UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Two water carriers in charge of talented teams. If they were playing each other in your back garden you would shut the curtains.
That’s how international football is won though. There’s minimal system and tactics and makes it a bit more entertaining. There’s just a lack of individual talent in the modern game.

Spain have it in Lamal and Nico. England are getting brute forced by Jude because they have no talented forwards or wingers.

So it appeared Mbappe took himself off at ht of extra time. He missed a pen at last Euros when they were eliminated. A bit piss poor tbh and seemed to surprise Deschamps.

The broken nose is affecting him. Shouldn't be playing, reckon Real in the background have been pushing him to pull out and be operated on.

The broken nose is affecting him. Shouldn't be playing, reckon Real in the background have been pushing him to pull out and be operated on.

Going from Ronaldo and Messi for 15+ years to Mbappe taking himself out of a major international tournament QF because his face mask was bothering him is a hell of a downgrade in mentality.

He played 105 mins and will play next game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s how international football is won though. There’s minimal system and tactics and makes it a bit more entertaining. There’s just a lack of individual talent in the modern game.

Spain have it in Lamal and Nico. England are getting brute forced by Jude because they have no talented forwards or wingers.

England's strength is in the forward areas.

Kane is as good a finisher as anyone in the game. European Golden Shoe: 2023–24.
Foden - Premier League Player of the Season.
Palmer - Premier League Young Player of the Season.
Bellingham - La Liga Player of the Season.

Wharton might make a difference in quickly getting the ball to those players but he hasn't had a sniff. Snoregate tactics are to pass it sideways across a back four until they have to go back to Pickford who hoofs it.

Mbappe copped that ball to the face in the second half of normal time which seemed to really aggravate the injury. Didn’t seem himself after, and was seen icing his face straight after being subbed off. Bold move to remove him with penalties looming. However France still got the job done.

Bloody French!

v Austria 1-0 an own goal
v Netherlands 0-0
v Poland 1-1 both penalties
v Belgium 1-0 an own goal
v Portugal 0-0 win on pens.

Not a single goal scored, nor a single goal conceded in open play in five games on way to the Semis.
It’s crushingly boring and I hope the Spaniards get past them.

Clearly Shaw isn't just "chilling".
Well Gomez played quite well at LB for us the season just gone.

This is just another classic England move of shoehorning all their best players on the field.

Southgate is like, how can I play Cole Palmer, I know, I'll move Saka to LWB. Perfect haha

Well Gomez played quite well at LB for us the season just gone.

This is just another classic England move of shoehorning all their best players on the field.

Southgate is like, how can I play Cole Palmer, I know, I'll move Saka to LWB. Perfect haha

The main issue with Trippier at LB is the constant cutting in on to his right foot, playing Gomez there doesn’t solve that issue.

It was poor squad selection from Southgate to not take a fit left-footed fullback, he’s sort of forced himself in to playing Saka there because of it.

UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back