U18 Championships Results thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse the ignorance here, but when is WA's next game?
Hoping Steve Coniglio has another great game, he is going to be a star.

SW/ACT 3.7 6.11 10.18 15.21 (111)
Queensland 1.2 3.3 5.4 5.7 (37)

GOALS
NSW/ACT:
Josh Bruce 4, Anthony Miles 2, Jack Mahony 2, Sam Martyn, Blake Bray, Kaine Stevens, Kurt Aylett, James Brain, Harrison Cumming, Wade Hancock
Queensland: Liam Ruttedge 3, Luke Shreeve, Jackson Ryan

BEST
NSW/ACT:
Josh Bruce, Kaine Stevens, Tim Segrave, Anthony Miles, Jack Mahony, Josh Cole
Queensland: Sam Michael, Chris Wittkopp, Leon Bolliger-Ha, Nathan Reid, Jake Crawford

Tasmania 3.3 9.5 15.6 18.9 (117)
Northern Territory 4.3 7.4 10.7 11.7 (73)

GOALS
Tasmania:
Charlie Riewoldt 4, Jimmy Webster 2, Josh Green 2, Joseph Groenewegen 2, Matthew Dilger, Michael Musicka, Jacob Gillbee, Ben Brown, Rudy Barrett, Jay Blackberry, Ryan Bailey, Adam Green
Northern Territory: Lindsay Lawler 2, Steven May 2, Shaun Edwards 2, Anthony Tipungwuti 2, Shannon Rioli, Kieren Smith, Dean Staunton

BEST
Tasmania:
Andrew Phillips, Ryan Bailey, Josh Green, Sam Darley, Charlie Riewoldt, Joseph Groenewegen
Northern Territory: Corey Baxter, Steven May, Lachlan Mitchell, Shaun Edwards, Lindsay Lawler, Kirsten Hunte

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/96636/default.aspx

Excuse the ignorance here, but when is WA's next game?
Hoping Steve Coniglio has another great game, he is going to be a star.

Next saturday at Visy park. I'll keep an eye out for him. This will be my first look at WA so there are a lot of players I'm keen on getting a look at.

i think you will find he is a scholar holder with GWS and they have first rights on him. I think he has to be selected by them this year or is a free agent so to speak.

Dont think there is any doubt he will be picked up based on what am hearing as his performances are just getting better and better. I hope he has a good game at ES as people will really enjoy watching him - massive talent.

Vic Metro 4.4 8.5 11.6 18.12 (120)
Northern Territory 2.0 2.5 3.7 4.7 (31)

GOALS
Vic Metro:
Thomas Schneider 3, Viv Michie 3, Darcy Barden 3, Ryan Lester 2, Alex Johnson 1, Adam Tomlinson 1, Aaron Young 1, Cameron Guthrie 1, Josh Caddy 1, Thomas Gordon 1, Josh Marchback 1
NT: Lindsay Lawler 1, Nathan Ah Mat-Watkins 1, Steven May 1, Kirsten Hunter 1

BEST
Vic Metro:
Thomas Schneider , Josh Marchback, Josh Caddy, Cameron Guthrie, Viv Michie, Alex Johnson
NT: Steven May, Shannon Rioli, Corey Baxter, Dean Staunton, Aaron Craufurd, Nathan Ah-Mat Watkins

That is a Touch Up and see another Rioli there

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/96954/default.aspx

Does anyone know how Dylan Conway played???

On and off the bench. Some possessions in the 2nd half. Alot of good handball and 1 nice kick to a leading forward that turned into a goal. If you know him tell him to get a personal trainer. He has some good skills but not the fitness to use them properly over 4 solid quarters.

If he gets drafted, pre-season will kill him very quickly with his current fitness level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few brief comments from today's fixtures. Something really notable in terms of the best play of the day, IMO, was an effort from NSW/ACT's Steven Jolffe (CHB), who went charging back with the flight late in the 3rd quarter against WA. Got crunched by the WA player (Darling?), and sent shivers through everyone who saw it. Unbelieveable courage. Got up and kept playing, and was used as an example by coach Rohan Smith to the rest of the side. Outstanding effort. :thumbsu:

I know it's an obvious one, but Jack Darling, wow! Looked a lot like Franklin from behind in the #23, looks a combination of Carey and Franklin. Miles to go yet, but he was great to watch. Kicked one great goal in the 3rd quarter dancing in traffic, and in another passage of play stole the ball from an opponent and ran off with it. Will be a crowd pleaser.

Bennell, Butcher, Elisseou and Conca all played quite well, too.

Jolffe's courage was terric J26.

It was Darling who crunched him.

I'd like to see Darling work on that attitude though. Swagger is good, but he did a couple of things that would have been to the detriment of the team.

Wilson was very good also. His decision making, vision and kicking skills are terrific.

Black and Fasolo were good aswell

Bruce was great all game for NSW/ACT. Such a strong contested mark.

Please tell me it's Maurice's boy and he's a gun. Edit: nope, Dean's brother. Maurice does have a boy coming through I believe, but not yet.

Yeah it is Dean's brother Shannon. He is playing for Thunder as an overage player. Also I don't think Maurirce has a son coming through.

Yeah it is Dean's brother Shannon. He is playing for Thunder as an overage player. Also I don't think Maurirce has a son coming through.

Apparently Maurice has a kid who's 14 or something. I'm not sure though.

Where were all you guys sitting today?? I was up in the Pratt Stand up the back but went to the one above the Storm Admin area (near the scoreboard and timekeepers box) for the last bit. Saw Neale Danaher around too.

Where were all you guys sitting today?? I was up in the Pratt Stand up the back but went to the one above the Storm Admin area (near the scoreboard and timekeepers box) for the last bit. Saw Neale Danaher around too.

Up The Top near the ScoreBoard and Coaches Box. Saw Shifter there. Seat with WALL-E

A few brief comments from today's fixtures. Something really notable in terms of the best play of the day, IMO, was an effort from NSW/ACT's Steven Jolffe (CHB), who went charging back with the flight late in the 3rd quarter against WA. Got crunched by the WA player (Darling?), and sent shivers through everyone who saw it. Unbelieveable courage. Got up and kept playing, and was used as an example by coach Rohan Smith to the rest of the side. Outstanding effort. :thumbsu:

I know it's an obvious one, but Jack Darling, wow! Looked a lot like Franklin from behind in the #23, looks a combination of Carey and Franklin. Miles to go yet, but he was great to watch. Kicked one great goal in the 3rd quarter dancing in traffic, and in another passage of play stole the ball from an opponent and ran off with it. Will be a crowd pleaser.

Bennell, Butcher, Elisseou and Conca all played quite well, too.

Good to see you there mate

All went as expected today in the way of results. Shame the rain came down, it was pretty nippy.

Some good footy, but pretty scrappy.

Was great to meat you there mate and have a Good Chat about the Kids and Draft

I wrote down a whole bunch on notes from today and yesterday but left them in melb and now in the country. Will post them when i'm back.

Fairly scrappy footy all day today and yesterday when the rain came, guys with that elite skill really came through.

Remove this Banner Ad

U18 Championships Results thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back