Umpires on the WBD payroll?

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing was that a lot of the decisions baldy was given weren't a matter of interpretation they were just blatantly wrong and they went against the Lions time after time. When it is one umpire making horrendous call after horrendous call against against the one team it makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

The Lions are not usually the umpire favourites so I usually take umpiring with a grain of salt but Saturday was beyone the pale. This is the kind of situation where a bit of transparency in the umpiring dept would be useful. The secrecy just promotes conspiracy theories.

Be interesting to see if he is umpiring this week. If there is any justice he will be running around in the country league somewhere this weekend.

The thing was that a lot of the decisions baldy was given weren't a matter of interpretation they were just blatantly wrong and they went against the Lions time after time. When it is one umpire making horrendous call after horrendous call against against the one team it makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

Having seen the Bald Eagle do his thing a few times before at the Gabba, I suspect he gets maybe some kind of perverse power kick by going the opposite way against the baying of the crowd.

The more they get on his case, the more he seems to revel in it.

I agree with this point. Also harder to take when its the umpire 50m off the ball who calls something that is flat out wrong when an ump was closer lets it go.

I think i've said in a previous post somewhere, bad umpiring is fine, as long as its bad for both teams. But when there is one team being umpired on one set of rules, and another team being umpired by a different set of rules, its just wrong.

Didnt effect the result as drastically as it did in the carlton game, but there were still very many shocking decisions. A couple went our way which were even ridiculous, but definitely more went the other way.

It's not that the lions would have definitely won the game had the umpiring been an even field, though the thing im pissed off about is that we just wont know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires on the WBD payroll?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back