• Thread starter parkz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

P

parkz

what uniform do you hate?
could be because of the colour the design anything
well i'd have to say the bombers uniform it's just a red line on a black shirt no design in it

parkz-if you hate the Bombers guernsey so much why didn't you say that you hate Richmond's as well because it's the same as Essendon's except that the sash is yellow.

I hate West Coast's guernsey from this year because it looked more like Adelaide's they changed the colours a bit and it was just weird.

I love our jumper. That was why I started barracking for the Bombers when I was about 5. I like the colous. Dark and intimidating.

Melbourne also has a great jumper. Carlton have a traditional, intimidating, dark navy blue jumper. Simple and effective.

This years West Coast jumper sucks. Hawthorns jumper (colours) isn't exactly a fashion statement

i go for essendon but i just don't like the design and yeah i don't like richmond's as well. should have a tiger on it .i also don't like hawthorn's colours and west coasts away uniform.
and by the way i know plenty about afl..............................

I'm with Eagle_Fan and jod23 here, I loved our old uniform, but I guess they had to change it to keep up with the kids (they are the ones that keep making the jumpers and merchandise being sold out)

The other jumper I just cant stand is the Fremantle one. Fancy having purple and green in an AFL clubs jumper. Thats more like what the Wiggles would wear, dont you think?

I actually don't mind the Dockers original design -the one with the big white anchor and the purple green and red around it- It was distinctive, and easy reproducable (both really vital properties, ours is neither). As for the colours, at least they chose something original. Surely people once asked who would put brown in a footy jumper? Or why maroon and yellow together?

But one thing is clear, we need to return to last years design.

*I've pointed this out to heaps of Eagle-people before, but there is an example of a club changing their jumper for just one year. In 1935 Footscray changed from horizontal to vertical stripes (looked shocking). There was such criticism and outcry among the fans, that they mysteriously went back to the horizontal hoops in 1936. Maybe it's not too late for us?
wink.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes i would have to agree with the eagle fans on this forum so far.The eagles have lost the intimidation over the oppisition
with the away jumpers .I want the old jumpers
back although i must admit the new eagle
head symbol is more appealing.
o yes the kangaroos jumper design is a bit boring looks like it was designed by a computer.ho hum.

I always tell other Tiger supporters that Richmond's Ansett Cup guernsey looks fantastic ... better than the traditional one. I haven't met another Tiger supporter who agrees with me yet. Go figure?

I like the Eagles away strip with the Ochre blending into gold on blue, and Brisbane's looks alright too.

For simple elegance Carlton scum and Melbourne's are hard to beat. I hate Port too but their home jumper also looks fairly smart.

Hawthorn has the worst, while Fremantle's away strip is just terrible.

Geelong looks like the Hamburgler from McDonalds while Collingwood look like bar-codes.

'Which is the worst jumper' is code for Hawthorn bashing. What do you want them to do ? Change them for something more acceptable ? Carry out some market research and end up with something Black or Dark blue like all the others ?

By the way when Hawthorn joined the old VFA they had to change from blue and white because they clashed with Williamstown.

Actually the Hawk mascot has brown and Gold Plumage, and brown and gold represent the hawthorn bushes and the house colours around Hawthorn.

On other clubs. The Bulldogs new jumper is the best version of their jumper, whereas the docker away is a shocker.

Drakey shouldn't that be the Fruit Loops ?
wink.gif

Best jumpers

Essendon - strong, traditional, the sash is unique

Richmond - same, probably looks better

Carlton - this clubs' one single redeeming feature

Sydney - I'm biased, would like the old all white jumper back though.

Geelong - Hoops look good

Saint Kilda - My favourite footy strip in the whole wide world.

Worst jumpers

The new WCE away jumper - somebody threw up on a Fitzroy jumper

The Dockers - Home or away, they are both terrible

Port Adelaide - yuk, bring back the traditional Port 'picket fence' design please ?

Hawthorn - (sorry) its just Poo and Piss really isn't it ?

keep in mind that when you are rating jumpers, essendon has to be high on the list as there's is the ONLY one that has never been changed in VFL/AFL history - the last change to the essendon design was back in the 1880s.

No other team, not carlton, not collingwwod, not richmond, not ANYONE can boast this fact except for essendon. The design is great - and it's here to stay.

**roll on saturday...**

After reading through all the posting here, I noticed that everyone must think that Collingwoods gurensey is neutral since no-one said they hated it or liked it!! (Apart from TigerTank who thinks it looks like a Bar Code.)

Personally, I dont really care what they look like , BUT, it would be good if some of them didn't look the same, ie Collingwood and North!

Speaking of uniforms, an ugly rumor going around that I heard from a Fitzroy friend, who read it on some bulletin board is that North may be aligning with Coburg-Fitzroy next year in the VFL and may be wearing the old FFC jumper next year as an alternative strip.

Probably bullsh*t, but if it is true what a load of F*&^% crap. I'm totally opposed to this. What do we need Fitzroy for? They're dead and buried. North have gotta move forward, not backward.

There be rioting at Arden Street over this, if it happens! They'll also be kissing my membership goodbye if it is true.

What do other North supporters think?

Surely the AFL wouldn't let it happen, as this would be undermining Brisbane's merger efforts in Victoria. Coburg is using Fitzroy's name and colours in an effort to attract new supporters and sponsors to the club which is in trouble finacially. I do know North's experiment with the Murray Kangaroos is in trouble and may end soon and they are looking round for a VFL club to align with instead. I couldn't see it going so far as for North to wear the Fitzroy strip in AFL games next year..surely.

Back in 1996 I wrote to the club recommending that the reserves wear Fitzroys uniform if the merged entity got off the ground...

Thanks to some jealous clubs that never happened, an I doubt very much if the Roos would move in that direction now..

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

uniforms

Remove this Banner Ad

Back