• YOOOOO

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • Conca

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Why don't we have both?

Votes: 63 54.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys are really starting to warm to Yeo, that's good. In fact, some of you are starting to now recognise that 28 was a good deal for you.

So, in the spirit of community why don't you throw in some cash under the table, too? We REALLY need that.

Throw in Simon Black as an assistant coach and you've got yourself a deal ;)

You guys are really starting to warm to Yeo, that's good. In fact, some of you are starting to now recognise that 28 was a good deal for you.

So, in the spirit of community why don't you throw in some cash under the table, too? We REALLY need that.

With 5 players gone you will need senior players right? We can give you Dalziell back :)

From the Brisbane board:

Me: I feel for you guys, but at the same time super glad to get Yeo.

You could take some solace in the fact that you got a better pick than you spent on him, and much of the WCE BF thread thinks we got bent over by your negotiators.

BL fan: No solace whatsoever. His initial draft position is irrelevant. Much of the WCE BF thread must be idiots if they thought they got bent over. His real value is that of a top 15 pick this year.

You could argue we had a similar view when Ebert went to Port... I guess if it works out half as well for us as it did for Port Adelaide it will certainly be a win!

tbh i didn't really care that much when Ebert went. foolish

How many people actually had seen anything of Yeo before going on about how much we were going to **** up by giving anything other than a third round pick? Even just a highlights, or read what the Lions fans though of losing him.

How did that work out for us with Ebert? Oh, yeah, right....

Face it, we got bent over on the Ebert trade, bent over on the Wellingham trade and bent over again on the Yeo trade. Now there's some suggestion that we gave up 28 instead of 31 to guarantee that the Bears didn't draft the player we wanted in the top 10 and got the same assurance from the Magpies. I hope that is the case, because that's the only reason I can see for making the deal the way they were done.

As for Yeo, like Ebert when he was traded, I rate him as a first round pick value and am very happy that he's here. Hopefully we start transitioning him into the midfield early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps isn't the be-all and end-all of 2nd round picks. There are actually a number of players I prefer to him who have similar talent but superior athleticism and will be around that mark as well.

Cripps isn't the be-all and end-all of 2nd round picks. There are actually a number of players I prefer to him who have similar talent but superior athleticism and will be around that mark as well.

Agree, he is really quite slow and not the end of the world if he is not available at 31. I think his pace may let him slide down to the 40s anyway.

FWIW: Cripps probably shouldn't last to pick 31 because there isn't really anyone in this draft with his inside game and his size. As for his athleticism he moves pretty darn well, he's a big bloke but he's isn't that physically developed. So there is upside.

TOA. He's not slow for a 190cm inside midfielder, there is a lot of him to stop when he's taking off.

Quite well spoken the lad. Heres to a good career at wce.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The only thing that annoyed me was how his voice tapered off at the end of each sentence. I could hardly hear him by the end. I'm guessing he was just a little nervous.

Cripps needs to slim down. He's put on alot of size (both horizontally and vertically) in the last two years and it shows in his face, his body fat % is fairly high. He'll drop the kg's pretty quickly I think which should help the perceived pace issue, if there is one.

Remove this Banner Ad

News UPDATE - Elliot Yeo now an Eagle

Back