Ultimate Footy 2013 - Wise Guy Sam is the Champion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to WGS on taking out the flag.
As it turns out my belligerent trade strategy wasn't necessary in the consolation final, romped in 8-1! Tom Liberatore takes out the Brad Scott Medal for best player in the 9th place playoff even though his performance came when the game was all but won.

Also, on my being a jerk and selling spuds for stars, I think trading in finals should still be possible, just make sure they are fair as with the rest of trades throughout the season.

I had a horrible feeling about both my UF GF on Thursday night when the teams were released but my players always play for me :p

Thanks for a fun season guys. I hope to play again next season and perhaps finish higher than 8th in the regular season.

Dayne Beams gave me nothing this week and didn't play last week. He was also my first pick who miss 2/3 of the season. But his 4-5 good games just squeezed me into finals. Micky Malthouse just called and asked how to win the flag from 8th. I gave him misinformation :p

sivart your thoughts on the game?

The better team won, I can have no complaints. By the start of Sunday morning the scores were level 4-4 with us both having 8 players to play each, so the game was in the balance. However when I saw Montagna pick up 47 touches and have 12 marks I always knew it was going to be hard for me to win.

I had some of my keys players under perform a little bit and had to make some emergency signings (who didn't pay off) to fill my teams list.

That also reminds me: people, early indication of who would be keen to go around again next year? Nothing official or binding yet of course, just want to get an idea.

1. PureFooty - Sylvia Euphoria - in
2. Logger - The Skipton Whippets - in
3. Dory_77 - Prendo's Projectors - in
4. lose - Loose Billy - OFFICIALLY KICKED OUT FOR ABANDONING SHIP IN MAY
5. Show Some Fight - Whiteboard Wednesday - out
6. Striker475 - Sporting GHRP-6ers
7. Captain Jack - The Faceless Men - in for 2014
8. Hellbourne - Seppuku United
9. Eth - Team Name Pending
10. Wise Guy Sam - Moo City FC - in for 2014
11. Carusiii - Wax on Wax off
12. sivart - Southern Stingers - in
13. Marlowe - Somalia Privateers - in for 2014
14. deeman87 - Viney's Troopers - in
15. Crimson Azure - Moribund Men
16. DemonJim - Stop Hammertime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In, my team will most certainly be under a review, starting with a name change
Without looking at results, were your boys on peptides at all? On top all year and then fell apart at the pointy end. Suspicious. AFL Integrity Unit may be launching an investigation into conduct #unbecoming

Without looking at results, were your boys on peptides at all? On top all year and then fell apart at the pointy end. Suspicious. AFL Integrity Unit may be launching an investigation into conduct #unbecoming

Not wanting to sound like sour grapes, but perhaps WGS should be looked into. Snuck into finals, then won the flag from 8th quite comfortably. I know there's been Bradbury flags before, but this was the most Bradburyest of them all. Their closest game in finals was 6-3 in the GF. #suss #bringingthegameintodisrepute

Remove this Banner Ad

Back