Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I read there were 9 deliberates? Friday night at Subi can be the freakin' Twilight Zone.

Geisch's wife could serve up roasted dog turd, and the Geisch would still tell her she made the right call and that she'd been in great form lately.

I think it was the Dogs match a player got Donets deliberate when it rolled out of boundshaving liked it 80 meters. Kind of like when Montagna got done for the same thing. Hopeless. They say intent, but what happens if the player intends it to pull up and it is a lack of skill?

The rules need to go back to basics. The head ducking is the worst. Prime example of bringing in something to attempt to protect players from a non-existent risk, and encouraging players to allow their heads to be hit. Now you can suck in and get tackled around the neck. Prior to thur start of these rule changes you saw a meek tackle very rarely. Now it is a practised play.

I think it was the Dogs match a player got Donets deliberate when it rolled out of boundshaving liked it 80 meters. Kind of like when Montagna got done for the same thing. Hopeless. They say intent, but what happens if the player intends it to pull up and it is a lack of skill?

The rules need to go back to basics. The head ducking is the worst. Prime example of bringing in something to attempt to protect players from a non-existent risk, and encouraging players to allow their heads to be hit. Now you can suck in and get tackled around the neck. Prior to thur start of these rule changes you saw a meek tackle very rarely. Now it is a practised play.

I seem to recall Sam Fisher bombing it forward, it bounded sideways and out of bounds. Of course Sam is just so skillfull he can do that shit on purpose. :rolleyes:

I think they are starting to come back to earth on this one. I've heard them say "nah, you ducked" when it previously it was an instant free - like Rioli doing his best impression of a battering ram into a stationary Polo.

My pet hate (aside from inconsistency between weeks and even within games) is not paying a free despite a player getting punched (pretty much bashed) in the head in a marking contest, but then paying a free for incidental contact on a player's shoulder which has no potential to cause injury.

I think they are starting to come back to earth on this one. I've heard them say "nah, you ducked" when it previously it was an instant free - like Rioli doing his best impression of a battering ram into a stationary Polo.

My pet hate (aside from inconsistency between weeks and even within games) is not paying a free despite a player getting punched (pretty much bashed) in the head in a marking contest, but then paying a free for incidental contact on a player's shoulder which has no potential to cause injury.

It just happens continuously and even the media ignore it. Oh lets do a slow motion replay of milne to see if he hit HarryO's arm. Well what about someone thumping Riewoldt and Kosi every bloody time.

Like this missed free kick against Riewoldt when we played Freo earlier in the year that resulted in a two goal turnaround when Freo rebounded and scored a goal.

art-353-mcpharlin-200x0.jpg

Again Gieschen admitted they got it wrong like the Milne one on Harry O, pity it doesn't change the result Jeff you f***wit. That wasn't the only free they missed against us in that game either, McPharlin and Dawson were allowed to infringe against Riewoldt and Kosi all game and then they plucked out soft as butter ones down the other end. The same thing happened against Collingwood.

Yep. The only time a result has EVER been changed due to an umpire mistake was when the AFL took away our points v Freo when the umpire mistakenly did not end the match despite the AFL's representative signing off on the result post match. But then again that mistake was not in support of the AFL Expansion plan and therefor the executives bonuses, so needed to be fixed. Cannot remember if that cost us finals or not.

Enough ****ing appologies and so affirmative action please.

It is seriously getting to the point that I am considering turning off AFL and turning on VFL and WAFL.

Yep. The only time a result has EVER been changed due to an umpire mistake was when the AFL took away our points v Freo when the umpire mistakenly did not end the match despite the AFL's representative signing off on the result post match. But then again that mistake was not in support of the AFL Expansion plan and therefor the executives bonuses, so needed to be fixed. Cannot remember if that cost us finals or not.

Enough ******* appologies and so affirmative action please.

It is seriously getting to the point that I am considering turning off AFL and turning on VFL and WAFL.

I believe there have been 3 cases of a score reversed after a match has completed, and no we won the first appeal (vs Melb at the turn of last century for our first win ever) and the Sirengate in which the review went against us. (the second being 1980 GF where supposedly the siren went and North kicked a goal to win without a challenge from Collingwood)

Mind you these were only where the score was registered and later retracted, as opposed to what happened with us where a score would have been registered but the players pulled up so as not to give away 50m. Chances are if play had of continued and Armo took the advantage to goal to draw, no other score was registered and it was removed due to the infringement the Saints could have then argued that the draw stood due to the admission of an incorrect free that canceled the score. Since it did not you end p with what happened, admittance of a mistake and no change to the points distribution. It's a very fine line.

Like this missed free kick against Riewoldt when we played Freo earlier in the year that resulted in a two goal turnaround when Freo rebounded and scored a goal.

art-353-mcpharlin-200x0.jpg

Again Gieschen admitted they got it wrong like the Milne one on Harry O, pity it doesn't change the result Jeff you f***wit. That wasn't the only free they missed against us in that game either, McPharlin and Dawson were allowed to infringe against Riewoldt and Kosi all game and then they plucked out soft as butter ones down the other end. The same thing happened against Collingwood.

That one made me sick at the time, and there's a little bit of vomit in my mouth right now looking at that picture.

That was blatant cheating - the umpires cannot say that they did not see what was a round-arm hack (even if he didn't make contact with his chin/throat it was a free!!!) - I don't know about the Harry OMFG one (as, from what I can gather, Marghetts is _ucking hopeless, particularly in a high pressure contest).

Freo should be out of the finals race.

Although the gifting of the Port game still rattles me. And the fact they put up ridiculously obvious ones on "It's Your Call" instead of the non-mark to Milne was disgraceful - or even the concocted high free to Ebert at a less critical stage of the game - they couldn't even acknowledge that they _ucked up!!! 32 frees and 4 50m penalties to Port was not even close to being representative of how the Saints played the game.

Yeah the Port and Freo games were both disgracefully umpired and bordering on outright cheating they were so biased, we were robbed of two wins which could well end up costing us a chance of playing finals. Had we won those two games we would be sitting on 48 points and only needing to win against GWS to guarantee a finals spot, instead of now needing to win our last 3 games and hoping other results go our way.

The port game was corruption of the highest order. I am looking to make a video at seasons end highlighting the corruption that is keeping us out of finals this year. RAGE IS MOTIVATING ME.

cant remember a year i have been so bitter towards umpiring.

They have single handedly kept us down this year.

The port game was corruption of the highest order. I am looking to make a video at seasons end highlighting the corruption that is keeping us out of finals this year. RAGE IS MOTIVATING ME.

It would be good to make a blow-by-blow summary on video of all the BLATANT, unequivocal, indefensible dodgy decisions against us - ones that almost all supporters could look at and admit were bad.

DON'T DO IT.....you will owe me a new 64" plasma after the carlton cold stubbies smash my ****ing telly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back