Unconfirmed Rumour: Ablett out of game v Collingwoood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ ie Collingwood won't be?

I think we will be, our outs are all pretty much omissions now. Although I'd say that Dick is probably a better option than Davis on form but I think he might still be a bit underdone from the injury for a game in the seniors. Davis wouldn't want to put in a mediocre game tonight though. Presti is stiff to miss, but I guess we've got to look to the future with Reid and Brown.

Nah, Pies are missing Medhurst from their best 22.

Geelong will be missing Ottens, Corey and Rooke.

Shit how could I forget Medders! So many players who could come into the side. I'm not used to the Pies having this kind of depth across the board. Not sure who misses for Medders now that Anthony has been dropped.

I can't recall a big game we have played in, in the last 4 years, where they hasn't been a message to SEN saying Ablett/Chapman/Bartel are out. I also can't recall an instance where it was true.

Chapman 2008 vs Collingwood was a late change out.

It starts around now, I've even heard Chapman might be out tonight as well.

I'm sure it's crap.

I want both he AND Ablett playing. No excuses.

I like the excuses, they smack of desperation. At least if Collingwood lose tonight we can just say "wow, aren't Geelong a good team" and move on. They'll have their heads spinning like the exorcist if we pull it off though.

I like the excuses, they smack of desperation. At least if Collingwood lose tonight we can just say "wow, aren't Geelong a good team" and move on. They'll have their heads spinning like the exorcist if we pull it off though.
How over the top are Collingwood fans about this game??
To us it means nothing more than a normal H&A game. IF we lose, we lose no biggie. If we pump you doggy, fantastic, enjoying to watch. But this excuses, escuses thing is complete BS.
If it were finals, it would mean something. Tonight not so much. I would've thought Collingwood fans would've learned that the important matches arent in May by now.....

gb:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know someone will quickly find something - but I struggle to remember a time over the last few years when Geelong officals have used injuries as an excuse, I exepct no different tonight no matter who the personel are playing.

na mate no excuses from our end, we aren't treating this game like our lives depend on it, like every Collingwood fan you see on BF and hear on radio

To us it means nothing more than a normal H&A game. IF we lose, we lose no biggie. If we pump you doggy, fantastic, enjoying to watch. But this excuses, escuses thing is complete BS.
If it were finals, it would mean something. Tonight not so much. I would've thought Collingwood fans would've learned that the important matches arent in May by now.....

Pfft.. Greg, you try and play it cool with posts like this.. but I hear some Geelong supports care so little about tonight's result, they will actually barrack for Collingwood tonight.. They are so much cooler than you! :cool:

Pfft.. Greg, you try and play it cool with posts like this.. but I hear some Geelong supports care so little about tonight's result, they will actually barrack for Collingwood tonight.. They are so much cooler than you! :cool:
Not trying to act cool, just the reality of the situation. We're used to playing in bigger games like this. case in point - St. Kilda r13 beat us - everyone jacks off over them, we go on to beat them in the GF.

I think by the same token (that Collingwood fans are fired up for the clash), Geelong supporters, team, football department are taking the opposite extreme a little too far.

In 2007, they smacked everyone from round 5 onwards and won the flag convincingly against some also rans.
In 2008, they smacked everyone all season, but then lost to a form side who peaked at the right time.
In 2009 AND 2010 they appear to have taken the attitude that its all about peaking at the right time, and it worked for them in 2009. But they didn't exactly dominate their opponent, and certainly looked shakey in the late stages of the H&A season when injuries hit.
By all means, they may have hit on the magic formula, and may cruise to the GF again...but they need to be treating big games in a similar manner to their opponents.

This whole "we've done all this before" attitude is fine, but can appear pretty damn arrogant. The Lions used to nail up-and-comers in H&A almost as a pointer to who is the best. This needs to remain Geelong's approach in my opinion, because 2008 showed Hawthorn that whilst they didn't take the points in the round 17 clash, they could match it with them, and if they tweaked a bit, perhaps win. They did.

Treating Collingwood too casually (and in my opinion disrespecting the clash..."this doesn't mean much") is a good way to fire the form side up (Collingwood). There's a fair bit of footy to go before finals, but stamping your authority could be worth it's weight in gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back