U/18 A Grade 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

ok a few things.
firstly doutta stars. you can only play with the players you have on the field so you blokes blaming injuries, snr commitments need to face the harsh facts, there is no depth whatsoever, and playing under a coach who leaves over his son being dropped. IMO douta will not make the final 4.

secondly, after seing keilor first hand, them being undefeated or not, i actuallly think strathmore is the stronger side. even tho they lost to klor, they have more structure the mores and look to b way more versitle.

harkins got suspended against wc for a filthy act, from memory a couple of weeks was given should be off now tho.

greenvale are no good. west coburg again defeating them over there after they came off a huge win over cburn. wc v doutta this week. douta lose there gone, wc win which i think they will they will surely make the cut.

MY FINAL 4
klor
mores
west c
greenvale

nice work only thing I disagree with is that Abers will definately play finals not playing well at the moment but with a lot of players coming back next week will be primmed for the games against West Coburg and Greenvale.
Starathmore game we will have a lot of players coming back but will not win as Strathmore too good.

nice work only thing I disagree with is that Abers will definately play finals not playing well at the moment but with a lot of players coming back next week will be primmed for the games against West Coburg and Greenvale.
Starathmore game we will have a lot of players coming back but will not win as Strathmore too good.

yeah fair call, no one knows abbers better than yourself! should be interesting

west coburg wont make the 4, theres too much inconsistancy and pretty much unless there on their home ground they run out of legs towards the end of the game as they have that physical type game. wouldve been interesting if douttas played them at home this week, i think they'd struggle on the bigger grounds in the competition..

greenvale r a chance too make the 4 only if they can continue to keep players away from the seniors... and its well known they have 4 or 5 gun footballers at calder and school boy committments that they'll never get back.. so as long as they can hold out from senior selection they pretty much have their best side every week..

will b interesting and looks as if gvale, w.c, craigie or abers could fill that 3rd or 4th spot

west coburg wont make the 4, theres too much inconsistancy and pretty much unless there on their home ground they run out of legs towards the end of the game as they have that physical type game. wouldve been interesting if douttas played them at home this week, i think they'd struggle on the bigger grounds in the competition..

greenvale r a chance too make the 4 only if they can continue to keep players away from the seniors... and its well known they have 4 or 5 gun footballers at calder and school boy committments that they'll never get back.. so as long as they can hold out from senior selection they pretty much have their best side every week..

will b interesting and looks as if gvale, w.c, craigie or abers could fill that 3rd or 4th spot
yes mate very interesting round this week

Greenvale vs Keilor I hoipe Keilor smash them but you never know.

Douttas vs West Coburg I will be leaning towards west coburg at home but I really hope Douttas win so West Coburg can fall off the pace.

It will be interesting to see what Craigeiburn do with there players playing seniors. will they drop them back to under 18's so they can make finals??
i would think the seniors would take precedent but you never know with a club like that.

i agree. though apparently west are struggling with numbers???

not too sure about greenvale or abers to be honest, that said, i think douttas will fall and fall from here on in.

wheres the keilor v greenvale being played?

i agree. though apparently west are struggling with numbers???

not too sure about greenvale or abers to be honest, that said, i think douttas will fall and fall from here on in.

wheres the keilor v greenvale being played?

at greenvale

dont worry about abers mate if you were on here last year I told everyone we would win the flag and we did easily. This year we will make finals but dont think we will beat strahmore or Keilor

How many eligible u18's players at your club have played senior footy this year ?

Craigieburn I think have had 5, Doutta have had 8, the others I am not sure. Correct if I am wrong but I believe Keilor and maybe Marby have had none ??

How many eligible u18's players at your club have played senior footy this year ?

Craigieburn I think have had 5, Doutta have had 8, the others I am not sure. Correct if I am wrong but I believe Keilor and maybe Marby have had none ??

Keilor have had two, not sure about marby.

dont worry about abers mate if you were on here last year I told everyone we would win the flag and we did easily. This year we will make finals but dont think we will beat strahmore or Keilor

lol if you go back to a previous comment of mine, i was not at all surprised that abers won the flag last year.. i thought they were structurally better than keilor and more team-orienated.

proved tru in the end. great win :thumbsu:

craigieburn hav actually had 8 boys play seniors, should b interesting wen all the sides in the 18s begin to get their players back now that the senior season at some clubs is coming to a close

will b good to see who comes back to clubs fron calder now that vic is finished...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

craigieburn hav actually had 8 boys play seniors, should b interesting wen all the sides in the 18s begin to get their players back now that the senior season at some clubs is coming to a close

will b good to see who comes back to clubs fron calder now that vic is finished...
I knew Ando, Jesse, Harkins and Hardstaff , Boyall, Vianni and Loizou had played seniors, who is the eighth. ?? great effort to have 8 play seniors

2009 U/18s really has only 2 contenders keilor and strathmore for the premeirship. theres 4 other teams fighting for 3rd and 4th poll, which is very anticipating to see who will come through. but..

douttas having an upset win against keilor last w.e proves any team can fall.

keilor have two main goal scores barbuto and sortino where when you look at starthmores goalkickers there spread out between 4-6 players.

there next encounter will be worth a watch.

2009 U/18s really has only 2 contenders keilor and strathmore for the premeirship. theres 4 other teams fighting for 3rd and 4th poll, which is very anticipating to see who will come through. but..

douttas having an upset win against keilor last w.e proves any team can fall.

keilor have two main goal scores barbuto and sortino where when you look at starthmores goalkickers there spread out between 4-6 players.

there next encounter will be worth a watch.

sorry but that doesnt make much sence,, how can any team fall if theres only 2 contenders for the premiership.. i dont think this is true the under 18s competition is very even thsi yr until the bottom 3

abbers finished.
shocking performance on the w.e. wests smashed them, altho abbers with no bench.
however injuries cannot be an excuse this time of year, and as a result they will not be taking place in the finals this year.

down to wc gvale douttas (if they pull their finger out) and cburn (probs fall short again)

imo gvale and wc will round off the top 4. thoughts??

abbers finished.
shocking performance on the w.e. wests smashed them, altho abbers with no bench.
however injuries cannot be an excuse this time of year, and as a result they will not be taking place in the finals this year.

down to wc gvale douttas (if they pull their finger out) and cburn (probs fall short again)

imo gvale and wc will round off the top 4. thoughts??

yes mate abers finished unless they win every game but most unlikely.
How can injuries not be an excuse you peanut?? when you have 13 injured players in your squad. Injuries can play a massive part in a teams year and unfortunately for abers it has happened this year.

yes mate abers finished unless they win every game but most unlikely.
How can injuries not be an excuse you peanut?? when you have 13 injured players in your squad. Injuries can play a massive part in a teams year and unfortunately for abers it has happened this year.

AJ you clown it means you have 0 nada zip all depth. injuries happen all the time, sure 13 is pushing it, but everyone knows abbers are about 22 players fullstop.

on another note, thought id head down to cross keys today for the big clash b/w smore and wc and it didnt disappoint!
this wc team are now the form team of the comp. after smashing a hapless smore. morescame hard at them in the last but the fitting result eventuated. the amount of aggrsiveness wc came out with had to be seen to believe! everyone was in shock.
the game threatned to be an embaressement at one stage, but the side smore are tehy kept at it and clawd their way back into it allby some very very suspiecous umpiring with the free kick count very one sided toward smore unfairly it must be said, and more than 4 goals as a direct result from 50m,100m, and at times 150m penailtys! almost snatching it as a result.
mores key forward had about as much of an influence as jason laycock does at the bombers. no real winners anywhere in the side. wc were harder, more physical, more efficient, and really were the side wanting to win out there.
perhaps they might think twice before moving the skipper to seniors as elliot did not play 18's.

this is thrown the finals contention into a 3 horse race now surely. from what iv seen gvale are there there abouts where as wc have really hit some form right time of year. i am offiaclly on the wc bandwagon!!

Remove this Banner Ad

U/18 A Grade 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back