Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s more goals in this, need to capitalise.

Sambi looks better further up the pitch, in the Xhaka position. Saw this in pre season.

Nervy finish, tomiyasu copped a knock, hopefully not too bad, finished top spot so avoid the extra game

Yes that's the major downside from the match. And perhaps I read too much into this sort of thing, the look on his face as he was coming off, I hope its not going to impact his world cup.

Job done overall in terms of the match and the group. Not having to play 2 extra matches and qualifying straight into the round of 16 is huge in the second half of the season.

In the EL we really did what was required and no more, topped the group with 5 wins but only had a GD +5 and only scored 8 goals in 6 matches.

Sadly seems Tomi will be out, but thankfully the LB choice now comes down to Tierney and Zinchenko so it isn't all doom and gloom.

Put the EL away to Late Feb or so now.

I know it seems nervy in the dying minutes of games, but I have to say, our defence's ability to spring the offside trap is the best its been in a long time. I don't know how you all see it, but I can't remember a time where we catch opposition offside so regularly. Our discipline in this regard is undersold. If you watch the Zurich disallowed goal, the way our three deepest defenders step up in unison is pretty cool. I found myself thinking at the time 'Mustafi would've screwed that up'.

I know it seems nervy in the dying minutes of games, but I have to say, our defence's ability to spring the offside trap is the best its been in a long time. I don't know how you all see it, but I can't remember a time where we catch opposition offside so regularly. Our discipline in this regard is undersold. If you watch the Zurich disallowed goal, the way our three deepest defenders step up in unison is pretty cool. I found myself thinking at the time 'Mustafi would've screwed that up'.
Bould and Adams were famous for it !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chelsea 10:30 Sunday night! Gonna be a late one for me!! Hopefully Aubameyang gets smothered and subbed off (ex Arsenal player I know but **** him.. he's at Chelsea now)

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back