Ultimate Footy 2014: PureFooty is the winner!

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a pretty close contest I think. You have a lot of good players on your side. Reckon it will go right down to the wire.

Got a few too many flakey ones I think. Getting 4 goals out of your skipper is not the start I wanted - I had that one penned in as a win, and you're off to a roaring start in possessions. I should have hit outs down pat and have 20 marks sitting on the pine and will hopefully do a job on tackles, but we'll have to see how the rest pans out.

Why did I pick Bastinac...

Got a few too many flakey ones I think. Getting 4 goals out of your skipper is not the start I wanted - I had that one penned in as a win, and you're off to a roaring start in possessions. I should have hit outs down pat and have 20 marks sitting on the pine and will hopefully do a job on tackles, but we'll have to see how the rest pans out.
Yeah, you will comfortably win hit outs. Hoping to get over the line with tackles, now have 26 on the bench. You really need Lewis to have a big game to take the pressure off your captaincy. Although, having Rockliff as a backup isn't a terrible problem should Lewis underperform :)

Yeah, you will comfortably win hit outs. Hoping to get over the line with tackles, now have 26 on the bench. You really need Lewis to have a big game to take the pressure off your captaincy. Although, having Rockliff as a backup isn't a terrible problem should Lewis underperform :)

Yeah, I'm kind of proper ****ed now unless I get some massive games out of the guns. The 10 FF, 1 against and some nicely rounded games from your players are gaping my crevice. 26 tackles, 5 FF, 0 FA, 15 marks and 60 odd possies waiting to come on. The only thing you need to think about is who to lose and whether Kelly's 2 behinds are going to make a difference... probably not.

Anyway, such is life.

It would be nice if I could win a category.

The Fat Controllers 14.8 (92) 0.636 175 154 70 32 55 16 7 1
The Woodenspooners 18.7 (115) 0.720 181 155 74 20 67 19 2 8

In no particular order, I'd like to thank Carlton for letting Robbie Gray run amok, Gold Coast for letting that mincing geisha girl Hurley have his own pill and the umpires for the absolutely farking ridiculous free kick counts. It's brutal.

I'm feeling very sorry for myself right now. It's all straight kicks, frees for and no frees against for those damn Woodenspooners...

The Fat Controllers 17.11 (113) 0.607 218 220 89 32 73 21 9 2
The Woodenspooners 24.9 (153) 0.727 227 183 93 20 74 23 5 7

That horrible sinking feeling when you realize the fate of your season rests on three flakey Tigers and a Gold Coast reject...

Well played Lanky_Wes.

I reckon 99 times out of 100 those scores would have got the job done. What a debacle.

One final **** you to Trent Cotchin!

Last edited:
Lanky_Wes vs PureFooty in the final next week.
Very unlucky mate. You had an awesome week this week, probably one of the best weeks of the season. Unfortunately I had one just slightly better than it. So close in so many categories, could have very easily gone the other way around.

Hopefully my team can put in a similar performance next week. No point making the grand final if I can't back it up. Congrats to PureFooty for also making the grand final, and Logger for getting very close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck Logger , so close in just about every category. Huge props goes to both Cannon82 and lanky_wes they both posted some huge numbers, that would have smashed us 2. But that's 9 in a row for my mob and one step further then last years effort.
It was only close because you were one player down. I've got to hand it to you, you were far too good.

Very unlucky mate. You had an awesome week this week, probably one of the best weeks of the season. Unfortunately I had one just slightly better than it. So close in so many categories, could have very easily gone the other way around.

Hopefully my team can put in a similar performance next week. No point making the grand final if I can't back it up. Congrats to PureFooty for also making the grand final, and Logger for getting very close.
I think that might be the second year in a row I've fallen at the pre-lim. Shattered to be missing out but proud to have made it this far. the Skipton Whippets shall return!

Bizarre. Looks like PureFooty is going to win despite not bothering to update his team selection for weeks.

Final

Bizarre. Looks like PureFooty is going to win despite not bothering to update his team selection for weeks.

Final
Yep, an incredibly disappointing performance by my team (my backs in particular). Playing against a team missing two players and I still couldn't win. Congratulations to PureFooty on the win.

Now have to wait a whole year to try and redeem myself.

(my backs in particular)

Bachar Houli will only ever let you down...

But yes, miserable group performance when you've got some pretty useful names there. That Ablett fella might have come in handy as well. Pretty good run to make the final without your #1 pick.

Bachar Houli will only ever let you down...

But yes, miserable group performance when you've got some pretty useful names there. That Ablett fella might have come in handy as well. Pretty good run to make the final without your #1 pick.
Bit of a letdown given the score I put up the week before. The fact the my whole back five got about as many stats as enright and hanley sums them up. Atley was really the only one who performed okay. Robbie Gray did a pretty good job covering Ablett, Lycett played pretty well for me in the ruck, and just about every other player of mine was a disappointment.

Still, this was my first go at Ultimate Footy, so to make the grand final wasn't too bad an effort. Hopefully can back it up again next year.

Bad luck lanky_wes to be honest, not sure how I exactly won this with 16 men, I thought I'd lose for sure when Buddy was a late out, but The Firm just found a way. Think that makes it 10 or 11 in a row, and from outside the 4, I guess it's a pretty good effort. Also, you may hear a fair bit about The Firm this week, and I apologize in advance. You know how Richmond supporters are, they'll convince themselves in anyway they can that they can win and because of the global viewing that our UF league has... I'm sure they'll be drawing parallels between the two teams.

Finally special mentions to a few players,
P.Hanley (Pick 47), K.Jack (Pick 18), S.Hill (306), C.Masten (Pick 82), A.Sandilands (50:eek:), M.Jaensch (Pick 271) These guys pretty much played well every week.
Oh and Buddy who won me few of his own boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back