Umpires! vs Stkilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry, we had the same treatment last week. Umpires love those Saints

It went everything to Geelong from what I saw...

Stevic was the worst...
That last free kick was a shocker.
I think Saints got the better, But Majority of them were their, They just weren't payed both ways...

the umpires just loving blowing the whistle tonight.
it was like the just had to pay a free kick.
it didnt matter which way it went they just had to do it.

only one way essendon can get the free kicks going there way and that is be first to the footy!

I know supporters of all clubs every week trot out the umpires were against them and a factor in the game but tonight’s game was genuinely one of those instances of pathetic, whistle happy bias umpiring.

It went everything to Geelong from what I saw...

Stevic was the worst...
That last free kick was a shocker.
I think Saints got the better, But Majority of them were their, They just weren't payed both ways...

good post.. and from a hawthorn supporter

i didnt see the geelong match last week, i think the majority of free kicks paid for the saints were there, it was just the ones that werent paid for the bombers...they were very whistle happy, i would love it if they allowed a bit of contact

i was fuming watching ray chamberlain walk off the ground with a big smile on his face. i just wanted to belt him. small syndrome at its best. he doesnt need to worry about his pants size, he'll never be short of a belt or two.

I had issues with the 'Dons attack at the ball and opposition player.. they just didn't seem to make tackles stick.. and I guess that's when the high tackles etc come into play.

Umpiring was nothing out of the ordinary. A few ify decisions here and there but generally they weren't too bad. Essendon just kept giving away stupd free kicks which was the frustating part. They get themselves into a position to win a free with an effective tackle and then proceed to give away a stupid free. The ones they kept giving away out of the centre were ridiculous. Monfries effort in the dying stages was terrible. He should no better then to dive on the pill, curl up into a ball and then lay there without even moving.

I should also say that i am dissapointed that a thread has been made about the umpiring. I had a go at the Doggies supporters last week for the same thing and now us Bombers are doing the same thing. Regardless of the umpiring the Saints were the better team and the young Bombers did well to stay so close for a lot of the game.

Umpiring has been pathetic in every game.

The fact is you need to get your hands on the ball and be in a position were you can earn the free.. except if you dive on the ball. ;)

Saints did that better tonight, got the rub of the green in the last which was basically the difference in the end.

Umpiring was nothing out of the ordinary. A few ify decisions here and there but generally they weren't too bad. Essendon just kept giving away stupd free kicks which was the frustating part. They get themselves into a position to win a free with an effective tackle and then proceed to give away a stupid free. The ones they kept giving away out of the centre were ridiculous. Monfries effort in the dying stages was terrible. He should no better then to dive on the pill, curl up into a ball and then lay there without even moving.

I should also say that i am dissapointed that a thread has been made about the umpiring. I had a go at the Doggies supporters last week for the same thing and now us Bombers are doing the same thing. Regardless of the umpiring the Saints were the better team and the young Bombers did well to stay so close for a lot of the game.

The fact that so many responses to this thread have already been posted shows it is an issue. We played well and could easily have won if it were not for the bad end of some crappy umpiring.

I think us losing by a kick and the doggies by nearly 10 goals is a bit different. Poor umpiring in a close match will always stand out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course the umpiring is bad. It is pre season for them too. They are just warming up to another season of attrocious decision in all games. Good to see their form is right on track. :D

That said, there were undisciplined acts on the part of players. After all, the team was playing against the Sydney Swans model of football. It's non-stop pressure.

The boys played well and my feel is that we lacked some experience in the backline.

On another note, did you know that 20 players come out of contract in 2008?

I had issues with the 'Dons attack at the ball and opposition player.. they just didn't seem to make tackles stick.. and I guess that's when the high tackles etc come into play.

I thought our tackling was very ordinary also bar davey,mcveigh,slattery. Loved Neagle's attack on the pill, thought nearly all of our rookies looked very lost tonight.

The fact that so many responses to this thread have already been posted shows it is an issue. We played well and could easily have won if it were not for the bad end of some crappy umpiring.

I think us losing by a kick and the doggies by nearly 10 goals is a bit different. Poor umpiring in a close match will always stand out.

No it doesn't it shows that we are Essendon supporters. Supporters always complain about the umpiring when the lose a close game regardless of how good or bad the umpiring was.

The fact is Essendon were second to the ball all night and continually gave away stupd free kicks from not being able to effect tackles correctly.

Of course there were a few ify frees given but as i said earlier this is nothiong out of the ordinary.

If you did a poll for neutral supporters only you will find that most would agree that the umpiring did not favor St Kilda at all.

The young Essendon players toiled hard tonight and showed they are not going to be pushovers this year so lets keep the focus on that.

No it doesn't it shows that we are Essendon supporters. Supporters always complain about the umpiring when the lose a close game regardless of how good or bad the umpiring was.

The fact is Essendon were second to the ball all night and continually gave away stupd free kicks from not being able to effect tackles correctly.

Of course there were a few ify frees given but as i said earlier this is nothiong out of the ordinary.

If you did a poll for neutral supporters only you will find that most would agree that the umpiring did not favor St Kilda at all.

The young Essendon players toiled hard tonight and showed they are not going to be pushovers this year so lets keep the focus on that.

I agree we certainly had some undisciplined tackling tonight. However, even the commentators on the TV hinted we got the raw end of some dodgy frees

I agree we certainly had some undisciplined tackling tonight. However, even the commentators on the TV hinted we got the raw end of some dodgy frees

So what?

What does whining about it on BF do?

I can answer that, absolutely sweet **** all, except make those that do it and that club look like a pack of bad losers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires! vs Stkilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back