U/16 National Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Very hard to compare a Rundle to a Selwood, You talk about these so called **** wits that give the boys a big head??? We'll i think it is these sorts of comparisons that give the boys the big heads i mean Rundle and Selwood?????? But i do agree with you in some points He should be on some program along with Mav. But Rundle isn't half the player Mav is ATM. I just hope he is given every oppertunaty to get Drafted and doesn't become an also ran...

I said that Rundle REMINDS me of Selwood and i repeat that the worry for me are the F###k WITS that are at the helm of these kids. Rundle is as good as Mav and what it will come down to is how much of the verbal crap they are given they actually take in. Don't under estimate Rundle. Both are good boys and i just like the rest of the footy world hope they are able to turn into good men.

I said that Rundle REMINDS me of Selwood and i repeat that the worry for me are the F###k WITS that are at the helm of these kids. Rundle is as good as Mav and what it will come down to is how much of the verbal crap they are given they actually take in. Don't under estimate Rundle. Both are good boys and i just like the rest of the footy world hope they are able to turn into good men.
I agree with you mate. But i dont think Rundle is quite at were Mav is atm. I mean Mav played in under18 Championships ans\d captained the under 16 and won the medal, Has been playing good senior footy for 2 years now and is just a fair bit better in all areas, no offence to Rundle who is a great young kid and good player, Just not of the same ilk:thumbsu:

I agree with you mate. But i dont think Rundle is quite at were Mav is atm. I mean Mav played in under18 Championships ans\d captained the under 16 and won the medal, Has been playing good senior footy for 2 years now and is just a fair bit better in all areas, no offence to Rundle who is a great young kid and good player, Just not of the same ilk:thumbsu:

Well done to the tassie boys great win , some of the boys played really well like rundle , J. green and weller, got a bright future some of these boys ???

Haven't really seen enough of him to comment. But seems as though he can more than hold his own. I still think Mav is the best by far out of that group:thumbsu:

yea i am the same i havent seen much of him , but i know he played soccer last year and but all reports is a jet at that aswell , does anyone know much about J.Green ???

yea i am the same i havent seen much of him , but i know he played soccer last year and but all reports is a jet at that aswell , does anyone know much about J.Green ???

Check the 16's thread on the D&T Board.

BigUnit and I spent almost an hour banging on about him.

I am from the Coast but Radford, Lukey Russell and Rudy Barrett are all likely types as well, Russell looks a real "natural" around the stoppages

I am from the Coast but Radford, Lukey Russell and Rudy Barrett are all likely types as well, Russell looks a real "natural" around the stoppages

Playedf juniors with all three of these guys.

Barrett always had talent - but don't know if he'll ever be more than a randy state player.

Where is Radford playing at Burnie - he's always struck me as an in between size?

rundle was good, mav was good and green was good but what about the ulvie boy rhys mott racked up the posessions at the bottom of the packs and got the ball moving and showed his clean skills, very established player and it will be good to see him next year :) rundle and green are good players but weller mott and russel are obviously the best 3 players in the state for under 16s as they made AIS??

Playedf juniors with all three of these guys.

Barrett always had talent - but don't know if he'll ever be more than a randy state player.

Where is Radford playing at Burnie - he's always struck me as an in between size?

Barrett will be a good seniors player.

Radford is a jet! if he dont make AFL the draught has a lot to answer for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thankyou!
Now everyone needs to put a stop to this conversation darley quit state due to family reasons same as for leaving that camp that night. i go to school with the guy and he is one of my best mates so dnt start commenting on him being weak minded you have no idea what was happening. Who ever reckons that isnt going to make get ready to be proved wrong. he got 3rd best in his senior debut at 15. he kicked 7 in the under 15s grand final andwon there best n fairest playing up an age group. This year he made the under 16 an the 15s state team. he got 3rd in the 19s best and fairest and tunner up in there goal kicking playing acorss half forward and in the midfield. he missed 6 games through state and inury so thats not a bad effort. i have played with and against him and watched him at State level. He'll defiantly make it and so will Mav and Russ is a great player but isnt in Mavs league lets be honest and also Darley big head? far from it he doesnt even think he will get close to making the AFL. and also not ready to take the step he started his pre season a week after his season finished so he can play senior footy and go away to queensland next year and dominate. peace out simon ladic :)

Now everyone needs to put a stop to this conversation darley quit state due to family reasons same as for leaving that camp that night. i go to school with the guy and he is one of my best mates so dnt start commenting on him being weak minded you have no idea what was happening. Who ever reckons that isnt going to make get ready to be proved wrong. he got 3rd best in his senior debut at 15. he kicked 7 in the under 15s grand final andwon there best n fairest playing up an age group. This year he made the under 16 an the 15s state team. he got 3rd in the 19s best and fairest and tunner up in there goal kicking playing acorss half forward and in the midfield. he missed 6 games through state and inury so thats not a bad effort. i have played with and against him and watched him at State level. He'll defiantly make it and so will Mav and Russ is a great player but isnt in Mavs league lets be honest and also Darley big head? far from it he doesnt even think he will get close to making the AFL. and also not ready to take the step he started his pre season a week after his season finished so he can play senior footy and go away to queensland next year and dominate. peace out simon ladic

Now everyone needs to put a stop to this conversation darley quit state due to family reasons same as for leaving that camp that night. i go to school with the guy and he is one of my best mates so dnt start commenting on him being weak minded you have no idea what was happening. Who ever reckons that isnt going to make get ready to be proved wrong. he got 3rd best in his senior debut at 15. he kicked 7 in the under 15s grand final andwon there best n fairest playing up an age group. This year he made the under 16 an the 15s state team. he got 3rd in the 19s best and fairest and tunner up in there goal kicking playing acorss half forward and in the midfield. he missed 6 games through state and inury so thats not a bad effort. i have played with and against him and watched him at State level. He'll defiantly make it and so will Mav and Russ is a great player but isnt in Mavs league lets be honest and also Darley big head? far from it he doesnt even think he will get close to making the AFL. and also not ready to take the step he started his pre season a week after his season finished so he can play senior footy and go away to queensland next year and dominate. peace out simon ladic

Thanks.... Mrs Darley!

The 2008 NAB AFL Under 16 Championships will be held on the Gold Coast from July 25th to August 3rd.

The Grand Finals of both divisions will be played at the MCG as curtain raisers to the AFL Grand Final (Saturday September 27).

FIXTURE
Friday July 25th (Warm Up Games at Carrara)
Vic Metro vs Queensland at 10am
Vic Country vs Northern Territory at 11:30am
Western Australia vs NSW/ACT at 1pm
South Australia vs Tasmania at 2:30pm

Sunday July 27th (Div 2 games at Carrara)
Northern Territory vs NSW/ACT at 11am
Tasmania vs Queensland at 1:30pm

Monday July 28th (Div 1 games at Broadbeach)
Western Australia vs Vic Metro at 11am
South Australia vs Vic Country at 1:30pm

Wednesday July 30th (Div 2 games at Southport)
Winner Game 1 vs Loser Game 2 at 11am
Winner Game 2 vs Loser Game 1 at 1:30pm

Thursday July 31st (Div 1 games at Southport)
Winner Game 1 vs Loser Game 2 at 11am
Winner Game 2 vs Loser Game 1 at 1:30pm

Saturday August 2nd (Div 2 games at Southport(TBC))
Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2 at 10am
Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 2 at 12:30pm

Sunday August 3rd (Div 1 games at Carrara)
Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2 at 10am
Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 2 at 12:30pm

GRAND FINALS
Saturday September 27th at MCG
Division 2 Grand Final at 8am
Division 1 Grand Final at 10:30am

Link

There is a wikipedia page up for the championships. Here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NA..._Championships (Thanks MRobbo)

Here is the Official AFL Record for the Champs

The team list is:

Coach: Byron Howard Team Manager: Barry Gaby

No NAME DOB HT WT CLUB
1 Jacob Howard 20 Feb 92 193 88 North Hobart
2 Rhys Mott 03 Jul 92 178 73 Ulverstone
3 Maverick Weller 13 Feb 92 180 76 Burnie Dockers
4 Luke Russell 24 Jan 92 184 74 Burnie Dockers
5 Jacob Gillbee 13 Sep 92 181 65 Lauderdale
6 Sean MacKay 23 Jul 92 184 69 Lauderdale
7 Zachary Hislop 19 Sep 93 176 69 Marist College
8 Josh Green 24 Aug 92 175 71 Clarence
9 Aaron Fitzpatrick 28 May 92 180 75 Brighton
10 Rudy Barrett 14 Feb 92 181 70 Wynyard
11 Bradley Cox -Goodyer 08 Mar 93 177 76 Northern Bombers
12 Adam Green 15 Feb 92 175 65 Kingborough
13 Josh Woolley 24 Sep 92 180 67 Launceston
14 Jason Moore 22 Jan 92 184 89 Northern Bombers
15 Jamie Clark 22 Jan 92 184 76 Lions
16 Daniel Cox 23 Mar 92 180 74 Prospect Sharks
17 Charlie Riewoldt 23 Sep 92 184 68 Clarence
18 Matthew McIntyre 07 Jan 92 181 76 North Hobart
19 Tommy Graves 25 May 92 182 76 North Hobart
20 Brad Coad 29 Jan 92 184 70 Kingborough
21 Aaron Tuxworth 27 May 92 177 81 Smithton
22 Casey Radford 23 Sep 92 183 78 Burnie Dockers
23 Sam Rundle 09 Feb 92 181 81 East Devonport
24 Stewart Beswick 24 Apr 92 185 89 Latrobe
25 Larry Owen 08 Aug 92 194 76 Lions
26 Joseph Robinson 07 Jun 92 176 67 Scottsdale
27 Jimmy Webster 28 Jun 93 180 66 Brighton
28 Sam Darley 15 Feb 93 183 74 North Hobart
29 Jed Wiliamson 07 Feb 92 179 65 Brighton
30 George Burbury 18 Jun 92 180 69 Lions

The warm up games were cancelled due to heavy rain, however it was good to see Tassie put in a great performance against QLD in their 1st game:

Tasmania: 5.3 11.5 15.7 20.9 (129)
Queensland: 2.2 5.4 8.6 9.10 (64)

GOALS
Tasmania: Moore 4, Weller 2, Gillbee 2, Fitzpatrick 2, Riewoldt 2, Coad, Beswick, Cox-Goodyer, Mott, Hislop, Rundle, Tuxsworth, Russell
Queensland: Moss 3, Rutledge 2, Kirkpatrick, Tooma, Salmon, Liddy.

BEST
Tasmania: Gillbee, Russell, Green, Weller, Moore, Rundell
Queensland: McKenzie, Holland, Usherwood, Rutledge, Nelis

Link
Mercury

I noticed everyone's favourite 15yo, Sam Darley played footy for the North Hobart underage side on the weekend, so assuming he isn't playing in the carnival?

No because of his decision to quit, he prefered playing with his mates than a bunch of big heads like gilbee and howard who get into teams thanks to there dads

Good to see Mav Weller, Sam Rundle and Rhys Mott doing well. All three are established senior players in the NTFL, with Weller and Mott doing the job in very competitive sides. Rundle has an old head on his shoulders and has a pretty key role for East Devonport.

Aaron Tuxworth is another one - got his first senior game for Smithton at a very young age and basically hasn't been out of the side since.

How many of the Southern boys have played senior footy? I count Weller, Rundle, Mott, and Tuxworth as regulars, with Luke Russell and Casey Radford playing the odd senior game for the Dockers, and Stewart Beswick doing the same for Latrobe. Could be wrong though!

Darley, Gillbee, Fitzpatrick, Greene, Coad there all southern boys arent they? cant be going to bad at all. ladic

Thanks.... Mrs Darley!

Haha mrs darley your a really funna guy. for 1 i dont think his mum knows how to work the computer and 2 she would of had a lot more to say. I'm Simon ladic mate wonder you havent heard of me. Id love to see you in the street **** we'd sort things out pretty quick.

Haha mrs darley your a really funna guy. for 1 i dont think his mum knows how to work the computer and 2 she would of had a lot more to say. I'm Simon ladic mate wonder you havent heard of me. Id love to see you in the street **** we'd sort things out pretty quick.

Violence doesn't solve anything grasshopper....

Simon who?????

Who cares thats who.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats why its a blog..... Don't they teach you anything at that boys school????

hahaha funny thing is, this guy actually would kill you, and none of you know darley so **** off with your jealousy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back