UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the current England squad, the following might make the squad but shouldn't be key players at the next World Cup.
  • Walker (34yo)
  • Trippier (33yo)
  • Kane (30yo)
Where do England go from here? 2x finals and a semifinal in their last 4 major tournaments has been an impressive achievement but I think we'd all agree there are areas they could improve.

I'm interested in the way Real Madrid have used Bellingham this year, at the tip of a midfield diamond with Vinicius and Rodrygo playing ahead of him. This has obviously gotten the best out of Bellingham, and as a system has been demonstrably successful for Real Madrid as a team. Do England have the players to do something similar?

----A-----------B----
-----Bellingham-----
----C-----------D----
----------E-----------

Last edited:
Looking at the current England squad, the following players might make the squad but shouldn't be key players at the next World Cup.
  • Walker (34yo)
  • Trippier (33yo)
  • Kane (30yo)
Where do England go from here? 2x finals and a semifinal in their last 4 major tournaments has been an impressive achievement but I think we'd all agree there are areas they could improve.

I'm interested in the way Real Madrid have used Bellingham this year, at the tip of a midfield diamond with Vinicius and Rodrygo playing ahead of him. This has obviously gotten the best out of Bellingham, and as a system has been demonstrably successful for Real Madrid as a team. Do England have the players to do something similar?

----A-----------B----
-----Bellingham-----
----C-----------D----
----------E-----------

Walker & Trippier shouldn't be part of the future going forward for England. Likewise possibly Luke Shaw & Maguire.

USA 2026 could be the last hurrah for Kane.

Looking at the current England squad, the following players might make the squad but shouldn't be key players at the next World Cup.
  • Walker (34yo)
  • Trippier (33yo)
  • Kane (30yo)

----A-----------B----
-----Bellingham-----
----C-----------D----
----------E-----------

I think it’s a bit premature to be writing Kane off as a top player within two years. He’s coming off a 40 goal season with Bayern, he’s still one of the best in the world.

I know he had a poor tournament and was apparently dealing with a back injury, but I reckon he’s still got plenty of years left at the top.

Looking at the current England squad, the following might make the squad but shouldn't be key players at the next World Cup.
  • Walker (34yo)
  • Trippier (33yo)
  • Kane (30yo)

----A-----------B----
-----Bellingham-----
----C-----------D----
----------E-----------
How old is Pickford?

He's always been pretty good for England, but you wonder if a different type of keeper could improve England's style of play.

How old is Pickford?

He's always been pretty good for England, but you wonder if a different type of keeper could improve England's style of play.
Pickford will be 32 in 2026, which really is nothing in keeper world. Who else is knocking the door down to take his spot on a more permanent basis?

Remove this Banner Ad

UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back