Game Updated Confirmed Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie said:
Daniel Bradshaw and Shannon Grant were traded for Izsac Thompson, Tyson Steinglein, and Andrew McDougal

DOne and Done

Western Bulldogs get
Callan, McCarthy, Haynes

Geelong Get
Steven Baker, Richard Cole, Heath James
-------------------------------------
Questions Regarding Delistings/squad lists ect
I am sure i am not the only one who is a bit confussed with what i have to do here. I have 38 players in my squad and 14 new players (17 if Dogs confirm the deal above) and 4 draft picks.

Questions!

1) I have to delist at least 3 players right? But none of them can be new draftees? Well i feel thats a bit stupid because in real life you can only trade out like 6 players so lots of teams have large large amounts of new players (not really myself but many teams dont even resemble former teams) and i feel we should be able to delist anyone on the list

2) Rookies lists. Does my list of 42 or however big it is allowed to be include the 5 rookie listed players? Can i demote a player to my rookie list if he is under 23 or whatever the age is?

3) Draft Picks. Do i have to use all of them? Why cant i just pass on them?

4) Squad size. How big can the squad be?

So thats pretty much all i want to know at the moment

Mattlowry said:
Western Bulldogs get
Callan, McCarthy, Haynes

Geelong Get
I am sure i am not the only one who is a bit confussed with what i have to do here. I have 38 players in my squad and 14 new players (17 if Dogs confirm the deal above) and 4 draft picks.

Questions!

1) I have to delist at least 3 players right? But none of them can be new draftees? Well i feel thats a bit stupid because in real life you can only trade out like 6 players so lots of teams have large large amounts of new players (not really myself but many teams dont even resemble former teams) and i feel we should be able to delist anyone on the list

2) Rookies lists. Does my list of 42 or however big it is allowed to be include the 5 rookie listed players? Can i demote a player to my rookie list if he is under 23 or whatever the age is?

I'm sure someone will tell me im wrong but this is what i believe is the rules:
You don't have to de-list anyone, but you do have to have a squad at least 35 players big before drafting and after drafting the maximum amount of players you can have is either 40, 41, or 42. So, if you want to take 5 draft picks but you already have 39 players on you list before drafting then you must de - list 2 players to fit it in. Additionaly you must take at least 3 draft picks.
You can pass on a pick ( provided you have already taken 3 ) but once you pass you must pass on all picks after wards, so basically if you have picks 10, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 and you pass on pick 60 then you can't take pick 70 you must pass on that as well.
You can't demote players to the rookie llist but you can de-list them and then re-draft them if they have been on the list for less than 3 years. If they have been on the list for 3 years then you must either promote them or de-list them.

For me, ( west coast ) after doing all trades so far I have 4 less players on my list than before. So i will use those 4 spaces on draft picks and to promote someone ( I have promoted both B. Jones and J. Graham ) I must de - list soemone else. Or aternatly put them on the veterans list if they have been on the list for 10 years or more.

Mattlowry said:
Western Bulldogs get
Callan, McCarthy, Haynes

Geelong Get

Questions!

1: as long as your list is small enough to take three draft selections, its fine. i made one delisting, and traded my numbers down. thats fine. as long as your list is the right size, thats all that counts
2: Maximum normal player lists are 39 players i believe. I'm not sure about the Rookie listings but my understanding is that you can have 5 Rookies and the Maximum list. I'm not sure, however.
3: You only need make three draft selections. If you had picks 1, 2, and 3, thats all you would be required to use. However, if you did a trade and got pick 99 in a deal, you would have to use that pick as well. This prevents clubs giving people away... say you had a dud and he was getting paid a bit and you wanted salary cap relief and he was under contract for another year, you couldnt just swap him for pick 145 and then not use that pick. Thats my understanding anyway. And if you did get pick 99, I also believe that you must use every pick up until that stage too, because you can't pass on a pick and then use a lower pick. Again, thats the way I've interpreted the rules I've seen. If you had pick 1, 2, 3, and 4, you would only need to use 1,2,and 3.
Basically, if you trade for a pick, you've gotta use it.
4: Maximum normal list is 39 players. Maximum Rookie list is 5 players. I have no idea if there are limits below five on the Rookie lists that differ according to the size of your ordinary list.

I also think that list management should be taken as starting from July 12th, when this game started. This would mean that any retirements, delistings, and rookie promotions done in real life by this date must be considered real in this game.
The only thing this prevents in club A having a gun on its rookie list, who was promoted early or in the pre-season, and having them keep the player on the rookie list into next year to give themselves an extra place on the main list.

I'm not sure how veterans on the list work. I thought it was only for Salary cap purposes. Do they not count to the size of the list or something?

Daniel Foster has been delisted from the Geelong Football Club.

Graham and Ricardi have been added to the Veterans List

Luke Buckland has been rookie listed.

This gives the Geelong Football Club a squad size of 35, with two veterans and a rookie.

im 99 percent sure that a veteran does not count towards the size of the squad.

Also, Mattlory, I don't think you can put players who were on your main list back onto your rookie list. You must de - list them and then re - draft them onto the rookie list. Assuming no one else drafts them first.

also what do we do with the draft picks?
Do we have a simulation draft or do we just take the players who were drafted in real life with the picks we have. I think the second option would be better, easier and much quicker ( the first would probably take 2 weeks ).

Jako said:
also what do we do with the draft picks?
Do we have a simulation draft or do we just take the players who were drafted in real life with the picks we have. I think the second option would be better, easier and much quicker ( the first would probably take 2 weeks ).

I think it needs to be a combination of both. The first 2-3 rounds done by us and then whatever happens in real life. I mean i dont need any midfielders and my team has many and what if pick 4 (mine) was a midfielder and a gun forward was at pick 5 (which i would probably take ahead of the midfielder).

In real life the picks only go up to like 80 anyways and clubs start passing around the 50 mark anyways. Well i think first 3 rounds done by us and if we dont do it in a certain time limit then we get the next person in real life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mattlowry said:
Daniel Foster has been delisted from the Geelong Football Club.

Graham and Ricardi have been added to the Veterans List

Luke Buckland has been rookie listed.

This gives the Geelong Football Club a squad size of 35, with two veterans and a rookie.

Thats nice to know isn't it?

I couldn't give a toss who's on your veterans list because they do COUNT towards list size.

I'll have to deny the rookie listing of Luke Buckland, but Foster is delisted...

Okay, unlike previously stated, you can pass on a draft pick that you traded for if you so desire. I don't care if its the rule in real life, its now the rule here. As for vets... if you are all convinced that vets don't count towards list size... all I'm going to say is someone give me proof that vets dont count (only needs to be the team list of one team with a veteran showing that person does not count to the player list) and then sure, Vets won't count.

People cannot be taken straight from main list and rookie-listed. End of discussion.

Rookie said:
Okay, unlike previously stated, you can pass on a draft pick that you traded for if you so desire. I don't care if its the rule in real life, its now the rule here. As for vets... if you are all convinced that vets don't count towards list size... all I'm going to say is someone give me proof that vets dont count (only needs to be the team list of one team with a veteran showing that person does not count to the player list) and then sure, Vets won't count.

People cannot be taken straight from main list and rookie-listed. End of discussion.

How are we supposed to do rookie lists then?

Due to the fact that I do not have MSN, and the fact that when i signed up for this I didn't realise that It also goes throughout all of next year I have decided to quit this game.

Brisbane is now open.

Okay here goes some new offical rules

Veterans: You are allowed two which do not count towards the 39 normal player cap but DO count towards the 42 maximum player cap.

You cannot demote players to the Rookie list. You must delist them then rookie-draft them

You cannot delist a first year player (Drafted last year) even if you traded for them.

We will have a real time draft, however if you can't be bothered I'll take nominations and preferences.

Rookie draft will be all nominations

You may delist TWO and ONLY two players you traded for. You can't help it if you traded for a player and they get delisted. Only two will be allowed.

Trading period will have a set ending point of 6pm on Grand Final day.

these are now official as of now unless someone gives me a damn good reason to change ;)

Rookie said:

Veterans: You are allowed two which do not count towards the 39 normal player cap but DO count towards the 42 maximum player cap.

You cannot demote players to the Rookie list. You must delist them then rookie-draft them

You cannot delist a first year player (Drafted last year) even if you traded for them.

We will have a real time draft, however if you can't be bothered I'll take nominations and preferences.

You may delist TWO and ONLY two players you traded for. You can't help it if you traded for a player and they get delisted. Only two will be allowed.

Trading period will have a set ending point of 6pm on Grand Final day.

these are now official as of now unless someone gives me a damn good reason to change ;)

Nah they sound good to me.

Rookie said:

I don't understand, whats the difference?

ok if thats the way it's gonna be, that at least can we have the draft after the real draft so people who do not have a good knoledge of this years young talent can see about were players should be picked.

I personaly still support just taking the players that were taken in real life with the picks you have.

I have also noticed that there doesn't seem to be much activity in this game recently. We had another person quit and others don't seem to be very frequent particapents. My point is maybe this game will not last all throught e draft and next season.......... and maybe making people have a real draft is just too much time and effort that thta person is willing to put into and it may cause them to quit. Then again maybe not, im just rambling now.

jako

Jako said:
I don't understand, whats the difference?

ok if thats the way it's gonna be, that at least can we have the draft after the real draft so people who do not have a good knoledge of this years young talent can see about were players should be picked.

I personaly still support just taking the players that were taken in real life with the picks you have.

I have also noticed that there doesn't seem to be much activity in this game recently. We had another person quit and others don't seem to be very frequent particapents. My point is maybe this game will not last all throught e draft and next season.......... and maybe making people have a real draft is just too much time and effort that thta person is willing to put into and it may cause them to quit. Then again maybe not, im just rambling now.

jako

Well there has been activity with certain clubs (Geelong, Sydney, Western Bulldogs, West Coast, Kangaroos, Brisbane (now quit), Hawthorn) and i might be forgetting one of them but certain clubs arent doing anything (Essendon(wont trade at all but apparently said wants to do the draft so yeah), Collingwood, Carlton, St.Kilda, Fremantle, Adelaide, Tigers, Port Power)

St Kilda, Fremantle have recentlly done best 22's so thats alright so they are still in it but Collingwood, Carlton, Adelaide, Tigers, Essendon havent traded and or/ done best 22's in a long time if ever (in the case of Tigers and Carlton). Dissapointing. Its good that people like West Coast quit because it allows their spots to be taken by people who actually want to play the game. I understand some teams just dont want to trade beacuse they are happy with their sides but they should still post best 22's.

The game should go somewhere too. I dont know how or whatnot but should go somewhere after we have traded.

And in response to Jako's question what he means is that after the draft is done you can have a maximum of 39 players on your normal list and 3 spaces left for Rookie players that we will get in the rookie draft. Veterans dont count towards your normal list of 39 but if you have 39 normal players and 2 veterans you can only get 1 rookie as you can have a maximum of 42 players on your total squad.
Remember you must do at least 3 draft picks though so you can have a maximum of 36 players before the draft. Some clubs need to delist soon.
Anyways thats my ramble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Updated Confirmed Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back