Under 18's teams in 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few very big games this week
the waubra buninyong game is a big match for both sides because if buninyong are aiming for third they need to win and if Waubra lose it gets rid of any chance they have of making finals

Bungaree Hepburn is a huge match because the winner will most likely end up top of the ladder and therefore not play a match in first week of finals

Learmonth Creswick is also a huge match because u would think only 1 of these 2 sides can make finals and if Learmonth win it would put them 8 points ahead of creswick which would be very hard to make up, but if creswick wins it puts them on equal points and the finals race is still well open

Good round coming ahead!
Although unfortunately we'll be going into this upcoming game without our best tagger (Nichols). Would have been very handy on Knights :thumbsu:

Personally i reckon Buninyong will win by 20 plus. Their midfield is too strong for Waubra. But i want Waubra to win, despite being critical of them over the last few rounds.
Creswick and Learmonth is very hard to call. When we played Learmonth they were average (And Brazell acknowledges that to), but since then have improved quite nicely and are looming a massive threat to top sides. That said Creswick are pretty good also and should go down to the line. Learmonth by 10. Aston to kick 5, Lockyer best on follwed by Jimmy Mayal

Thoughts?

arguably the best round of the year to date.

here are my thoughts matho 44

bungaree vs hepburn.
from seeing both these sides in action first hand this year it is quite clear to me that hepburn dont have the depth that bungaree do.
knights and cimera seem to carry that side with off the back of some good ruck work #9 (not sure of his name)
and with bungaree there are no obvious gaps. (2nd best attack and easily the best defence)
maher, locandro, jackson (who i cant find a match up for, maybe hughes?? but cant see him playing there all day.) along with ashley matheson who has added another tall option to the bungaree forwardline.
a good battle knights and maher if they match up.
bungaree by 24points

waubra vs bunninyong
an interesting game with two of the biggest improvers of 2008.
i think this battle will be won in the midfield which is often the case. whoever can get on top in this battle should take the points.
who to get the forward davies if he plays is the big question? (is he back bomber boys)
helps waubra the match being played there as they are still yet to be undone at their home ground. with that said waubra by 8 points in a thriller.

learmonth vs creswick.
now the home ground a definate factor in this match. with the wide open spaces being the complete opposite to the small confines of the creswick ground.
i think a close game for 3 quarters then learmonth to sneak away in the last on a big effort off chris bond to be the difference in the ruck. i think he might just work over the bigfella from creswick with his hardness.
cant see a match up for aston. (big ground again, cant plug all the spaces)
and looking forward to seeing a mayall-lockyer battle as matho has stated.
learmonth by 15 points.

bungaree vs hepburn.
from seeing both these sides in action first hand this year it is quite clear to me that hepburn dont have the depth that bungaree do.
knights and cimera seem to carry that side with off the back of some good ruck work #9 (not sure of his name)
and with bungaree there are no obvious gaps. (2nd best attack and easily the best defence)
maher, locandro, jackson (who i cant find a match up for, maybe hughes?? but cant see him playing there all day.) along with ashley matheson who has added another tall option to the bungaree forwardline.
bungaree by 24points

waubra vs bunninyong
i think this battle will be won in the midfield which is often the case. whoever can get on top in this battle should take the points.
who to get the forward davies if he plays is the big question? (is he back bomber boys)
helps waubra the match being played there as they are still yet to be undone at their home ground. with that said waubra by 8 points in a thriller.

learmonth vs creswick.
now the home ground a definate factor in this match. with the wide open spaces being the complete opposite to the small confines of the creswick ground.
i think a close game for 3 quarters then learmonth to sneak away in the last on a big effort off chris bond to be the difference in the ruck. i think he might just work over the bigfella from creswick with his hardness.
learmonth by 15 points.

yea davies will be playing this week big job for waubra to stop him do you know who there full back will be playing on him anyone know?? this week will also see the return for rigby coming back from overseas young gun to watch playing really well off the half back flank first year player and shane brundell and also zac graham plays on the wing smart player so we have a few ins for this week. who knows turner could also come into our team from the seniors

yea davies will be playing this week big job for waubra to stop him do you know who there full back will be playing on him anyone know?? this week will also see the return for rigby coming back from overseas young gun to watch playing really well off the half back flank first year player and shane brundell and also zac graham plays on the wing smart player so we have a few ins for this week. who knows turner could also come into our team from the seniors

wat do u think the chances of that happening r
and u obviously feel confident use will beat waubra easily

great post shooter
im sure all teams will be very keen for this weekends match
just one question, you noted you had seen us and hepburn play. who do you play for?

bungaree vs hepburn.
bungaree by 24points

waubra vs bunninyong

learmonth vs creswick.
learmonth by 15 points.
We have a squad of 18 players, there is usually an injury every week and one of our players is at his mum's for a few weeks. I think there must be some kind of depth in our squad to be where we are this season. but great post:thumbsu:

We have a squad of 18 players, there is usually an injury every week and one of our players is at his mum's for a few weeks. I think there must be some kind of depth in our squad to be where we are this season. but great post:thumbsu:

my question of depth is the fact that from the game i saw of hepburn play
both knight and cimera played on the ball most of the day. i cant remember a time they got a break. i dont disagree that i wouldnt do the same if i was coach, but surely they cant be going at the same rate as they do in the 1st quarter.
and wouldnt be surprised if bungaree rotate very heavily through the midfield to possibly gain an advantage in this area.

my point being that the bungaree midfield have alot more rotational options. just in my opinion.

That being said. can anyone confirm if joel mahar is playing 18s or not for bunga??
named in the 1s this week.
there is an out that definatly will affect the margin if not the victor.

my question of depth is the fact that from the game i saw of hepburn play
both knight and cimera played on the ball most of the day. i cant remember a time they got a break. i dont disagree that i wouldnt do the same if i was coach, but surely they cant be going at the same rate as they do in the 1st quarter.
and wouldnt be surprised if bungaree rotate very heavily through the midfield to possibly gain an advantage in this area.

my point being that the bungaree midfield have alot more rotational options. just in my opinion.

That being said. can anyone confirm if joel mahar is playing 18s or not for bunga??
named in the 1s this week.
there is an out that definatly will affect the margin if not the victor.

Yeah? Well i confirm that after talking with Joel he definetly doesn't want to play ones and is committed to th 18s. unless he has shafted me :eek:
It could also be a mix up of mahars, considering that his older brother plays ones

after reading the paper it said joel mahar.
so unless he has a brother named joel also...:rolleyes:
he may play both??

i would expect joel mahar to play in the 18s also.

with or without joel mahar my tip doesnt change. bungaree still to get up.

haha he better bloody play a full game of 18s

Anyway tips for this round

Waubra vs Buninyong - As i have stated before, personally reckon Bunnies midfield will be to strong for Waubra, but i want Waubra to win :eek:. Bunnies by 20
Learmonth vs Creswick - Big game for both sides. Cant really see anyone shutting down Aston (Maybe Knights, but that leaves them down a tall forward). Learmonth by 20
Springbank vs Beaufort - Not much to say here other than Beaufort should win, by around 50
Gordon vs Clunes - This could get extremely ugly. Gordon by a massive amount
Daylesford vs Ballan - This is actually hard to tip. Doggies by 5 points
Newlyn vs Dunnstown - Dunnstown will just have the edge, but the Cats will rate themselves as a real chance. Towners by 20 points. Patt Britt best on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha he better bloody play a full game of 18s

Anyway tips for this round

Waubra vs Buninyong - As i have stated before, personally reckon Bunnies midfield will be to strong for Waubra, but i want Waubra to win :eek:. Bunnies by 20
Learmonth vs Creswick - Big game for both sides. Cant really see anyone shutting down Aston (Maybe Knights, but that leaves them down a tall forward). Learmonth by 20
Springbank vs Beaufort - Not much to say here other than Beaufort should win, by around 50
Gordon vs Clunes - This could get extremely ugly. Gordon by a massive amount
Daylesford vs Ballan - This is actually hard to tip. Doggies by 5 points
Newlyn vs Dunnstown - Dunnstown will just have the edge, but the Cats will rate themselves as a real chance. Towners by 20 points. Patt Britt best on

For the last couple of games patty has been playing forward and occasionally in2 middle
Dont no about Aston he is pretty lazy so if he dosent mark the ball he wont put in a second effort

For the last couple of games patty has been playing forward and occasionally in2 middle
Dont no about Aston he is pretty lazy so if he dosent mark the ball he wont put in a second effort

yeah dont worry about a bloke who is getting good supply from mayall and co and kicked a LAZY 15 last weekend. dont mind the opposition, 15 is still a nice haul. not to mention he is 3rd in overall goals and looking like a big threat to take out the leading goal kicker.

Waubra vs Buninyong - Should be a ripping match but yet to see buninyong in action. waubra are definatly the big improvers of 08 but have faced a stiff draw and the losses to creswick and learmonth almost have them ruled out of finals contention; unless they can win every game home which includes buninyong, bungaree and gordon to come. they got a lot closer to hepburn last week than most expected and are every chance going into this game however buninyong have a much classier midfield which i expect to be the difference. Buninyong by 13 points
Learmonth vs Creswick - widely touted as the battle for 5th spot however learmonth's run home includes buninyong, waubra, hepburn and bungaree and regardless of this result it is unlikely they'll make the 5. creswick will sense the opportunity to cement a finals birth and bring home a 28 point victory
Springbank vs Beaufort - beaufort, easily
Gordon vs Clunes - gordon by more than hallam kicked last week
Daylesford vs Ballan - who cares really but daylesford by 3 points
Newlyn vs Dunnstown -should be a good tussle buty pat britt to be the difference and an 8 point win for dunnstown
Hepburn vs Bungaree-match of the year, which could yet be outdone by several other clashes over the next couple months. Bungaree has done things relatively easy this year with no side getting within 5 goals. Hepburn and Buninyong back to back are sure to shake this up. Hepburn has also coasted after their horror first quarter to start the year but have looked better when on song, but far less consistent giving a few teams sniffs and it coming down to the last quarter.
As quoted by shooter i think bungaree's depth is superior to hepburn's and although bungaree may struggle with their quick forwards should be able to kick a big enough score to see them across the line, just. Bungaree by 4 points

yeah dont worry about a bloke who is getting good supply from mayall and co and kicked a LAZY 15 last weekend. dont mind the opposition, 15 is still a nice haul. not to mention he is 3rd in overall goals and looking like a big threat to take out the leading goal kicker.

learmonth has a horror draw so aston looks unlikely, gordon also have a shocker so next two weeks hallam needs to kick 20 + to have any chance you'd think.
how the three go in the big games will go a long way in deciding the winner of the goalkicking
hallam will need to be 10 clear after round 13 to be a chance i suspect

If Murphy continues 2 play 4ward he has the goalkicking in the bag
Now every1 is saying that hepburn bungaree will b a close game but personally i would pick Bungaree by about 40 points. They are superior all over the ground and if they can stop cimera and knights they will have a comfortable victory.

Learmonth vs Creswick - widely touted as the battle for 5th spot however learmonth's run home includes buninyong, waubra, hepburn and bungaree and regardless of this result it is unlikely they'll make the 5. creswick will sense the opportunity to cement a finals birth and bring home a 28 point victory

bungareepremiers.
what about if learmonth win???
that gives them an 8 point difference.
you look at the draws. creswick have to take on gordon.
that means if learmonth was to win tomorrow, and beat one of the sides you mention. only one mind you, and both win all their other games it would come down to percentage. which at this time learmonth have a huge advantage in 250% to 131%
but if creswick win. september(or late august as it is) is in their own hands.

couple of interesting facts
1. both 4th and 5th last year had 12 wins 5 losses.(beaufort/gordon)70% win ratio.

if this plays out with learmonth winning tomorrow you could miss out with such a record. such is a competition with 14 sides into 5 finals sides.

2. last year in the bfl you made finals if you had a win loss record of 10 and 8. 55% win ratio (10 into 6)
just some food for thought

shooter off for another kill.:thumbsu:

bungareepremiers.
what about if learmonth win???
that gives them an 8 point difference.
you look at the draws. creswick have to take on gordon.
that means if learmonth was to win tomorrow, and beat one of the sides you mention. only one mind you, and both win all their other games it would come down to percentage. which at this time learmonth have a huge advantage in 250% to 131%
but if creswick win. september(or late august as it is) is in their own hands.

couple of interesting facts
1. both 4th and 5th last year had 12 wins 5 losses.(beaufort/gordon)70% win ratio.

if this plays out with learmonth winning tomorrow you could miss out with such a record. such is a competition with 14 sides into 5 finals sides.

2. last year in the bfl you made finals if you had a win loss record of 10 and 8. 55% win ratio (10 into 6)
just some food for thought

shooter off for another kill.:thumbsu:

lovely as that stat is it just shows a top 6 in a ten side competition is a joke. the 5th and 6th sides in the bfl usually get thumped anyway so 'finals' is more like an everbody wins prize at the end.
at least with a final 5 in a 14 side comp every side in there deserves thier place thats all im saying.
learmonth will have to pull off a upset over one of the top 4 sides to make it and last night couldnt see it happening.
hepburn today proved to be the worst undefeated side after 10 rounds the comp has seen and learmonth are every chance next week.
heres to hoping

bunga have to be the favourites to win the flag there going for 4 in a row they wont let that down i dont reckon!

we played like a dogs ass hole out there.. absoloutly crap.. didnt help we had a coach problem as well..

im still confident well beat hepburn next week so not too worried about the loss cos i no how good we can play..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back