TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

I have fetch mighty with iinet

Does your Mighty have Optus Sport? Ie. is it a Yes TV Mighty?

You can get a Yes TV Mighty with a phone account. You just need to go on to your My account page, select the Yes TV section, and add the box.

i now see what all the fuss was about with optus streaming

******* shithouse! goes to low quality every 3-4 mins to the point where you cant even see the ball

Are you on Chromecast? Watching on my computer is fine. On Chromecast is shithouse and I've tried everything to get it right.

I'm sure its been covered before but how much of a delay is there between the Optus stream and actual live for EPL matches? NBA league pass is anywhere from 45-60 seconds behind and I think NFL Gamepass might be similar.

Seeing as though SBS sinned so badly and gave up 39 matches to Optus, I'm going to have to get whatever World Cup package they offer.

I'm sure its been covered before but how much of a delay is there between the Optus stream and actual live for EPL matches? NBA league pass is anywhere from 45-60 seconds behind and I think NFL Gamepass might be similar.

Seeing as though SBS sinned so badly and gave up 39 matches to Optus, I'm going to have to get whatever World Cup package they offer.

I think it really does depend on site traffic etc..etc.. sometimes for me it can be up to a couple of mins behind, other times it's 30 secs or so.

It was 50 seconds last night on the Fetch mini during what is probably the highest or second highest watched game of the year.

It’s good to see that they are replaying all of the Saturday games on Optus Sport one starting at 9AM and going right through the day. They must have finally realised how terrible their on demand service is on the mini. I don’t have a problem with them not having all games available on demand (as they aren’t allowed to), but the constant freezing and stuttering was a disgrace.

I think it really does depend on site traffic etc..etc.. sometimes for me it can be up to a couple of mins behind, other times it's 30 secs or so.

You should be able to click the "LIVE" box and it'll always skip to their closest approximation for live, which I think is around 45-50 seconds.

Folks, moving house and we're thinking of going Optus for broadband just to get Premier League. is this worth it or is Optus a trainwreck ISP wise?

NBN hasn't quite arrived in Bayswater yet so it would be ADSL+2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Optus where I live are shit at internet, in fact I have cancelled it, moving into a new place which has NBN so going with myrepublic with no limit of upload/download.

Still always have the on demand issue which optus blamed on poor internet, so we'll see if it changes.

I’m in central Vic and have Optus on ADSL, my speeds are pretty much bang on 10-11mbps, because of this I have actually avoided switching to NBN because why I have now works well enough. Anyways I watch the EPL on my TV via Chromecast and apart from a couple of small isolated instances of buffering and the stream switching to lower quality, I can’t fault it. Really happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The live coverage is generally good and reliable, it’s the on demand service that is poor.

I watched the Sunday review show on the Fetch catch-up app this week and the PQ was fine. I normally don’t watch any on-demand stuff though because I have the ability to record.

I watched the Sunday review show on the Fetch catch-up app this week and the PQ was fine. I normally don’t watch any on-demand stuff though because I have the ability to record.

It isn’t the picture quality that is the problem and it never has been an issue for me. It’s the random freezing and stuttering that is the problem and this only happens with the on demand games. Once this problem happens, resetting the box is the only remedy. Optus is blaming people’s internet providers, but it’s a problem that is clearly at Optus’s end.

Friendly reminder who all who may be interested. As Optus Sport subscribers you also get access to the cricket coverage this summer on the cricket Aus app to watch when you may be out and about.

Friendly reminder who all who may be interested. As Optus Sport subscribers you also get access to the cricket coverage this summer on the cricket Aus app to watch when you may be out and about.
Absurdly, you can’t watch it on the Optus app haha.

Do you know if that includes the Shield games?

To get Optus sport for free whats the minimum your mobile plan need to be?
I'm pretty certain it's $90 or more a month. I did a quick Google to confirm but couldn't actually find that confirmed though.

After Optus made it $15 a month on top of your bill this year it made my $70 a month plan $85 every month, I changed my plan to the $90 plan, get an extra 7gig of data a month (I was already going over the old 4gig most months) and then didn't have to pay for Optus Sport anymore. Only making my plan an extra $5 a month. If that makes sense ahah.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back