U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

have aquinas round 16 at the snakepit. should be a good game

Might try and get down to watch it, St Bernards at home...looking for you guys to prevent Aquinas going through underdefeated. Someone has to beat them before they choke in the finals.

Harvestar: St Leos have a few players living at Deakin Uni, they may have gone home for the hols...they've been pretty inconsistent this year, although St Bernards look to be pressing them for 8th spot!

If there was any relegation in this division, it'd be a great scrap this weekend

Might try and get down to watch it, St Bernards at home...looking for you guys to prevent Aquinas going through underdefeated. Someone has to beat them before they choke in the finals.

Harvestar: St Leos have a few players living at Deakin Uni, they may have gone home for the hols...they've been pretty inconsistent this year, although St Bernards look to be pressing them for 8th spot!

If there was any relegation in this division, it'd be a great scrap this weekend

I thought this was the case, they looked like a totally different side to when we first played them.

As far as relegation goes, there is none, we are lowest division.

I thought this was the case, they looked like a totally different side to when we first played them.

As far as relegation goes, there is none, we are the lowest division.

Very interesting development with OGs being unable to field a team on the weekend. I'm guessing it was due to uni holidays? Or maybe a strategic decision to avoid a percentage hit at the hands of Aquinus? Will the OGs boys field a team this weekend? Can someone from OGs tell us more?

Very interesting development with OGs being unable to field a team on the weekend. I'm guessing it was due to uni holidays? Or maybe a strategic decision to avoid a percentage hit at the hands of Aquinus? Will the OGs boys field a team this weekend? Can someone from OGs tell us more?
if they wont play a game of footy incase they loose some percentage then they are a bunch of ********s and arent in the spirit of the game.

i highly doubt that is the case.

Apart from the Ivanhoe/ Reds game i think all other games are evenly matched. Maybe Xav's might be able to burst Aquinas' bubble!

Tips this week:

St Bernard's to get over Emmaus
Therry in a close one over Rupo
NOBS over OG's (maybe the match won't be on, it is still uni holidays)
Ivanhoe to to knock reds convincingly
Xavs as a dark horse to just scrape through over Aquinas

Once again, a crunch time for many sides, with only weeks away from finals. Good luck fellas

Apart from the Ivanhoe/ Reds game i think all other games are evenly matched. Maybe Xav's might be able to burst Aquinas' bubble!

Tips this week:

St Bernard's to get over Emmaus
Therry in a close one over Rupo
NOBS over OG's (maybe the match won't be on, it is still uni holidays)
Ivanhoe to to knock reds convincingly
Xavs as a dark horse to just scrape through over Aquinas

Once again, a crunch time for many sides, with only weeks away from finals. Good luck fellas

My Tips:

Emmaus v Bernards - Bernards have the form to beat Emmaus by 18
Rupo v Therry - Rupo showed nothing last week Therry by 24
OGS v NOBS - OGS may have there players back after holidays OGS by less than a kick
Ivanhoe v Fitzroy - Pick your margin
Xavs v Aquinas - Game of the round - Xavs should be able to knock off Aquinas for their first loss of the season Xavs by 10

My Tips:

Emmaus v Bernards - Bernards have the form to beat Emmaus by 18
Rupo v Therry - Rupo showed nothing last week Therry by 24
OGS v NOBS - OGS may have there players back after holidays OGS by less than a kick
Ivanhoe v Fitzroy - Pick your margin
Xavs v Aquinas - Game of the round - Xavs should be able to knock off Aquinas for their first loss of the season Xavs by 10

My tips:

Emmaus v Bernards - In form Bernards to maintain their recent form
Rupo v Therry - Therry to knock Rupo out of finals contention
OGS v NOBs - NOBs to get over the line in the battle of the depleted teams.
Ivanhoe v Reds - Big margin
Xavs v Aquinas - Considering Therry gave Xavs a 70 point touch up a fortnight ago, i don't think Xavs will get anywhere near ending Aquinas' winning run.

Big round of footy. If OGs and Rupo lose, they will be 2 games outside the 4 and pretty much out of finals contention.

My tips:

Emmaus v Bernards - In form Bernards to maintain their recent form
Rupo v Therry - Therry to knock Rupo out of finals contention
OGS v NOBs - NOBs to get over the line in the battle of the depleted teams.
Ivanhoe v Reds - Big margin
Xavs v Aquinas - Considering Therry gave Xavs a 70 point touch up a fortnight ago, i don't think Xavs will get anywhere near ending Aquinas' winning run.

Big round of footy. If OGs and Rupo lose, they will be 2 games outside the 4 and pretty much out of finals contention.

A very interesting round.
Bernards / Rupo / Reds / Xavs / NOBs to win :D

Jets06, Do you know something the rest of the competition doesnt?

Reds for their first win of the year? Would make the run home for 2nd, 3rd & 4th very hot indeed

Bernards
Therry
NOBS (but if OG have a full team back this will be match of the round)
Ivanhoe
Aquinas (Will be Premiers 2008)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think the premier competition having a bye will effect north 2, with rupo, xavs and bernards all haveing their firsts players available for selection? will they drop players or give them the week off? could be some upsets this week if players are dropped, possibly aquinas first loss.

think the premier competition having a bye will effect north 2, with rupo, xavs and bernards all haveing their firsts players available for selection? will they drop players or give them the week off? could be some upsets this week if players are dropped, possibly aquinas first loss.

if they play 2s this week then they have to play 2s next week

The nobbers had another hard fought victory down by the yarra yesterday. With a depleted side of only 17 players, it was a great win. OG's were a bit stiff in the end, but they never looked like they wanted it.

What the hell happened to Aquinas? Whose the bloke that doubted my tip?

By the way, OG's facilities are appalling to say the least.

North2 gets a taste of premier football

how was it boys? any feedback from Xavs vs Aquinas, Rupo vs Therry and mayb even bernards v st leo's?

as a member of the aquinas team that lost out to xavs on the weekend, i must first say that our boys played a f**kin fantastic game given our circumstances...

while we cant deny that we lost our first game, and no excuses should be made, the fact our boys came so close with 1 on the bench (as opposed to 6) from the outset and finishing with 16 fit players, and missing 8 off the list, including 6 of our stars to ones duties, its a testament to the heart that the guys who some on this forum have written off as duds, showed.

from speaking to my opponent on the day, old xavs had at least 7 or 8 players come down from the premier division. it seems a similar result happened in the rupertswood game.

the aquinas boys can take heart in this loss because not only did we almost hand it to half a premier team, we will only get stronger, and regain half of our starting 22.

im looking forward to perhaps meeting old xaverians in the finals. Perhaps the tables will turn, when they have their North 2 side on the field, and not their Premier side.

Hello:)
I tip Ivanhoe to beat Old Xavs next week by 22 points.
Old Xavs when they don't have half the premier side aren't anything special, Ivanhoe on the other hand have a team full of drunks and smokers who can beat any team in this league if they put there head down. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back