misfortune comes in threes...
Feb 21, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel. Utd, Manc. Utd, Molde FK
No, thats not a misprint.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/p...s/edm-detail1/?session=2010-11&edmnumber=1926

SIR ALEX FERGUSON

• Session: 2010-11
  • Date tabled: 15.06.2011
  • Primary sponsor: Stringer, Graham
  • Sponsors:
    • Lloyd, Tony
Total number of signatures: 2

• Lloyd, Tony
  • Stringer, Graham
That this House recognises the economic, social, cultural and sporting importance of football to the United Kingdom; is therefore surprised at the paucity of representatives from the world of football in the Upper House; further notes that Sir Alex Ferguson, as the manager of Aberdeen and Manchester United, is the most successful manager inthe history of British football; and calls for him to be recommended for appointment to the House of Lords.

Also:BBC Sport - MPs bid to make Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson a Lord

All hail Lord Ferguson of the Premier League :p

But seriously, giving a lordship on the basis or sport? Knighthoods I can sort of get my head around, but IMO becoming a Lord should be set against more stringent criteria.

Prime example of modern society, if you win games it doesn't matter how much of a **** you are.

Still the Sir Ryan lobby have got to find something to do with all that spare time that's suddenly arisen.

Sir Alex is one of the best managers ever, but is also one of the biggest w***ers the game has seen. He will not be remembered in the same vein as your Brian Cloughs, Rinus Michels, Paisley/Shankly and even Busby are far more liked the Fergie will ever hope to be.

I don't think there is a single manager in the world that would have complained about the referee in the Arsenal - United game recently at the Emirates. I mean, having a go at the referee who didn't send off your best Centre Back and didn't give a penalty kick borders on pathetic. I honestly can't think of any other manager who would have complained about the refereeing in that match.

In this day and age UK parliament carries no weight. its from the past, no longer relevent to society. Such things lke Lordship and Knighthood are a medieval recognition created during civil wars to rally citizens and make them happy. Today such a reward doesn't mean anything its silly to think it does, its a way of the past to respect such titles. Its why Alex F is secretely ashamed of being knighted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you may be right! Looking at Alex chewing gum the way he does really makes you want to go out and buy some, so you can be just like him! :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

UK Parliament moves to appoint Fergie to House of Lords

Remove this Banner Ad

Back