Umpiring moves

Remove this Banner Ad

If that was "dissing" then I absolutely assassinated his character on Wednesday evening as we shared snags and tales after training... ;)

He responded by digging up a photo from the mid-90s on his phone of an absolutely meteoric centre bounce :D

Good to see you back.

I found a video on YouTube this morning of me umpiring the 2000 D4 grand final....eeek

If that was "dissing" then I absolutely assassinated his character on Wednesday evening as we shared snags and tales after training... ;)

He responded by digging up a photo from the mid-90s on his phone of an absolutely meteoric centre bounce :D

Sounds a bit like the calicos might be making a reappearance after a loooong absence.

Did the great McCarthy honour you with his presence?

Unfortunately couldn't make it, I was at Beauy and running late for another function. Great occasion for a great umpire and bloke.
Sadly, the big little man has decided to hang up the sticks, one can't blame him but suspect he will in fact, at some point, hit the 1,000 game mark, it's too close. Many thanks from the VAFA people Mr Segota on a brilliant career.

Sadly, the big little man has decided to hang up the sticks, one can't blame him but suspect he will in fact, at some point, hit the 1,000 game mark, it's too close. Many thanks from the VAFA people Mr Segota on a brilliant career.

Retiring for family reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear you've got the plague, pazza . Cheer yourself up with the news that, much to my astonishment, I have been lucky enough to slip back into Premier A this weekend. Lets hope I justify the faith shown and can stay there.

Chillie was my partner for my first A Section game, at Old Scotch many years ago. Happy memories.

Sorry to hear you've got the plague, pazza . Cheer yourself up with the news that, much to my astonishment, I have been lucky enough to slip back into Premier A this weekend. Lets hope I justify the faith shown and can stay there.

Chillie was my partner for my first A Section game, at Old Scotch many years ago. Happy memories.

And I am passed fit.

Might pop along to Daley with a former AFL goal ump mate and publish the assessment.:D :p

Decision making
Correctly judged all scoring & non scoring decisions
Bonus points for difficult decisions

Positioning skills
Correct astride the line.
Correct behind line or under flight of ball
Reads game well & responds quickly to change of play

Other skills
Displays excellent speed and agility
Flag waving style
Signals in proper order from correct position
Recording scores according to instructions

Communication & cooperation
Assists correctly with field & boundary umpires
Responds to appropriate reporting of players

Quality assessment of goal umpire

Last edited:
Should not get the same field ump 2 weeks in a row, especially after a dodgy report .
1. As Max suggested the report was a travesty.

2. To allow the umpire who stuffed up to change the report so radically was an affront.

3. For the tribunal to impose such a penalty, under those circumstances, was a gross injustice to the player.

4. To appoint the offending umpire immediately to another game involving the same club in those circumstances seems like a middle finger to the club. Doubt it would have occurred under the seasoned leadership of Tony Hales or Peter Marshall.

5. Not allowing an appeal was an abuse of procedural fairness.

There, I've said it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back