Competitions Ultimate Footy 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Josh Kennedy! Don't think I've been below 100 at any point in the season, but it doesn't hurt when you have a 10 goaler in your team. Side note, I really despise the FA and FF categories, they are really just ball breakers.

Thank you Josh Kennedy! Don't think I've been below 100 at any point in the season, but it doesn't hurt when you have a 10 goaler in your team. Side note, I really despise the FA and FF categories, they are really just ball breakers.

You're telling me! Scott Selwood gave away a free in the last 5 minutes to make my matchup a draw :mad:

Lecras and Jono Brown are beauties for me, finally paying off after I couldn't use them for weeks on end.:)

I got a 7-2 win this week, although a few of the categories were very close, so it wasn't safe until the last few minutes of the last match.

I lost my first match in the Nicks league though, still sitting second on the ladder there, but I had way too many scores under 50 to win this week.:(

Bombers with the bye next week, I don't have any Essendon players in my starting lineup, so I should be right this week.:)

You're telling me! Scott Selwood gave away a free in the last 5 minutes to make my matchup a draw :mad:

It really is kinda absurd, how do you even pick players that will consistently NOT get free kicks against them? Unless you had Judd/Selwood in your team. Kinda makes the competition a liiiiittle bit unbalanced when 2/9 categories are total wildcards.

It really is kinda absurd, how do you even pick players that will consistently NOT get free kicks against them? Unless you had Judd/Selwood in your team. Kinda makes the competition a liiiiittle bit unbalanced when 2/9 categories are total wildcards.
This has been my first year doing it so I just picked who I thought were good players not understanding the concept really. It has failed me big time with my forwards and rucks, probably only won 2 or 3 of the weeks in each category due to me picking forwards who theoretically get a lot of the ball but don't kick many goals and picking Hille who barely spends any time in the ruck.

But yeah, you're right, picking people based on frees for and against is kinda tough.

Bad luck Beez, I'm 1/2 a game behind you now, after a 7-2 win, with Garlett getting me up in kicks, accuracy and scoring during the last game of the round.:thumbsu:

I had my second loss in a row in the Nicks League, might have to put up some trades there, struggling a little bit now it seems.:(

Port have the bye next week, shouldn't effect too many teams much.:)

Jeez, second 2-7 loss in a row, and there were about 4 areas of real contest. I think I only lost kicks by 4, lost accuracy by .15%, and lost the scoring 92-96 iirc. Gotta love ultimate footy!

Another win, this time 7-2.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'm still half a game behind Beez though, he just won't lose.:cool:

Also fought back and won my Nicks BB match, sitting in 2nd in that league also.:)

Since the return of Lecras and J.Brown I haven't lost a scoring category, which really helps most weeks.:thumbsu:

Stkilda with the bye next week, perfect for me, no Saints players in my starting lineup.

Interesting to see the league medal also, no sign of one C.Judd.;) Pity the brownlow isn't decided on a category based scoring system.

Totally decimated by injuries/byes this week, lost 7 weekly starters :( Annoying thing is there aren't too many players I want to pick up.

I've already put $50 down on 5150 beating me :p

Wow, I had a shocker, beaten 7-2 by Malteaser, luckily Beez had a loss too, so I didn't lose any ground.;)

Anyway, the trade deadline for this league comes up on the 24th of this month, so if you want to suggest some trades, go ahead, I'm open to almost anything at this point considering my recent run of bad form.:)

Still flying in the Nicks BB league though, got the highest score once again.:thumbsu:

Also, you can now fully customise your teams guernsey, I went with White and Black, basically our away strip.:D

I will not use my iPhone to do my captain again was going to put Pavlich as my captain thought I had it right when I expanded the screen only saw the ch at the end of the name had a look at it this afternoon and saw I picked Lynch as my captain. Bugger!

Going to lose to Matty anyway.

I hope Pav doesn't have a blinder tonight.

I lost just to keep things interesting :p

Not really, you kicked my bum DarkDays. My team has struggled lately, my forward line seems to be shit and I always seem to lose in that scoring field each week. Stevie J's 7 goals didn't really help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 rounds to go till the finals start now, and I'm trying to hang on to second spot.

Looks as if one more win will get me there, after a 7-2 win this week over Micka, although it was a come from behind win thanks to Pendles and a heap of Port and Crows players.

Another loss in the Nicks BB league, no shock there, I had 5-6 players on the field who were injured/had the bye, seriously struggling for depth in that team.

Bring on the finals, the closeness and unpredictability of this league means anyone who makes the final 6 has a chance of winning it all IMO, although having the double chance will help.:)

Crucial losses this season have killed me, i have a decent percentage (greater than that of the 2 people above me) but I still can't see myself making the finals which is shattering. I feel like Hawthorn 2009 :(

The home and away season is over Ladies and Gentleman, and we have our final 6 for the finals series.

Beez's Boys and my team, the Machine have earned the week off, while the other 4 teams who made the top 6 will play off in a head to head battle to the death.:eek:

In Elimination Final One we have 5150 vs Lockyer 24, and in Elimination Final Two we have Darkdayz Dominators vs Micka.

I finished second in both leagues, so I can relax and sit back and watch what unfolds next week, before getting back into the swing of things for the preliminary finals.:)

Remember there are also consolation finals for those that failed:rolleyes: to make the top 6, so don't give up yet, even if you didn't make the cut.

Best of luck to all, I'll be waiting for the winner of elimination final number two.:)

Also, Dean Cox is the winner of our leagues MVP award, gratz Big Cox.

The first week of the finals are done and dusted, and we have our preliminary final matchups for season 2011.

In Prelim one, 5150 won through after a 5-3 matchup over Lockyer24 and will now face minor premiers beez boys.

While in Prelim Two, Darkdayz Dominators won a thriller over Micka to progress to face some team named THE MACHINE.;)

So then there were 4, and it's all or nothing from here on in, win and you get to the Grand Final, lose and it's curtains for your 2011 Ultimate Footy season.:)

Good luck to all of you.

My critical mistake was Pav as my captain I nearly switched Wells with Pav on the Friday night which I think would have won me the game.

Oh well there is always next year.

Matty comfortably makes the granny, really close between myself and 5150.

3 categories still in play, I can see a late free kick against knocking me out :(

I'm 8-1 up, I'm shocked.:eek::D

Yep, and your match up seems very close, could come down to the last few minutes of the Port/Bombers game.

I have a close one in Nicks BB league, 8 points up at half time, and we both have 3 live players.

Gratz to Beez, our 2011 Ultimate Footy league Champion.:thumbsu:

He smashed me really, 7-2 was the final score, but it could have been much closer if I had have started Menzel on the ground.

Oh well, 2nd place, I will load up again next year and look for that elusive UF title.:cool:

I also got done in the Nicks League GF, by 49 points, despite scoring a season high.

I feel like I play for Stkilda.:p:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Ultimate Footy 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back