Gouldy

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2007
Sunny coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
For those of you who have Foxtel... what the f are the umpires doing?!?!

First the holding in the ruck against the one handed magician, then the 50m, then that "push" in the back! WTF?

Don't care who is playing, umpiring like that shits me.:thumbsdown:

Worst umpired half of football I have seen all year. I'm sure Gieschen will therefore explain how there was actually no mistakes made.

Matthew Nicholls is hands down the worst umpire in the AFL and is a prime example of the quintessentially 'soft cr@p' umpiring that the Gieschen/Demetriou 'Regime' has delivered over the journey.

Yer Agree, WORDT umpriring i've seen ina long long time. This is ****, they should all be culled after this game. How was Patfull's spoil hands in the ******* back?

For those of you who have Foxtel... what the f are the umpires doing?!?!

First the holding in the ruck against the one handed magician, then the 50m, then that "push" in the back! WTF?

Don't care who is playing, umpiring like that shits me.:thumbsdown:

Go tell them that on the Dogs board. They have no clue.

**** Nicholls the ******* ****** what a ******* tosser. He shud go **** himself, coz hes a ******* ****. Would of won if it wasn't for his ****** umpiring. Comfortably the worst umpire i have ******* seen. ****head

Sorry to drop in, but you would've won comfortably if it wasn't for the umpires? Come off it, seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see the first half of the doggies v dons game the umpires gifted them 5 goals.

Worst umpired half of football I have seen all year. I'm sure Gieschen will therefore explain how there was actually no mistakes made.

Matthew Nicholls is hands down the worst umpire in the AFL and is a prime example of the quintessentially 'soft cr@p' umpiring that the Gieschen/Demetriou 'Regime' has delivered over the journey.

You listened to the game on the radio i take it?

No, I watched every second of the game actually.
Yes, there were some dodgy calls, but do you seriously think the Lions would have won comfortably if not for bad umpiring?

Yes, there were some dodgy calls, but do you seriously think the Lions would have won comfortably if not for bad umpiring?

Besides you, who said we would have won comfortably?

Who said that? One poster naively suggested that we might have won. The word comfortable was in the next sentence. Perhaps you misread?

Comfortably? No.

But I'm confident we would have managed to get the 4 points, seeing as many dodgy calls resulted in goals. You guys won by less than the goals that came by the dodgy calls.

Had we lost without the poor umpiring we would definitely not be this bitter.

You listened to the game on the radio i take it?

I watched it on fox as well and the umpiring was garbage and it went both ways.

Example Morris getting free against for outmuscling Bradshaw in the marking comp on the wing. Bradshaw knew he was beaten, and went back to stand the mark, but the ump gave him the free.
There were a couple of others, but hey, not going to split hairs.

They should be forced to explain their decisions post game, but I suppose that's Geischens job, even though he rarely admits they screwed up:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The Bald Eagle strikes again.

I'm convinced this guy seriously hates us.

I always shudder when I see his mugshot amongst the match officials in the Footy Record.

And the more vocal the crowd gets about his shitty, soft crap "decisions", the more he seems to revel in blowing the pea out of the whistle.

Terrible umpire:thumbsdown:

I watched it on fox as well and the umpiring was garbage and it went both ways.

Example Morris getting free against for outmuscling Bradshaw in the marking comp on the wing. Bradshaw knew he was beaten, and went back to stand the mark, but the ump gave him the free.
There were a couple of others, but hey, not going to split hairs.

You make a fair point about that free to Bradshaw....it was nonsense

Having said that, I sincerely believe the Doggies well and truly got the better of the dodgy 50/50's

It's just very frustrating after a loss trying to come to terms with all the 'what if" scenarios.....if only we could get a game without umpiring howlers, I'm sure footy supporters, irrespective of allegiance would go home a lot less frustrated.

i was in the minority of people who thought they werent actually going that bad, until i think, the patfull decision. that was f*****d. it seemed to go downhill very quickly from there, and another close win to the umpires. not sure if we would have won, but would have been interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires on the WBD payroll?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back