Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Slight pull outside the box and brushed him his arm a little inside the box. Thought originally a tangle of legs but was already going down by that stage.

Thank you. Yes it seemed that way to me he was on his way down inside the box. Still felt it was unnecessary from Partey didn’t disguise it well.

As I’ve said before and Glen has touched on, getting rid of Rambo has lifted a bit of weight off Raya and now he’s been able to flourish.

Really didn’t like the way Arteta went about it initially when we signed Raya as it created unnecessary pressure and expectation on both.

As I’ve said before and Glen has touched on, getting rid of Rambo has lifted a bit of weight off Raya and now he’s been able to flourish.

Really didn’t like the way Arteta went about it initially when we signed Raya as it created unnecessary pressure and expectation on both.

Yes the “subbing the goalkeeper” stuff really didn’t help set the tone. Arteta would probably do things differently if given that chance again. At the same time I note he can’t exactly say something like “Raya is a better keeper, you will see in time”. Difficult situation that created lots of noise that thankfully has now come and gone.

There’s a sophistication I’ve noticed with Raya, his long term relationship with Cana really helps make that 1% difference. He’s straight over to the sidelines when preparing for the penalty, they would’ve studied the opposition penalty takers and which way they go. He’s now quietly saved 4 of his last 8 penalties he’s faced I read this morning, including the Porto shootout.

Thank you. Yes it seemed that way to me he was on his way down inside the box. Still felt it was unnecessary from Partey didn’t disguise it well.

Yeah he made himself look guilty but for arguments sake Saliba's last ditch tackle was more of a foul than the Partey incident but he did a better job of hiding that he was pulling back on the opponent.

To the refs credit he was consistent with the contact that he allowed throughout the game albeit I would rather the game be more physical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back