ninjacat

Debutant
Jun 19, 2009
Bentleigh innit?
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Graham St Prims
Did we get rough treatment by the umpires early on? That's what I seem to recall - the details of the incidents have been forgotten in a blur of fury and disbelief - there was a blatant hands in the back by a Pies forward that was missed - can't remember the others.

Is it possible that we were fighting against more than just Collingwood? Just sayin' - it wouldn't have made the difference, but it could have hurt the players if things looked unfair.

I counted about half a dozen unpaid free kicks for Geelong players in the first quarter; twice, Collingwood scored goals where I believe it ought to have been a Geelong free kick instead.

I don't know how much of a difference it made though. 81 points down is some pretty serious shit.

you're right...there were some howlers...especially the push out on mooney by reid onto maxwell and the nudging under the ball in marking contests... doesn't change the result but adds to the irritation

I thought we were treated very harshly by the umps, they missed plenty and paid a lot of stuff for them without paying the same for us. Put it down to crowd influence I guess, it's hard to ignore 90k people whether they admit it or not.

Having said that, it would've made very little difference. It maybe would've reduced the margin by a few goals, if that. Pies were simply much, much better and deserve all the credit for destroying us.

Couldn't believe that you weren't getting paid frees every time you ducked your head or threw your arms out. Only happened about 50% of the time. That's not fair!

I thought you guys were robbed and if it wasn't for the umpires you would have been playing in your 4th successive GF.

I also thought Mooney was best on ground.

Couldn't believe that you weren't getting paid frees every time you ducked your head or threw your arms out. Only happened about 50% of the time. That's not fair!

What are you two losers doing on the internet right now? You're into a GF...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed early in the game when Mooney was battling hard for the ball on the wing and a Collingwood player landed flush on his back ... no free :rolleyes: Pass me the time machine please.

This is true, the Milburn free kick was one of the worst i have seen in ages.

the umpires were shite

we got a run of cheap frees late

but when the game was in the balance(the 5mins) the pies had all 50 50 decisions

From what i can gather the umps were hell bent on not getting sucked in on ducking, diving and staging tactics tonight. Pies attacked the ball and the cats like ferocious animals. umps seem to see a bit of pussy staging early on
so anything 50/50 was never gonna go geelongs way.
collingwood were unstoppable early on.

I thought you guys were robbed and if it wasn't for the umpires you would have been playing in your 4th successive GF.

I also thought Mooney was best on ground.

Classy.

Least our MVP doesn't bash cleaners at Fed Square.

Swan is on a bit of coin and he still can't pay him off...

Typical Collingwood...

Classy.

Least our MVP doesn't bash cleaners at Fed Square.

Swan is on a bit of coin and he still can't pay him off...

Typical Collingwood...

Do you really want to bring up players off field form?

I can rattle off 3 Geelong players (past and present) that have blood on their hands and probably worse on their minds if you want to go down this path.

we got belted b.y a hungrier opponent
Umps were not an issue.
So do you blame all your life's issues on someone else as well?
I hate C'wood but hey credit where its due they wanted to win we wer flat, uninsipring, waiting for others, and not allowed to flow.
get over it we had a good run.

I think the umpires had an influence on the game for sure. They refused to pay all the holding Collingwood were doing on Geelong and a few forward frees were missed.

Collingwood were just good enough to smash us, go forward and kick every f$%ken goal. Evert time they went forward they snagged one (even clooke and beams) when maybe it could have been Geelong having a shot. And Collingwood were great and, young and hungry good luck to them.

They were ruthless on us, everything went their way, everything, all the bounces, frees, fress that werent and their skills were inspired.

If only we stuck with them at the start. Oh well Im happy and relaxed, we have won 2 and a bit more luck it would have been us playing tomorrow night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back