U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

ivanhoe v therry- too strong
rupo v bernards- the start of bernards run!
nobs v aquinas- will stay undefeated
reds v st leos- reds are struggling
xavs v geelong- xavs too good at home

Not sure if Robby will take that comment too kindly. Pefect forecast tomorrow for their pacey midfielders to outrun Bernards. Rupo by a comfortable 32 points for me

Tips for this week:

Ivanhoe over Therry by 25, although if Rees plays it would be a lot closer
Rupo over Bernards by 30, Harvestar is right. Rupo too quick for ST B's
Aquinas to smash NOBS by 70, with this game in the uni hols, NOBS will struggle
ESL over Fitzroy by 60, Leos better than the 8th they sit on the ladder
Xav's over Old Geelong by 2 points, and only because the holidays might leave OG undermanned.

Have Xav's fallen out of finals contention? If they lose this week they won't have won a game in 5, with the draw last week their only points.

Nxt 3 weeks vital for several clubs. With NOBS and OG needing to reduce the damage during the holidays, Xavs needing to get their season back on track, and Therry looking to build momentum.

cant write off xavs just yet. they always have the depth to pull themselves back up, and i think they will make finals, some of the sides above above dont appear to be that strong, and with the supposed outs from geelong and nobs you might find them climb back up the ladder.
as for bernards, they are starting to get some BIG ins from the ones so i think they are very capable to knock off rupo. they will come home strongly

Well it was a disappointing day down at the nobbery. Didn't bring our A game and still a couple of outs.

Don't really think Aquinas deserve to be undefeated. Soon enough they'll be beaten, hopefully it reduces some of their arrogance!

At least we had one victory, Aver being shut down for the game. It is easy to kick 49 goals and look good in a good side!

Was in attendance at the NOBs vs Aquinas game on the weekend, Aquinas won the game through their running players and sharp skills. However, in saying that they certainly showed that they are a very beatable team. In response to your comment above about Aver being shut down, it is clear that he was taken out of the game by Jason Brun who made Aver look like a 2nd rate footballer.

in response to the last couple of posts, i was also in attendance on the weekend and nobs, please get off your high horse. nobs were never really in the game and the main difference between the sides was their midfields; i agree with maxtor that aquinas possess better quality, skillful runners willing to work for each other. i also noticed that aquinas had no bench and hav since learnt that 5 of their starting 18 were unavailable, including a chf and full back.
the bloke on aver obviously gave him a bath, but also notice that he is still the 2nd leading goalkicker in the division and only been goalless twice. may i add, aquinas' goalkickers havent been put up against rupo so harvestar, he has actually kicked closer to 55.

in response to the last couple of posts, i was also in attendance on the weekend and nobs, please get off your high horse. nobs were never really in the game and the main difference between the sides was their midfields; i agree with maxtor that aquinas possess better quality, skillful runners willing to work for each other. i also noticed that aquinas had no bench and hav since learnt that 5 of their starting 18 were unavailable, including a chf and full back.
the bloke on aver obviously gave him a bath, but also notice that he is still the 2nd leading goalkicker in the division and only been goalless twice. may i add, aquinas' goalkickers havent been put up against rupo so harvestar, he has actually kicked closer to 55.

Bit of punctuation missing, i dont quite understand what you mean with the last sentence!?

I wasn't trying to have a dig mate, but from the what i saw, Aver is just the cherry on top as far as im concerned. Considering those other blokes up forward kicked most of the 14 goals, and Aver being goalless.

When you have such good supply from your midfield, then it makes it a lot easier to kick multiples. Im assuming most of them were against the Reds?

any aquinas blokes out there?
is naulty(plays 1s for you blokes) any chance at dropping down to the 19s in the run home?
because when he played a couple years ago and he was the best forward in the competition, let alone now with the comp being as weak as it is

Naultz won't be playing 19's, his too old now.
Aquinas are very happy with the win against nobs, with a few key players out and coming up against the team we rate as the 2nd or 3rd best in the league. Wouldn't call us arrogant either, more confidient, which i think we deserve to be and which seems to get us places

Vaners it appeared so to me. Your coach seemed to be having a good laugh at us in the 2nd half, not sure what for?

I also noticed the rats tail hasn't died out in the far eastern suburbs....... that gave me something to laugh at on saturday, there wasn't too much else to be happy about.

Harvs,

You're right. The coach does like to giggle at the opposition. Or maybe he's laughing at the idea that he's coaching a side in a division below their standard. Anyway they're all pretty happy with themselves. Reminds me a lot of the Fitzroy Reds from a couple of seasons ago who went onto to perform the greatest choke of all time against Bulleen-Templestowe. B-T came from the first semi, so one of the top teams choked in the preliminary final. Guess who? Starts with a and ends in quinas. We can only hope for a repeat.

But now for a serious comment. I didn't realise the eccentricities of the fixture. I know it initially involved Old Westbourne but how did they come up with this result. Old Ivanhoe and NOBs get to play the bottom two five times in the season. NOBs get Fitzroy Reds on three occasions! Therry and Rupertswood only get three cracks at the bottom two teams. As a result NOBs play XAVs once, Old Ivanhoe - Old Geelong once, Rupo play Old Geelong three times and Therry play Old XAVs once. This fixture is a travesty.

Final four should be Aquinas, Old Ivanhoe, Old Xavs and NOBs. Therry and Rupo - if one manages to make the finals, they will have performed better than the teams above them.

Go Rupo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harvs,

You're right. The coach does like to giggle at the opposition. Or maybe he's laughing at the idea that he's coaching a side in a division below their standard. Anyway they're all pretty happy with themselves. Reminds me a lot of the Fitzroy Reds from a couple of seasons ago who went onto to perform the greatest choke of all time against Bulleen-Templestowe. B-T came from the first semi, so one of the top teams choked in the preliminary final. Guess who? Starts with a and ends in quinas. We can only hope for a repeat.

But now for a serious comment. I didn't realise the eccentricities of the fixture. I know it initially involved Old Westbourne but how did they come up with this result. Old Ivanhoe and NOBs get to play the bottom two five times in the season. NOBs get Fitzroy Reds on three occasions! Therry and Rupertswood only get three cracks at the bottom two teams. As a result NOBs play XAVs once, Old Ivanhoe - Old Geelong once, Rupo play Old Geelong three times and Therry play Old XAVs once. This fixture is a travesty.

Final four should be Aquinas, Old Ivanhoe, Old Xavs and NOBs. Therry and Rupo - if one manages to make the finals, they will have performed better than the teams above them.

Go Rupo.
Robbo, for someone who has spent so much time looking at the draw, I'm amazed that you saw Old Ivanhoe listed to play anyone at all. I think you'll find they are in another grade altogether. Take another look and you may notice its Ivanhoe who are in North 2!!

Either way Robby, i know what you mean, we have been blessed with a good draw.
Its a credit to you guys, that you're doing so well, having to play more of the higher echelon sides more often.
As for the choking, not sure if it'll happen but wouldn't be unhappy about it, anything to wipe the smug smile of that coaches face.

in reply to vaners comment - didnt "naultz" play in the under 19 vic team just a few weeks back hence making him eligable

i can see why he wouldnt be dropped back tho - and clearly isnt needed atm

also id like to comment on the therry vs ivanhoe game

i havent seen aquinas yet but if ivanhoe are the second best team in this competition then there is no need to worry about "bad draws" because any half decent team should walk into the four

any 1 of the 9 players that therry had out due either being in the senior team or unavailability would have made the difference on saturday - this might sound a touch arrogant but with 1 harder older body against ivanhoe instead of the 16y/o boys in the middle for therry would have had ivanhoe beaten as the whole game was played "going with one hand"

Harvs,

Go Rupo.

i dont think rupo would want to play bernards again!

Good point ratpit, i don't think most teams would want to play you at the moment, considering your form in recent weeks. Can't wait to see how it pans out on saturday!

from the way i understand it.. naulty is eligible to play in the 19's h&a fixture, although ineligible to play finals as he has played too many matches in the ones

just assumed naultz was too old, he was a year level above most of the boys and most of the boys are top age. Obviously he's eligble tho. Doesn't matter he won't drop down

Tips for this week:

Aquinas by 40 points over Reds (maybe a bit conservative)
Emmaus by 24 over OG's...... just think the OG's are too undermanned for he uni holidays.
Ivanhoe by 10 over Rupo..... match of the round IMO. Will be very close indeed.
NOBS by 16 over St. Bernards...... this will also be very close i'm tipping
Therry by 5 over Xavs....... Neither team impress me a great deal, to hard to call

Tips for this week:

Aquinas by 40 points over Reds (maybe a bit conservative)
Emmaus by 24 over OG's...... just think the OG's are too undermanned for he uni holidays.
Ivanhoe by 10 over Rupo..... match of the round IMO. Will be very close indeed.
NOBS by 16 over St. Bernards...... this will also be very close i'm tipping
Therry by 5 over Xavs....... Neither team impress me a great deal, to hard to call

Aquinas by 80+... Reds just cant seem to win
Emmaus by 12... Could go either way
Ivanhoe by 18... Ivanhoe should have the strength to get over the line
NOBS by 30... if NOBS r looking at finals they need to win to stay in touch
Xavs by 18... looks to have found some form with a good win over OGS

also id like to comment on the therry vs ivanhoe game

i havent seen aquinas yet but if ivanhoe are the second best team in this competition then there is no need to worry about "bad draws" because any half decent team should walk into the four

any 1 of the 9 players that therry had out due either being in the senior team or unavailability would have made the difference on saturday - this might sound a touch arrogant but with 1 harder older body against ivanhoe instead of the 16y/o boys in the middle for therry would have had ivanhoe beaten as the whole game was played "going with one hand"

Saw the game also. Therry played with some nice system early. After they were leading 26-0 they just seemed to stop. I have seen Ivanhoe 4 times and they seem to start bad every time. Once their CHF starts to fire though they seem to move into another gear. Paul Walter is having a brilliant year at CHF considering what little football he has played in the past.

i dont think rupo would want to play bernards again!

Rupo had a very lucky win on Saturday. One quarter of good footy doesn't normally win you a game of football but it does against a bottom side. They are the facts Ratpit.

In a perfect world we wouldn't be playing St Bs again but we'd have another crack at Fitzroy Reds. My point concerned a fixture where teams play each other twice. It's clear that this is not a normal fixture. Old Ivanhoe and NOBs benefit from the fixture and their results will have to be discounted when judging their seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back