Other Teams
Liverpool
post your thoughts on matches played and who played well

Greensie vs Research

greensie won easily B.O.G 13 greensie

Greensie vs Research

I would hardly say easily, Greensy won but research had some of their best players out.

got to c Mont v Diamo
pretty close in an hard game for 3 quarters probably could hav gone anyway
and in the last mont found another gear to kick 8 goals to 1
the game although didnt end to well wit a all in brawl as diamo seemed to lose there heads due to be in in unfamilar ground
i think mont could b a contender this year if they manage to keep their heads on straight

Greensie vs Research

Greensy didn't beat Research easily, 17 points is comfortable but not easy. Research were without 3 of there top 4 players. I suspect the searchers will go under the radar and finish the year off strong with a full side. Starting with eltham this weekend.

Whittlesea v Mont
scrappy game where no team took charge
the game was up for grabs for the full 4 quarters wit mont in the end gettin on top to win by 4 goals

Research accounted for Eltham. Resarch kicked 8 unanswered goals in the 2nd quarter and this made the differnce, a good fight back from Eltham in the last quarter but despite only having 2 fit players on the bench in the last quarter Research held on.

Mont v Mill park
mont won easy on top all day goal kickin let them down however
should of won by another 10 goals on top of wat they got up by

big game this week against the boro... good chance to c where each side is at!

any thoughts on the new balls they are using in the NFl?... seems to b a lot of missed time kicks n dropped marks in the games ive seen

Reseaerch v Whittelsea- Research won comfortably by 30 points. Missed alot of oppurtunities infront of goal.Should of won by a bit more. Big game aganist Mill Park for them this week. A few players will be coming back for the searchers over the next month or so, if they get there full side up and running they will be an outside chance come finals.

Research Vs Mill Park. Research again lost another tall key player during the week. Won by 3 points after leading by 33 half way threw the 3rd quarter.

Heard something on Neil Mitchell this morning about a brawl between Epping and Lalor footy clubs that happened on Sunday- anyone know anything about it?
Apparently one 16yo player may require plastic surgery.[

there is a story in 2 day hearld sun epping runner been given 5 year ban 4 a kinghit from behind

You will find that there is a lot more to it. The player admitted to hitting the runner 3 or 4 times first to the back of his head. The runner who was protecting the umpire and his players retaliated once. He never "king hit" a player. This is why he was banned from a role as an official for 5 years.

All was flamed due to alcohol being served at the club on a junior day. This is against the NFL rules.

Lalor spectators were heard saying "lets get them" at the end of the game. They ran on the field in huge numbers with bottles and weapons.

Now Lalor supporters are threatening the lives of the runner, committee and players as well as destroying the Epping club.

Who do you think incited the "brawl"??

Who was suspended as a club a few years ago for such behaviour??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will find that there is a lot more to it. The player admitted to hitting the runner 3 or 4 times first to the back of his head. The runner who was protecting the umpire and his players retaliated once. He never "king hit" a player. This is why he was banned from a role as an official for 5 years.

All was flamed due to alcohol being served at the club on a junior day. This is against the NFL rules.

Lalor spectators were heard saying "lets get them" at the end of the game. They ran on the field in huge numbers with bottles and weapons.

Now Lalor supporters are threatening the lives of the runner, committee and players as well as destroying the Epping club.

I think you have been ill informed. The umpire who made the report has stated that it was in fact Epping who were the instigaters.
Anyway the tribunal has dealt with the matter as best they could and let's get on with the footy rather than continue on with crap about who did this and who is responsible. Kid's stuff

I think you have been ill informed. The umpire who made the report has stated that it was in fact Epping who were the instigaters.
Anyway the tribunal has dealt with the matter as best they could and let's get on with the footy rather than continue on with crap about who did this and who is responsible. Kid's stuff

a runner hitting a player is kid's stuff is it?

Sorry Tiger, the action is not's kids stuff just the who did this ,who had bottles etc.
Anybody doing things like this at junior footy or any sport at all deserves everything they cop

you are right that the nfl have to stamp this out quickly and glad that they took action pretty swiftly.do not need this sort of thing in the league at any level,but especially in juniors

Hey boys,

I was there and saw the whole incident, what a discrase, how does a bloke in his 40's KING HIT a 16 year old kid and only get 5 years. There was no bottles on the ground and as was said earlier the umpire was not hit at all. I cant believe he pleaded not guilty to the charge. The kid will be scared for life. What if it was your son who was hit?
Lets think about it, this bloke will be allowed to furfill a role in 5 years time. What's five years?
I am discusted.

Hey boys,

I was there and saw the whole incident, what a discrase, how does a bloke in his 40's KING HIT a 16 year old kid and only get 5 years. There was no bottles on the ground and as was said earlier the umpire was not hit at all. I cant believe he pleaded not guilty to the charge. The kid will be scared for life. What if it was your son who was hit?
Lets think about it, this bloke will be allowed to furfill a role in 5 years time. What's five years?
I am discusted.

C'mon reporter i thought a person of your intellect would know how to spell disgusted & disgrace

I want a five year band. Not much of a muso though...

Seriously though, we aren't going to figure out what happened on here because just like the people I speak to everyone has contradicting stories. Obviously reputable witnesses would have been called to the tribunal hearing and the NFL have obviously deemed that the case was indeed self defence and therefore a life ban was not necessary. Im not condoning what he has done, im just saying that there is more to every story.

yes unfortunately some people and clubs dont change no matter what.
(new) nfl = (old) dvfl
how many special reports have there been this season? more than last year so far?

I did the running last year and this year for the an under 17's side. I was told at the start of the year if there is any trouble on the field i.e. a fight, i was NOT to go anywhere the altercation and to get of the ground straight away. Self defence is no defence at all when the runner should not of been there in the first place.

Reporter - remember the rule "i" before "e" except after "c". So it is receive not recieve.

That's right Saj, no runner is to be near any of the players when a fight breaks out and it wasn't an act of self defence. As I said in my earlier posts I saw the whole incident and am in line to comment of the incident as one of my players was seriously injured. END OF STATEMENT!!!

fellas,
get over the losers who were involved in the punch up, thats wat they want is to be talked about
lets get back to the reason y this thread was open, to talk about the exciting games that happen in the under 17's (LIKE WHO WON and WHO PLAYED WELL, not who punched who)
there is some big games in the blue division this week some teams need a win desperately if there to keep their season going.
any thoughts on how the you team is travelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back