Recommitted Tyson Stengle [signs 5 year deal with trigger for 6th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway Cats fans... Are you all sort of resigned to Stengle leaving or we still think its a 50/50 decision? My gut says he's gone this late in the season.
Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

He gone, Saints and Dons will pay the World for him. Met with Ross the Boss the other day and Dons last week.

I thought Pittonet was pretty important early in the season, really threw his weight around.
Yeah he was. Good last year too but from the small sample size this year seemed to have taken his game to another level.

TDK is killing it right now, that doesn't mean he continues to kill it going forward.

Correct. I think it's onwards and upwards from here for TDK but you're flirting with danger if you're in a premiership window without adequate backup in the ruck position.

We have TDK, Pittonet, Hudson O'Keeffe and Mirkov as rucks. The latter is a certain delisting, HOK is a talent but just a kid.

It would be disastrous if we let Pitto walk now. And I am sure we wouldn't, not that there has been any talk of it anywhere.

Anyway we've probably derailed the thread enough, but tying it all up I think we can very confidently say that Carlton may well - and should be - keen on Stengle, and if he does come across we're not going to have to sacrifice Pitto to make it happen.

Yeah he was. Good last year too but from the small sample size this year seemed to have taken his game to another level.

Correct. I think it's onwards and upwards from here for TDK but you're flirting with danger if you're in a premiership window without adequate backup in the ruck position.

We have TDK, Pittonet, Hudson O'Keeffe and Mirkov as rucks. The latter is a certain delisting, HOK is a talent but just a kid.

It would be disastrous if we let Pitto walk now. And I am sure we wouldn't, not that there has been any talk of it anywhere.

Anyway we've probably derailed the thread enough, but tying it all up I think we can very confidently say that Carlton may well - and should be - keen on Stengle, and if he does come across we're not going to have to sacrifice Pitto to make it happen.
Unfortunately I think TDK's breakout may actually rule us out of the race for Stengle. Think he's gonna cost us a fair bit of $$$ that we may have thought we had for a Hayward/Stengle type.

Anyway Cats fans... Are you all sort of resigned to Stengle leaving or we still think its a 50/50 decision? My gut says he's gone this late in the season.

I've got no insight. But as we get worse I'm more ambivalent. It looks clear if he leaves it'll be to the highest bidder and that should be band 1. And if that means a pick around 10 I think that's reasonable compensation compared to the 15+ it looked like 8 weeks ago.

Lol Pittonet is miles ahead of Conway. Unless the Cats plan on going down the rebuild route theres no way Conway gets a game ahead of him. Wouldn't surprise me if you did but wasting the last years of Danger, Jez, Stewart etc doesn't sound like something the Cats would wanna do. If it is the case though I think Stengle is gone for sure. Compo pick will be too valuable.

Pitto is not the type of ruck scott likes for better or worse.

If I were Carlton I'd be all over Stengle, he's exactly what you need.

Unfortunately I think TDK's breakout may actually rule us out of the race for Stengle. Think he's gonna cost us a fair bit of $$$ that we may have thought we had for a Hayward/Stengle type.

Maybe. I still think we've got room for at least one more big contract given the interest in Hayward earlier in the year.

And besides, isn't the salary cap increasing singificantly from next season?

If I were Carlton I'd be all over Stengle, he's exactly what you need.

Yeah he'd be perfect for us. A massive upgrade on what we've got.

I really rate Motlop but he's still young and thus far unsighted this season. Durdin I don't mind but he's woefully out of form at the moment and nowhere near Stengle as a footballer.

Maybe. I still think we've got room for at least one more big contract given the interest in Hayward earlier in the year.

And besides, isn't the salary cap increasing singificantly from next season?

Yeah he'd be perfect for us. A massive upgrade on what we've got.

I really rate Motlop but he's still young and thus far unsighted this season. Durdin I don't mind but he's woefully out of form at the moment and nowhere near Stengle as a footballer.

if is significant, then other teams will have money to spend as well.

having zero knowledge of contract details, just feel carlton have a lot of big names on locked up on long contracts already. push come to shove essendon or stkila be able to pay more if i have to guess.

if is significant, then other teams will have money to spend as well.

Sure. I think we’re in the race but I also think other clubs will offer more.

My gut feel is he stays. If he moves I reckon Essendon.

But I think it’s more nuanced than “biggest offer wins”.

having zero knowledge of contract details, just feel carlton have a lot of big names on locked up on long contracts already. push come to shove essendon or stkila be able to pay more if i have to guess.

We do, but we’d also have some wriggle room. From all reports we offered Hayward a significant contract.

I don’t think he’s any chance of going to St Kilda, even if they’re able to pay him the most.

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

He gone, Saints and Dons will pay the World for him. Met with Ross the Boss the other day and Dons last week.
Dons aren’t in it. Between Cats and Saints. Personally don’t understand why he would leave Geelong unless he has a real issue with living there, the money being offered isn’t hugely different.

Dons aren’t in it. Between Cats and Saints. Personally don’t understand why he would leave Geelong unless he has a real issue with living there, the money being offered isn’t hugely different.

doubt is clear cut as that, if carlton were offering a ton to will haywood, why wouldnt they ask the question to stengle and why wouldnt stengle think about it.

doubt is clear cut as that, if carlton were offering a ton to will haywood, why wouldnt they ask the question to stengle and why wouldnt stengle think about it.
Need money for TDK since he’s had a breakout season.
They don’t have the cash to throw around like Saints, Dons, Roos etc have unless they are doing paper bags again

If they don’t have a blow out of the water like other teams do he may as well accept 700k from Cats.

This is money motivation above all else. Get that bag Tyson 💰

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants out so be it. Thanks for your service, doubt we get that flag without his 50+ goals.
But I will be annoyed if he leaves us for a shitkicker club that never goes anywhere in St.Kilda.

I’d offer 850x5 in a heartbeat, would be lethal at the feet of our talls. Feel like this has Essendon written all over it though

If he wants out so be it. Thanks for your service, doubt we get that flag without his 50+ goals.
But I will be annoyed if he leaves us for a shitkicker club that never goes anywhere in St.Kilda.
Do you feel the same way when Spurs sign players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back