Status in Question Tyson Stengle

Remove this Banner Ad

Drink could have gotten spiked?

And that's the go to loop hole excuse someone trotted out.

His drinks may have been spiked.

Accept Season 4 GIF by Billions

He used to come into Barwon Prison when I was working there and catch up with the brothers and try to help turn them around.

Mathew Stokes is Managing Director of a social enterprise providing meaningful, stable employment opportunities for Indigenous people.

But, no, a confirmed bad person for hooking a mate up with a bag 15 years ago, without as much as a blip on his record since. Should have thrown away the key. BigFooty will never forgive and never forget. Those of you involved in local football in some capacity would probably be amazed at how many Stokes-esque gangsters you have in your midst.

On Stengle, got to say kudos to the Cats, I'm honestly only just reading about this. It's not great, obviously, so close to him re-signing and I don't think there's realistically any excuse. I think it can be looked on as a lapse in judgement after pretty much keeping out of trouble since arriving at Geelong... lol at the Herald-Sun "Sources report he's a regular at Geelong nightspots", geez that's shocking news.

Having said all that, I'd suggest he should go back for a kick in the VFL for a week or two. He's signed a fat long-term deal and it's been richly deserved, but that won't last long if this becomes a regular occurrence.

What did you expect?
Geelong fans are really bad at dealing with any kind of scrutiny and criticism directed toward their club.

When the criticism is coming from someone who is so detached from reality that they apparently think AFL players get suspended simply for drinking alcohol at any time during the season, the way to deal with such criticism is probably to ignore it and move on.

Lol look at all the hyperbole you need to inject into your post.

Again, Geelong is the only club in the AFL who will allow one of their players to get smashed at a nightclub at a crucial point of the season and still let them play next game. The amount of coping Geelong fans like yourself have been doing to justify this is hilarious.
At least he didn't do it at Lunchtime!

Again, Geelong is the only club in the AFL who will allow one of their players to get smashed at a nightclub at a crucial point of the season and still let them play next game. The amount of coping Geelong fans like yourself have been doing to justify this is hilarious.

I'm not justifying it at all. I'm staggered and disappointed that he's been selected to play. I've mentioned earlier on this page that he shouldn't have been up for AFL selection for a week or two and if his absence contributed to a loss on the weekend, well I reckon that's a lesson he wouldn't soon forget.

The tough love approach with lengthy club-imposed suspensions seemed to do the world of good for Steve Johnson and Mathew Stokes back in the day.

Gosh you sound familiar Jake, even though you’ve only been here a short while.
Suggest you look up hyperbole. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gosh you sound familiar Jake, even though you’ve only been here a short while.
Suggest you look up hyperbole. I don’t think it means what you think it means.
Complete newbie is immediately hostile and confrontational towards Geelong and its supporters.

You think they'd learn to be more subtle about it.

Geelong entitlement on show for all to see again. In other news, water is wet.
Geelong is entitled through this how? A player has stepped out of line, they are doing what they see fit, the Vic Pol or AFL have not stepped in as far as I know. What would a less “entitled” club do…… opposition fans are getting pretty wet over this situation also.

Geelong is entitled through this how? A player has stepped out of line, they are doing what they see fit, the Vic Pol or AFL have not stepped in as far as I know. What would a less “entitled” club do…… opposition fans are getting pretty wet over this situation also.
Thats not what I was responding to. Try again*.

*-Maybe read the post i was responding to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status in Question Tyson Stengle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back