Sport Ultimate Footy 2015 - Discussion/Trash thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Still in this, but no Mitchell hurts bigtime. FF, FA, HO over already. Still got the captain's card in hand...
You would have to use it on Franklin surely

In my opinion the two best teams are playing off in the grandfinal. The two teams with easily the best %'s from the season.

Having had a quick look over at the teams though, I am definitely the underdog.

Height Supremacists $1.30
Southern Stingers $2.70

upload_2015-9-1_15-9-20.png

In my opinion the two best teams are playing off in the grandfinal. The two teams with easily the best %'s from the season.

Having had a quick look over at the teams though, I am definitely the underdog.

Height Supremacists $1.30
Southern Stingers $2.70

View attachment 168498

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. My team was the best - the wins, losses, percentage, statistics and rest of the competition don't tell the true story.

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. My team was the best - the wins, losses, percentage, statistics and rest of the competition don't tell the true story.
Yeah I agree, your premiership to lose.

I've already lost the GF in 2013, looks like it will happen again in 2015

However I just realised when we meet during the season I smashed you 7-2.........however you had Rockliff, Montagna & Gawn out

Yeah I agree, your premiership to lose.

I've already lost the GF in 2013, looks like it will happen again in 2015

However I just realised when we meet during the season I smashed you 7-2.........however you had Rockliff, Montagna & Gawn out

My team was (is?) the Fat Controllers mate! We played the first of the three bye rounds so it was pretty irrelevant result anyway.

I'm just being a pumpkin because my team fell apart in the second half of the year.

My team was (is?) the Fat Controllers mate! We played the first of the three bye rounds so it was pretty irrelevant result anyway.

I'm just being a pumpkin because my team fell apart in the second half of the year.
Well this is awkward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played Captain Jack . Not quite over yet but it's just about official. Tough to beat a guy with a team getting 200+ in each possy stat and about 100 or more in points, marks and hit outs. Unlucky sivart - couple of players out and hit by a train this week.

Well played Captain Jack . Not quite over yet but it's just about official. Tough to beat a guy with a team getting 200+ in each possy stat and about 100 or more in points, marks and hit outs. Unlucky sivart - couple of players out and hit by a train this week.
Yeah Rioli and McVeigh not playing really hurt me. Oh well either way I probably still would have lost

It's a bloody awesome looking side, I'm amazed how you managed to put that side together.
Oh well now I've lost two grand finals in 3 years
Got a bit lucky tbh. Horse playing Tippett in the ruck a lot, the rise of Easton Wood and Aaron Hall...

That said, luck will go a long way. Well done Captain Jack.

For next year...I'm toying with a couple of ideas.

Idea 1) Waiver wire post-game
At the end of every round, each free agent will go onto waivers for 2 days following the game. This will bring the waiver wire into full effect. Someone hit a form streak? You have to grab them off waivers rather than just as a FA. But be warned, using your waiver spot will drop you to the bottom of the bidding list. Is it worth it??

Idea 2) Dynasty
I'm considering setting up a second league for those who have been serious contributors. This will be a 12-team league, and will be opened to the finalists first. It will be a full dynasty league. 27 players. You can keep all...or you can cut...
2016 will be the first dynasty year, and subsequent years will be where cuts etc are made. Thus, regular draft in 2016, but 2017 onwards teams will be able to cut for their draft etc.

Idea 3) Dynasty Lite
Same as above, but with 5 players rolled over each year.

Got a bit lucky tbh. Horse playing Tippett in the ruck a lot, the rise of Easton Wood and Aaron Hall...

That said, luck will go a long way. Well done Captain Jack.

For next year...I'm toying with a couple of ideas.

Idea 1) Waiver wire post-game
At the end of every round, each free agent will go onto waivers for 2 days following the game. This will bring the waiver wire into full effect. Someone hit a form streak? You have to grab them off waivers rather than just as a FA. But be warned, using your waiver spot will drop you to the bottom of the bidding list. Is it worth it??

Idea 2) Dynasty
I'm considering setting up a second league for those who have been serious contributors. This will be a 12-team league, and will be opened to the finalists first. It will be a full dynasty league. 27 players. You can keep all...or you can cut...
2016 will be the first dynasty year, and subsequent years will be where cuts etc are made. Thus, regular draft in 2016, but 2017 onwards teams will be able to cut for their draft etc.

Idea 3) Dynasty Lite
Same as above, but with 5 players rolled over each year.

Idea 1 is good, should be more use of the free agent priority system. Rarely gets used at the moment.

Not a big fan of idea 2. If you have bad luck with injuries, you can dump some players and try to recover your season and in the process lose some players you want to hang on to (and maybe someone sitting pretty picks them up and can put together a squad a level above everyone else's). Or, you can keep your players and torpedo your current season. At least with the current system, if you **** up, you can at least come back the following year with a fresh slate. Idea 2 means you can completely **** your UF team in the draft, for now and the forseeable future. If you want to do a dynasty style league, idea 3 is the only way to do it, and even then I don't think its a great idea. I think you'll struggle to keep guys interested when the scales start to tip too heavily in one or more players' direction.

Guys, sorry for butting in but thought this would be a good place to put this.

Snoop Dog from the Phantom Draft board has PM'd me about them putting together a BF trade game and is looking for a dedicated volunteer to represent Melbourne.

His stated requirement is simply: "We only want to do it with people that are serious, know their club, are reasonable and will play it in the right spirit."

Most of you guys could go well in this so I couldn't recommend just 1 or 2 posters so if any of you are keen then please PM Snoop Dog and he can fill you in on what exactly is involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sport Ultimate Footy 2015 - Discussion/Trash thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back