Updated Member Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Very dissapointing l have been a member for 8 years and never been to a game.l just cant understand why supporters dont become members. :(

jonty12 said:
That sounds quite reasonable to me :)

i don't know... Pedro works 356 days a year - what the hell is he doing with the other 9 days a year???? surely he could use them to come along and see north :)

Harvs29 said:
i don't know... Pedro works 356 days a year - what the hell is he doing with the other 9 days a year???? surely he could use them to come along and see north :)
SORRY HARVS 29 365 days of the year.

pedro5 said:
SORRY HARVS 29 365 days of the year.

i know what you meant mate :)

dairy farming's hard yakka, neh?
had an uncle who used to have a dairy farm up around Leitchville - i'd go up there in the school holidays and be knackered after three days! a full year of it sounds like too much bloody hard work to me!

gold cup 1996 said:
Looking back to the 29/03/04 we had 18,159 members, so we are slightly ahead of this time last year :)
Thanks Gold Cup 96, i still have to buy my kids 2 memberships, do they count junior roos memberships?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked the same question earlier in the year about junior memberships counting towards the total count and was told yes it does.

I purchased the family's membership tickets just after Family Day, went down to the club and was told we were about 400 up on the same time as last year.

Many memberships are purchased within the first few weeks of the season, and I would expect it to be a bit slow, with the first round coinciding with Easter, a lot of people go away, second round - we are in Canberra, third round is an away game against the Saints, the 4th round which is our next home game in Melbourne is against Collingwood. Don't be surprised to see our membership stagnate a bit until round 4, as not everyone has the chance to get down to the club.

NorthBoi96 said:
Yes they do, the only memberships which don't count are the Club Kangaroo, which are the ones which don't have game entitlements, or the Pet Memberships

Wot not count pets if that was the case some clubs who shall remain nameless would not have many members cos some of their fans give pet meaning "Animal" a BAD name.

A friend of mine will be dissappointed cos she signed up her cat "Colby" and he wears his Kanga medallion with pride. :)

NorthBoi96 said:
Yes they do, the only memberships which don't count are the Club Kangaroo, which are the ones which don't have game entitlements, or the Pet Memberships
Thanks North Boi96 and Hopper for the answer

Still reckon that huge function 2 weeks ago has dinted a few people's finances. Maybe not the whole 5,000 set yet to renew, but Geoff Walsh said 3/4 of the people at that function were not members. I don't know how many former players made up that number, but still that fraction makes me think the early season flurry might be a few weeks later because of the extra bucks required for the function. Certainly the case for me, and I'm Joe Average in terms of the wage I take home.

Paid my daughters Junior Roo last week and received everything today - they actually would have had it for collection at the Dome last week if needed. Excellent service.

However they should review what they include in the Junior Roo - might be ok for an 8yo but too kiddy for 12s and 13s.

But full marks for service - well done!

my membership pack arrived at home here in London yesterday but had to go out so I am yet to see the contents.

As I was up in Edinburgh for the easter weekend I did it tough on the weekend being round 1 and not being able to see a game for the 2nd year in a row. Although its a terrible place at least the Walkabout Pub in London plays all the games on the weekend now.

the good news is that I got a mate from the north coast of NSW who had no interest in Australian Rules onto the Kangas, he loves 'em now and reckons Arch is the best!! He is my new Kangas buddy!! (they are hard to find in the northern hemispehere as well)

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Member Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back