update, Dank wants to clear players, details OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I think there were records at Essendon and they were destroyed
I think this too. But I also think Dank has copies which is why the club has handled him with fluffy duckling feather gloves (he made mistakes...) Far from exonerating him, they incriminate him and the EFC, which is a double edged sword he has hung over the head of the club since day dot.

Stephen Dank warns more to play out in the never-ending Essendon drugs saga

Stephen Dank has warned there is more to play out in the never-ending Essendon drugs saga, claiming he will put key witnesses from football's biggest story on the stand and, as a result, leave ASADA with "huge" questions to answer about the investigation that led to 34 past and present Bombers players receiving year-long bans.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/stephe...drugs-saga-20160131-gmi6zs.html#ixzz3ypUYP6yA
Im puting teh SYSTEM on tryal!111!!!!!

I imagine Dank in my head as the stereotypical used car salesman.

"TB4 is not named as banned by ASADA so its all good, the small print, blah blah blah, who even reads that stuff"
"I called it Thymosin on all the paperwork so its fine, no need to get too technical with sciencey names, if someone interprets that as bad then I obviously meant something else"
"The players signed this, Hird and the higher ups gave it the ok, its all someone else's problem"

He probably still believes he does no wrong and he is just doing his job. A real weasel of a human.

I imagine Dank in my head as the stereotypical used car salesman.

"TB4 is not named as banned by ASADA so its all good, the small print, blah blah blah, who even reads that stuff"
"I called it Thymosin on all the paperwork so its fine, no need to get too technical with sciencey names, if someone interprets that as bad then I obviously meant something else"
"The players signed this, Hird and the higher ups gave it the ok, its all someone else's problem"

He probably still believes he does no wrong and he is just doing his job. A real weasel of a human.
This in bold is exactly how I think Dank was operating.

I think Dank has been the scapegoat.

I think his right on a few things

Sorry but I call BULLSHIT on this

Dank has done PLENTY of things to try and circumvent the WADA code. From using vague, generic terms ("Let's call "Peptides" "Amino acid blends" because that is all that they are, a mixture of amino acids") to trying to use "Loopholes" to access banned substances (Questions regardng AOD9604 to ASADA/WADA worded in a way that made Dank think it fell under 1 catagory of the WADA code, then doctor shopping and using his compounding pharmacist mate to make an experimental drug suddenly fit for therapeutic use and legal under the WADA code) but worst of all is his total disregard to the players welfare (having NFI about basic things such as players medical history/allergy status when injecting god knows what into the players) and the WADA code ("Sure lets mix Thymosin and AOD with a an experimental polymer to improve delivery. Is it safe and legal? well it's used in the horse industry in the US and has been shown to be effective during dental surgery, so lets try it on a couple of players to find out").

The scary thing is that these are ONLY the examples that we know about, god only knows what else was going on (e.g. wtf was in the muscular destrophy treatment injected in to the players at the hydropherapy clinic ..........).

Dank isn't a scapegoat, just as Dank doesn't hold all of the blame for the program. Dank was central to a club wide doping program because he thought that he knew more than WADA/ASADA (he still says that TB4 shouldn't be banned ..........) and could "bend" the rules without crossing the line when in reality he jumped over the line, pissed on it and kept on going without a care in the words.

Dank has done PLENTY of things to try and circumvent the WADA code. From using vague, generic terms ("Let's call "Peptides" "Amino acid blends" because that is all that they are, a mixture of amino acids") to trying to use "Loopholes" to access banned substances (Questions regardng AOD9604 to ASADA/WADA worded in a way that made Dank think it fell under 1 catagory of the WADA code, then doctor shopping and using his compounding pharmacist mate to make an experimental drug suddenly fit for therapeutic use and legal under the WADA code) but worst of all is his total disregard to the players welfare (having NFI about basic things such as players medical history/allergy status when injecting god knows what into the players) and the WADA code ("Sure lets mix Thymosin and AOD with a an experimental polymer to improve delivery. Is it safe and legal? well it's used in the horse industry in the US and has been shown to be effective during dental surgery, so lets try it on a couple of players to find out").

The scary thing is that these are ONLY the examples that we know about, god only knows what else was going on (e.g. wtf was in the muscular destrophy treatment injected in to the players at the hydropherapy clinic ..........).

Dank isn't a scapegoat, just as Dank doesn't hold all of the blame for the program. Dank was central to a club wide doping program because he thought that he knew more than WADA/ASADA (he still says that TB4 shouldn't be banned ..........) and could "bend" the rules without crossing the line when in reality he jumped over the line, pissed on it and kept on going without a care in the words.
This post makes me wish there was a 'multiple times' like button.

He thought he was doing the right thing and got busted, he started back pedalling.

I'm sure Dank wasn't just rocking up the players and giving them TB4 without approval from the club. Dank tried to be smarter, but his just not.

He thought he was doing the right thing and got busted, he started back pedalling.

I'm sure Dank wasn't just rocking up the players and giving them TB4 without approval from the club. Dank tried to be smarter, but his just not.

Sorry but whenever someone defends Dank I think back to this conversation and think "Nope, he is an idiot"

She reported the following text exchange between Alavi and Dank:

"Also is there a problem with giving them an anaesthetic in the muscle? I have discovered a new polymer which will provide slow release system while repairing damaged cell walls. Intra muscular injection."

Mr Dank responded: "No problems with that all."

Mr Alavi later wrote: "It's amazing and being used in the US for elite horseracing. I can even put the Thymosin and AOD in it."

Mr Dank: "Perfect. Let's get going."

He then sends another text message: "Have we tried it on anyone yet?"

Mr Alavi responds: "A few dental injections for periodontal sockets but not for sporting."

Mr Alavi later says: "Amazing repair properties."

Mr Dank responds: "Well, let's test a couple of players."

Mr Alavi says: "Sounds good, buddy. Speak soon."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...tedly-told-20150615-ghow72.html#ixzz3yyqgudCn

No regard to the players health or the WADA code. Remember this is the guy who thought it was a good idea to give Warfarin to NRL players ......

One of my favorite saying is "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing". Dank may have thought that he was doing the "right thing" but he clearly wasn't, and needs to take responsibility for his actions (as do everyone else in the saga)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but whenever someone defends Dank I think back to this conversation and think "Nope, he is an idiot"

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...tedly-told-20150615-ghow72.html#ixzz3yyqgudCn

No regard to the players health or the WADA code. Remember this is the guy who thought it was a good idea to give Warfarin to NRL players ......

One of my favorite saying is "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing". Dank may have thought that he was doing the "right thing" but he clearly wasn't, and needs to take responsibility for his actions (as do everyone else in the saga)
Did we ever find out what the polymer was? Sounds like another banned substance if it repairs tissue...............

Edit: It's already S0 and almost certainly S2

excellent!

It'll be awesome when Dank finally comes out and clears the players, and this whole saga is finally shown up as nothing more than a storm in a tea cup. Good stuff Stephen, go get 'em :thumbsu:

Personally I be laughing when a lawyer tears into him and finds him to be lacking in details....

Wonder if any bookies are offering odds on him committing perjury....

Remove this Banner Ad

update, Dank wants to clear players, details OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back