UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Trent is comfortably better than Gallagher in any position. I’d start him at RB though and drop Walker who looked a bit meh. Then get Wharton in midfield.

England were fine this morning, did what they need to do. I don’t remember any tournament winner ever firing on all cylinders from the first game.

Just don't see it with Trent, looks a fish out of water in the CM.

Put out wide where he's damaging.

I thought he was fine this morning and can’t help but feel he is being positioned as the scapegoat for when England go out. Against good opposition I’m not convinced either, but I still would have him there over Gallagher who to me is just bang average.

Wharton is the one that should be next to Rice imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Gallagher ain't great but he's a million times better CM than TAA. Got to find a way to get Palmer on the pitch too after the season he just had.
But Gallagher is a battler at best. England are creatively stunted as it is, you cant take off their most creative player in Trent.

I'd just play TAA at RB. The whole he cant defend thing for me doesnt wash. We dont win every trophy possible if he cant defend.

I'm surprised he didn't come on for Bellingham, Bowen did look pretty good coming in at RW though.
Yeah I'd be playing Palmer through the middle where he's more effective.

Sterling turning to shit is lighting a big hole on the left with all the attackers better suited in the middle or on the right.

I thought he was fine this morning and can’t help but feel he is being positioned as the scapegoat for when England go out. Against good opposition I’m not convinced either, but I still would have him there over Gallagher who to me is just bang average.

Wharton is the one that should be next to Rice imo.
I agree that neither are the answer next to Rice.

But Gallagher is a battler at best. England are creatively stunted as it is, you cant take off their most creative player in Trent.

I'd just play TAA at RB. The whole he cant defend thing for me doesnt wash. We dont win every trophy possible if he cant defend.

TAA as right back adding to midfield in possession only works if a defensive mid drops to cover him. Southgate isn't tactically aware enough to do that.

He’s not playing RB when Walker is a better defensive winger.

TAA is a central minded player, which Klopp protected with VVD and Matip as the full backs.

Holland good win near the end. Denmark rued all those missed chances and **** England looked shit. The thing is we got the win and that's huge in the Euros and especially after the draw in the previous game.

France tomorrow you beauty.

Remove this Banner Ad

UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back