showed Portugal vs Soviet Union in 1966) and they also show half hour programs for current and former players. They showed one on Johann Cruyff and another on Cristiano Ronaldo. Also lots of stuff from the different academies around the world (for example they are showing a 40 minute segment on Santos tonight).

Channel 1630 is a dedicated Women’s football channel where they show lots of matches from the Women’s CL and European football.
The Samsung channels now also has Bein Sports Xtra. Seems to be mostly tennis when I flick it over, but it does show some football too looking at the program guide.

Speaking of Kayo discounts, I also got an email from them offering $10 off the usual monthly price for the next 12 months. Unprompted too, which was strange given the only time subscription services give you a discount is if you cancel or threaten to do so.

I guess they get a lot of subscribers cancelling once the AFL/NRL seasons finish up?

Speaking of Kayo discounts, I also got an email from them offering $10 off the usual monthly price for the next 12 months. Unprompted too, which was strange given the only time subscription services give you a discount is if you cancel or threaten to do so.

I guess they get a lot of subscribers cancelling once the AFL/NRL seasons finish up?

They've got nothing to offer footballing wise apart from whatever content is on ESPN (not much) since they lost BeIn last year. They are willing to do a deal when asked usually as they've lost plenty of subscribers from not renewing Bein.

It's about time they replaced Bein sports in their packages with something football related(main candidates would be Optus Sport or Paramount A League) to get football subscribers back on board.

I must say that Paramount Plus’ highlights are brilliant. Brisbane scored a third goal last night against WSW, the players go off celebrating and the highlights video just stop right there, so you’re thinking Brisbane won 3-2. The match ended 2-2 because that goal was ruled out for offside. 😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next TV Rights deal with the emergence of the Matildas / Socceroos / 14 team A League plus NSD is gonna be juicy.

They are going to be separate deals. Paramount also have a equity stake in the league which will make it interesting. Obviously will be interesting to see the matildas affect on both rights deals

Bein is joining Amazon. $14.99 per month additional cost

Wasn't any extra if you had fox sports so why is this different.

It's $15 on its own so what's the point of joining Amazon?

I suppose but if I wasn't going to pay $15/month for it before I'm not doing it now.

Yes, all a moot exercise at this point. Surely a price drop for the add on is coming. If that happens I might get rid of one of the other streaming services we have and get prime with bein add on.

But at the normal price of $15 monthly I can see very little extra interest being generated.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back