FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rebus reboot is ok. It's good as a stand alone series, but I think if you try to compare with the old one you'll be disappointed. It's brutal at times, but that might be a new 'thing' in current crime series. The story is good, with some twists. And there's a subtext of the treatment of combat vets.

Just about finished Bodkin.
What is it with Irish stuff of late? Equal amount of likeable and dis-likeable characters. Weird storylines. Expect the unexpected. Under-current of black humour. Strong Nationalism. Alcohol a-plenty. Obscenities by the truckload.
Yet all of this packaged into something entertaining and very watchable.
Interesting that the Obama's ponyed up with some coin to produce it. That in itself is fooking weird, to be sure.

The Rebus reboot is ok. It's good as a stand alone series, but I think if you try to compare with the old one you'll be disappointed. It's brutal at times, but that might be a new 'thing' in current crime series. The story is good, with some twists. And there's a subtext of the treatment of combat vets.

I watched the first episode. Pretty good. Will keep going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just about finished Bodkin.
What is it with Irish stuff of late? Equal amount of likeable and dis-likeable characters. Weird storylines. Expect the unexpected. Under-current of black humour. Strong Nationalism. Alcohol a-plenty. Obscenities by the truckload.
Yet all of this packaged into something entertaining and very watchable.
Interesting that the Obama's ponyed up with some coin to produce it. That in itself is fooking weird, to be sure.
Love/hate prob opened up avenue for more lirsh stuff ..

I finished it now. Pretty good though I thought the final episode dropped off a bit. I'm familiar with broad Scottish accents but there were times I had to replay to understand what they were saying.

I finished it now. Pretty good though I thought the final episode dropped off a bit. I'm familiar with broad Scottish accents but there were times I had to replay to understand what they were saying.

I'm a couple in. Going OK but the accents! It's another language.
Even the subtitles need subtitles, and that's no lie.

Technically, this is from the U.K and is a cop show, but has anyone ever seen 'A Touch of... Cloth'?

I'd never heard of it before, but strangely came across it twice in the past week! Made by Charlie Brooker of 'Black Mirror' fame... And John Hannah & Suranne Jones is quite the lead pairing!

Highbrow entertainment at it's finest by the look of it:

Last edited:
Technically, this is from the U.K and is a cop show, but has anyone ever seen 'A Touch of... Cloth'?

I'd never heard of it before, but strangely came across it twice in the past week! Made by Charlie Brooker of 'Black Mirror' fame... And John Hannah & Suranne Jones is quite the lead pairing!

Highbrow entertainment at it's finest by the look of it:

I hadn't heard of it before either. Also strangely, I was looking up silly words on Urban Dictionary the other day. One of them was 'Turtle Heads' - it said the American equivalent was 'Touching Cloth'. Then I saw your post about this show.

I watched the first one. They do a good job of parodying the British crime shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back