Unlisted players training with the tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers41*

Debutant
Jul 4, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond - Joe Gazzo (Coburg); Andrew Horne (Coburg); Cam Howat (Richmond rookie); Lachlan McKinnon (Essendon rookie); Carl Peterson (Richmond); Darren Pfeiffer (Adelaide); Jarrod Silvester (Coburg)

And just to let you all know, this guy seems to be in a bit of discussion, so just informing you that alister neville is training with the dees.

its an interesting bunch of players, does anyone know if we will defiantly use our PSD pick for one of these guys?

I have heard that Silvester has been told that he will be drafted by the Tigers, whether it is Rookie or National I don't know, but you can pretty much mark it down.

A couple of points:

- Very dissapointed that Neville isn't training with us. I reckon Meblourne will pick him up in the National draft

- Jarred Silvester is very likely to be picked up by the club, if he is, there is no reason why we should keep Moore

- Nick Carnel > Andrew Horne, does anyone know if Carnell is training with another club

- It looks like we will pick up Pieffer in the National Draft, i personally hope we rookie him

- Gazzo is a very small foward and probably won't be picked up. Maybe another good year in the VFL and he might get his chance

- Peterson looks like he will be picked up by us as a rookie, not so sure about Howatt

- Jarred Silvester is very likely to be picked up by the club, if he is, there is no reason why we should keep Moore
Size might be the issue here, Silvester is pretty short, he would be in the mould more of Jake King, and that is why I would think Terry is looking at him, another cheap Coburg player turns into a relatively good AFL player.

Size might be the issue here, Silvester is pretty short, he would be in the mould more of Jake King, and that is why I would think Terry is looking at him, another cheap Coburg player turns into a relatively good AFL player.

Silvester?

He is Coburgs full back. He stands at about 191cm and 90kg, so i guess he would be bought in to hand the gurilla fowards while McGuane and Thursty develop. Will be 23 at the start of next year

The way I see it, if we have Silvester, Thurstfield, McGuane, Bowden and Polak, we shouldn't have to carry blokes like Moore around anymore.

Joe Gazzo is only 174cm, however he is a good little goal sneak and just turned 19, showing that in his first year he could hold his spot in the VFL side

Andrew Horne is only 175cm

Nick Carnel, at 180cm would have been at good prospect imo

Richmond - Joe Gazzo (Coburg); Andrew Horne (Coburg); Cam Howat (Richmond rookie); Lachlan McKinnon (Essendon rookie); Carl Peterson (Richmond); Darren Pfeiffer (Adelaide); Jarrod Silvester (Coburg)

And just to let you all know, this guy seems to be in a bit of discussion, so just informing you that alister neville is training with the dees.

its an interesting bunch of players, does anyone know if we will defiantly use our PSD pick for one of these guys?

ive gone a bit cold on neville...we have so many of his size coming thru, connors, collins, casserley...all with plenty of improvement left in the tank...the question is can neville make the stepo up. I would look for another defender as an insurance policy in addition to another ruckman. in that case we wont be left ^^%# with a couple of injuries to the wrong players

ive gone a bit cold on neville...we have so many of his size coming thru, connors, collins, casserley...all with plenty of improvement left in the tank...the question is can neville make the stepo up. I would look for another defender as an insurance policy in addition to another ruckman. in that case we wont be left ^^%# with a couple of injuries to the wrong players

We don't have many many players like Neville. He is an inside extractor who can also play outside and has very good size, 189cm and 85kg. I think he would be a great pick up and would make a comfortable adjustment to AFL. If he gets picked up by Melbourne next year he will play at least 10 games. Collins is probably similar, however he still has to get over a few injuries

Silvester?
Nick Carnel, at 180cm would have been at good prospect imo

Definately...

Get a copy of the VFL grand final and check out this kid. The only Coburg player who seemed comfortable with the pace of the game and the pressure of a dominant Geelong team. Had ability to find space and hit a target... Made the rest of the team look like headless chooks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silvesters defensive kick ins during the vfl grand final was the worst display of kicking I've ever seen. I reckon he gave away 5 goals alone. I wouldn't want him on our list

I played footy with Carnell back in the day (greensborough) and he would be a great pick up for you guys. He is nuggety and likes a hard ball. Height might be against him as you guys have quite a few similar type players. He has also had a badish run with injuries of late including broken jaw (or cheekbone one or the other) and pretty significant shoulder injury, he might be getting that fixed, will have to quiz my physio.

Played against Neville in school days (ivanhoe vs. trinity) the guy can tear up the pitch. Without researching it too much, from memory he finished pretty high in the coburg tigers B & F... another wasted op should Melbourne snag him.

Solarium Terry would be mad to pick up this dud! He is injury prone, unco, slow, no body strength and has average skills. VFL player at best (even that is optimistic).

seriously its a shame that we couldnt get neville to train with us and should have got carnell to come over instead of horne. U would have to think that we will pick up silvester. Looks like with our other 3 picks we r going for more midfield dashing types. theyll probably give peterson another shot and rookie gazzo, dont know bout the last 1. Hope its a ruckman.

Don't think it matters too much if Neville trains with us or someone else. The club should already know everything it needs to know to decide whether to pick him up or not.

I think Silvester is too slow and immobile for AFL ranks.

I am a huge Joey Gazzo fan but he is probably going to be too small and light to get picked up. Gazzo's great ability is the amount of pressure he puts on oposition defenders. Gazzo chases, tackles, hunts and torments them as they try to bring the ball out. He is worth 2 goals a game from the turnovers he forces. Not as quick as Davey but not than dissimilar.

I think Neville should be picked up. Clubs get too clever sometimes. Neville will never be top-5 midfielder, but like Priddis he can thrive if made part of the rotation. He is already outperforming the likes of White, Hyde etc and going head to head with guys like Licuria in the VFL beats them.

Although I don't really rate Silvester ... I think we definately should look at rookie-listing a Coburg player or two.

We can't afford the salaries to recruit players to the Burgers. The only way we can have a competitive team (which is best for the kids to develop in), is to offer a genuine AFL-pathway.

Play for Coburg and you can follow Rix, McKinnon, Howat, King into the AFL.

I think we should rookie one Coburg player every year. Provide the carrot which will encourage players to sign with Coburg and give it their all.

I think Neville should be picked up. Clubs get too clever sometimes. Neville will never be top-5 midfielder, but like Priddis he can thrive if made part of the rotation. He is already outperforming the likes of White, Hyde etc and going head to head with guys like Licuria in the VFL beats them.

Although I don't really rate Silvester ... I think we definately should look at rookie-listing a Coburg player or two.

We can't afford the salaries to recruit players to the Burgers. The only way we can have a competitive team (which is best for the kids to develop in), is to offer a genuine AFL-pathway.

Play for Coburg and you can follow Rix, McKinnon, Howat, King into the AFL.

I think we should rookie one Coburg player every year. Provide the carrot which will encourage players to sign with Coburg and give it their all.
Great idea. I like Carnell, absolutely smashed Port melb in the prelim.

The way I see it is....

Neville > Meyer

Simple.

So if Neville is still around at pick 67, I will be mighty annoyed that he won't be comming to our club if we have kept Meyer. I think he will be gone by our pick 51 anyway, but nonetheless, it will be a real lose if he goes to Melbourne

We probably didnt ask Neville to come train with us, he already has before so no need to watch him again. Last year he trained with St Kilda and didnt get picked up.

Gazzo is a big chance to get rookied IMO, i dont think his size would put us off. Im a bit dissapointed Carnell isnt training with us but he might be recovering from injury or something like that, he trained with us last year.

Ok guys, the reason players like Neville and Carnell don't train are because they get offers and go train elsewhere to get sighted by more clubs... more clubs that see them the better.. which was why Nev went elsewhere last preseason.

Jarrod Silvester was at one stage told in front of the entire Coburg list by Terry Wallace in person that he would be drafted and start fullback round one 2008. So if not drafted Terry will look a bit dodgy.. and recently Silvester was told his position is no longer assured.. whether that is just to push him harder in preseason as a bit of a carrot dangling who knows... also to the bloke that called Jarrod Silvester to slow and immobile.. maybe you should research more because last season Silvester had the quickest time for the 40m, 60m and 100m sprint at Coburg beating blokes like Carnell and Jake King, his issue is more with endurance but as a key backman his endurance would be easily adequate.

Lachlan McKinnon i don't think is up to AFL football, not enough natural athletic ability, still never learnt to jump off the correct foot for his tap work hand.

Joe Gazzo and Nick Carnell are both excellent footballers and hard workers however their lack of height for today's game may see them struggle to find a spot, however the success of Kingy may help there cause.

The future is on the up though with strong performances from the Coburg side finishing second in the VFL and convincing premiers in the VFL reserves grade, and hopefully a few good young blokes from TAC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlisted players training with the tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back