Roast Umps

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloydy was on SEN this morning whinging about the umpire blocking Zahahahahahahaharakis and the Fat Neagle goal. Seriously baffles me as to how any Essendon supporter can whinge about the umpiring last night.
For the good of the game, they should be complaining as loud as anyone. The game is virtually unwatchable. Constant interference by over-officious school teachers is detrimental to the sport, and is far far worse for the umpiring fraternity than any abuse or criticism they receive.

It is ruining the game.

Lloydy was on SEN this morning whinging about the umpire blocking Zahahahahahahaharakis and the Fat Neagle goal. Seriously baffles me as to how any Essendon supporter can whinge about the umpiring last night.

Don't mind him making points about the umpiring including the Neagle issue, but if he didn't mention the Waite goal that wasn't paid ...

Lloydie does struggle to not be passionate about the Bombers, was the only commentator really talking them up at the start of the year.

For the good of the game, they should be complaining as loud as anyone. The game is virtually unwatchable. Constant interference by over-officious school teachers is detrimental to the sport, and is far far worse for the umpiring fraternity than any abuse or criticism they receive.

It is ruining the game.

I'm starting to think you are Robert walls. :rolleyes:

It's called the Lloyd-Rule.

dive.jpg

But... they don't have the guts to enforce it. Monfries, Alwyn Davey, and Didak are serial offenders.

:)

Had lunch with my Essendon supporting uncle on Thursday and as we parted I said, 'Watch the umpiring, particularly in the first half. They'll gift Essendon goals, interpret anything soft the Bombers' way and pile on the 50's.

Sure enough, first Essendon goal off a free within the first minute of play and off it went from there.

Bower's punch away that was misinterpreted and given a free in front of goals was outrageous.

The missed Waite goal was totally insane and the turnaround that was caused by it equally ridiculous.

I could go on and on.

Bring on the video umpire - if it even contributes 5% toward keeping those maggots honest, I'm all for it.

Kudos to that one warped Neagle decision in our favour by the cute goal umpire who smiles almost imperceptibly every time Carlton scores. Thanks, whatever your name is...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been reamed by the maggots in green quite a few times this year, but they always save their "best" for the Carlton v Essendon games. As someone posted earlier this stretches back to divers and fakers like Bewick, Mercuri, Misiti in the 80s and more recently Lloyd, Monfries and Davey. Impossible to tackle these scum without coughing up a free kick. I really hate those Bombers.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Umps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back