Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Uh oh, what happened?

Not sure exactly. I read that he was in tears after the game and had a compression bandage on his knee. Hopefully it's BS.

Having both Timber and Calafiori in the squad seems surreal. Two legit WC talents that never would have signed for us a few years ago.

Last edited:
Talk is he hurt himself during the Trossard goal celebrations, but if you watch the replay, he ran out the game and seemed fine... even celebrated Saliba's one v one against Vardy. So not sure... compression bandage could just be typical post game recovery, just like ice-bandages are. We'll know soon enough... bring on PSG.

Seems to be a knee problem for White, he was only called upon during the City game because of the red card necessitated a change at half time. Thankfully now we have the requisite cover to step in and not push injured players to the brink.

Timber has been an outstanding signing. A genuine “what if” to ponder what could have been if he didn’t do his ACL opening day last season.

Very solid first half. Could be more actually, Trossard with a great chance there to make it 3.

Merino on the bench. I wonder if he gets some minutes later.

Trossard was brilliant for the Havertz opener.

Aesthetically pleasing, professional and assured performance from Arsenal without really needing to hit top gear.

Thought Havertz was excellent again. His versatility is what stands him out. Arteta has engineered a solution here for whatever the occasion calls for with him. He and Trossard very good again here, Havertz almost as a 10 at times playing in behind Trossard. And then interchanging when needed such as the first goal.

I think Saka’s free kick (poor from Donnarumma it must be said) is the first direct free kick goal for a few years? Odeegard around 2021 I think.

Good call giving Kiwior some minutes here. White’s injury is probably a bit more serious than thought, keep plenty in Timber’s tank and Kiwior with an important 45 minutes under his belt. Calafiori at right back is not something I’d like to see persistently however the situation called for it.

Martinelli in excellent touch and the end product numbers don’t reflect that (yet). Am liking Arteta’s faith in MLS and Nwaneri. If you added them to the “squad numbers”, all of a sudden we’re not looking as light in some areas as I first thought.

Good 3 points here, the home matches are almost must wins in this new format.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havertz at CF has been a revelation and I believe is the long-term solution for CF for us. If only Martinelli didn't absolutely squander that chance, Havertz would have had a brilliant assist too.

It's amusing watching Calafiori tear up the field and be in advanced midfield positions, he has such an imposing stature compared to the players around him. I do love his aggression, but he needs to learn how to tame the instinct a little as he's picked up yellows in three games so far.

Timber - what a talent. Glad it seems the HT sub was purely precautionary.

He's so integral to the way we play. Glad he has proved us all wrong. Him not working at 8 has worked out for everyone involved. While he isn't the most clinical finisher, his other qualities more than make up for it; movement, positioning, strength, passing all so strong.

And Timber is a bloody bull. Big fan.

A backline of Timber, Calafiori, Gabriel and Saliba. White, Tomiyasu, Zinchenko, Kiwior on the bench or missing. Am I dreaming? Is this real life?

And Tierney as well still at the club until January probably. From being touted as a potential future captain to now not even being considered a viable option now, geez how quickly the levels have risen at Arsenal.

And Tierney as well still at the club until January probably. From being touted as a potential future captain to now not even being considered a viable option now, geez how quickly the levels have risen at Arsenal.
I really liked Tierney 😔

Oh well... When he does leave he will be a player I wish well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back