Podcast upcoming Tigercast interview with DANIEL JACKSON, submit questions here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you please ask Mark if the transition from life after football was difficult for him? Was there much assistance from football clubs or players association after his delisting or was it like being thrown into the cold?

no worries, have added it in!

i think the game Cogs did his knee in was the same game Terry Wallace gave Pettifer an almighty spray and tore him a new one about that nickname.

Was against Hawthorn in Launceston. Buddy announced himself with his first large haul.

Can you possibly confirm, but i believe Cogs actually injured his knee twice in the game, with the second obviously being serious?

Travelled with the team that day. Both sides travelled home on same plane. Kennett wore "that coat" on the plane home. We were sad for Cogs and loss. Was angry at Jeff.

Haere Ra

Could you please ask Mark if the transition from life after football was difficult for him? Was there much assistance from football clubs or players association after his delisting or was it like being thrown into the cold?

I'm interested in this as well, cause his delisting sounded pretty brutal and sudden

I'm interested in this as well, cause his delisting sounded pretty brutal and sudden

His Dad Steve did, and probably still has, a sizeable mining industry business in WA, but believe Cogs was keen on a financial services role and may have gone to EY initially, with Club assistance.

It's a darn good question, as player welfare during and post career has escalated rapidly in recent years.

Haere Ra

His Dad Steve did, and probably still has, a sizeable mining industry business in WA, but believe Cogs was keen on a financial services role and may have gone to EY initially, with Club assistance.

It's a darn good question, as player welfare during and post career has escalated rapidly in recent years.

Haere Ra

from what i can gather he did end up in the mining sector post football as well as during further study.

Was against Hawthorn in Launceston. Buddy announced himself with his first large haul.

Can you possibly confirm, but i believe Cogs actually injured his knee twice in the game, with the second obviously being serious?

Travelled with the team that day. Both sides travelled home on same plane. Kennett wore "that coat" on the plane home. We were sad for Cogs and loss. Was angry at Jeff.

Haere Ra
I was there. Shattered drive back to Hobart that night :(

Michaels couldyou also please ask if Cogs was ever close to Marc Dragicevic? They were on the list together for a few years, but they were both cruelled by similar injuries. Both of my faves.

And does Cogs ever catch up with ex-teammates, etc?

Nothing particular about the Pettifer one - maybe ask him about his thoughts on the self-given nickname 'P-Train' haha

Also, if you'd like to ask him about the feeling of running out for the first time in over 3 years against North... and when we won, the famous footage of him singing the song and copping an almighty Gatorade shower!

One more, ask him what it was like to play alongside Richo and Browny at the start of 2005 when they were taking the absolute p!ss, before Browny broke his leg?

What a moment that was.

2897_70039467949_3852555_n.jpg

What a moment that was.

View attachment 450762

How do I like this more than once jarrod_island_doggies? Brings a tear to my eye.

470920_1_M.jpg

Does he appreciate how gutted Richmond fans were when his career was cut short, poor kid. GLad to hear he's had a successful post AFL career, shame he couldn't get his body right and show us what he was capable of, was so excited when he was flying, we looked like a premiership was possible.

Michaels, great get! Cogs is still one of my all-time favourite Tigers.

You might have heard Richo on the club's podcast telling a story about a young Cogs meeting an attractive woman, going home to her house and then discovering he had traipsed dog turd across shag pile carpet. Can he confirm or deny? Perhaps he has a story he'd like to tell about the Big Fella in return?
I was in stitches when the big cho was telling the dogshit story...Cogs has to be asked about it!

Also the story about Cogs walking around wearing only one thong...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you ask him to confirm details surrounding his knee injury in the shower?

Michaels, great get! Cogs is still one of my all-time favourite Tigers.

You might have heard Richo on the club's podcast telling a story about a young Cogs meeting an attractive woman, going home to her house and then discovering he had traipsed dog turd across shag pile carpet. Can he confirm or deny? Perhaps he has a story he'd like to tell about the Big Fella in return?

You read my mind, this was instantly what I wanted to ask.

My absolute all-time favourite Tiger. My username on Yellow & Black (back when I use to be quite an active member on it) was Luke N Cogz.

Everyone knew my love for cogs. My nickname at school was Cogs. Such a shame as to how it ended :(

Can you ask him about his friendship with Pettifer? Just like Lambert and Marcon, they were the best of mates IIRC.

Also, I think Lids lived with Cogs when we first drafted him. Can you ask him about a young Lids and what it was like having him around?

Cheers, can't wait to listen to this one!

Obvious one.Was he at the G on that great day?

Michaels Could you please ask Cogs what his first reaction was when slipping in the shower?

I still have a birthday card from him at home from when I first became a member. My favourite player :)

Haere Ra

All of these questions were answered by Cogs today.

Link is in the interview thread, enjoy!

Well done Michaels. Wonderful interview.

Cogs came across as incredibly humble and thankful for his time in football

Did you get a sense in speaking to him why he went from Jack Dyer Medalist in 2003 to delisted at end of 2009? Purely injuries or did he lose some of his desire to be an AFL footballer?

Nice interview. Bit of cutting in and out towards the end. Glad that there is actually a bit network for all AFL players for life after footy.

Good job Michaels

Yeah annoyed it dropped in and out at the end there :-(

Well done Michaels. Wonderful interview.

Cogs came across as incredibly humble and thankful for his time in football

Did you get a sense in speaking to him why he went from Jack Dyer Medalist in 2003 to delisted at end of 2009? Purely injuries or did he lose some of his desire to be an AFL footballer?

Thanks!

It felt like injuries had a bit to do with it but he did mention that a lot of the more senior guys sensed the writing was on the wall.

It was at the time dimma was appointed and he wanted a mass clean out I believe.

But even when I asked if he thought about going to another club he did say that he just didn' have that burning desire

Thanks!

It felt like injuries had a bit to do with it but he did mention that a lot of the more senior guys sensed the writing was on the wall.

It was at the time dimma was appointed and he wanted a mass clean out I believe.

But even when I asked if he thought about going to another club he did say that he just didn' have that burning desire

Loved Cogs.
Does anyone else thinks he sounds like Cotch when he speaks?
Loved how he seems to still love and follow the club
The Dusty Dynasty haha

Before we started recording he was telling me that everyone in his family is a Richmond member, and any time there is ever a new kid born they get signed up straight away as well.

They have been paid up members since 2005 I think he said

Before we started recording he was telling me that everyone in his family is a Richmond member, and any time there is ever a new kid born they get signed up straight away as well.

They have been paid up members since 2005 I think he said
Nice.
It would be good to get a current day player soon. Or Ivan

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast upcoming Tigercast interview with DANIEL JACKSON, submit questions here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back