Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

What would 4 days staying inside Disneyland cost?

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Disneyland has a couple of hotels. It can cost a lot if you purchase directly from the official website. You can probsbly get noticably cheaper if you puchase it through a time share websites (you pay for points that timeshare owners have in the hotels). We did the latter when we went to disneyworld and it saved us about 30 percent off the advertised price.

Disneyland has a couple of hotels. It can cost a lot if you purchase directly from the official website. You can probsbly get noticably cheaper if you puchase it through a time share websites (you pay for points that timeshare owners have in the hotels). We did the latter when we went to disneyworld and it saved us about 30 percent off the advertised price.
ok cheers

ok cheers

I went and stayed in Disneyland hotel in May, was amazing. If you want the contact of a disneyland travel agent who can help itenary planning let me know and i can send her details to you, as she was fantastic. There is alot to unpack around making the most of your time there including genie passes, food, etc that she made much easier.

Looking for tips on things to do in Austin, Nashville, Chicago, Seattle, Fort Worth and NY.

Heading over with a mate - good places to drink etc.

Already got a few tips from the last page which is great.

Looking for tips on things to do in Austin, Nashville, Chicago, Seattle, Fort Worth and NY.

For Nashville there is plenty of nightlife and great BBQ on Broadway. I loved the honky tonk bars. Went to grand ole opry show. Saw ice hockey and country music hall of fame, all within walkkng distance of downtown. I also took a day trip to Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg. There are tours that take you there.
If you are a fan of original Dukes of Hazzard show, check out Cooters Place, located near the Opry.

Last edited:
Heading over in a week. Quick trip, just 2 weeks. Moving over to Canada at the end of the year but visa needs to be activated by mid August. Been a few times already so sticking to the west coast since I need to make the trip semi cheap. Going back to hostel life. Thought those days were past me lol but it’s a solo trip and should lead to some days/nights out. Got some things I wanna do in each city but at the same time will be keen to do some of the organised activities the hostels run.

Night in LA when I first arrive. Staying Santa Monica. Probably just chill and walk around the area.

Flying to Vancouver the next day. 3 nights there. Going to do a few visa related shit but keen visit Capilano Canyon or Lynn Canyon. Craving some poutine, it’s been awhile (I did a uni exchange in Ontario about 7 years ago).

Train to Seattle, 4 nights. Seahawks/Mariners fan but no games while I’m there. Keen to do a tour of the hawks stadium, space needle and Bainbridge Island.

Another 4 nights in LA. Staying in West Hollywood. Got tickets to 2 dodgers games (against my mariners) and a pre game tour of the stadium.

Ending with 2 nights in San Diego. Ticket to a padres game. This is the one place I haven’t been to so I’m keen to explore but stuff all time. Wanna check out LA Jola, the midway and maybe a petco park tour. Won’t get to all, which sucks but if I love it enough I’ll be back.

When I get back I’ll be on the job hunt. If I’m unlucky then I’ll just fly over and time it with a Seahawks game/ Zach Bryan show. Wouldn’t mind seeing some of the Midwest places I haven’t been to like Omaha, KC, St Louis, Nashville etc but in an ideal world I’ll land a job and fly straight over to my new home.

Any tips on the cities I’m going to would be much appreciated.

I've been given an initial overall cost of itinerary covering 4.5 weeks in the USA based on ideas I had brain stormed and sent through to my travel agent. Most of the ideas I brainstormed were from this thread.

I wasn't actually planning on going to all of the below places but it has been included anyway. My travel agent understands I probably don't have the desire to go to all these places in the one holiday. As you can imagine, it has ended up quite pricey.

It's now about prioritising where I want to go and now I need to start looking at potentially removing some of these places from my list... This is where you guys come in.

This is what I sent through to my travel agent. She has worked out flights and accommodation based on all the below.

ATLANTA:
Aquarium, College Football HOF, Coca-Cola World

NEW YORK:
MSG (Hockey + NBA)
Nightlife, comedy clubs, broadways, live music
Amtrack Train to Washington and/or Boston

WASHINGTON DC:
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Thomas Jefferson Memorial,

DETROIT:
Little Caesars Arena (NHL)

CHICAGO:
Architecture Boat Tour, Field Museum, Willis Tower, Magnificent Mile Walking Tour

SEATTLE:
Pike/Pine, Capitol Hill, Pike Place market, Belltown, Space Needle, Glass Museum

ORLANDO:
Universal Studios, Disney World

NASHVILLE:
Grand Ole Opry House (Stage & Radio show), Country Music HOF & Museum, Johnny Cash Museum, Pokemon Go Tour, Chief's On Broadway (BROADWAY STREET)

NOLA:
WW2 Museum, Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium, Vue Orleans

CALIFORNIA:
Venice, Hollywood, Loz Feliz, Beaches, comedy shows (LA)
San Diego Zoo, Sea World, San Diego Museum, North Park, Ocean Beach (San Diego)
Disney theme parks (San Diego + Anaheim),
Beaches, comedy shows (LA)
Alcatraz tour (San Fran)

FWIW, the trip includes two children aged 10 and 8.

What is worth keeping and what's worth removing?

This trip includes a Royal Caribbean departing from FT LAUDERDALE.

With kids I would cut Nola, Seattle and perhaps Nashville.

Focus on New York and do a few cities nearby

Go to Orlando

And go to California so you experience both the East and West Coast.

I've been given an initial overall cost of itinerary covering 4.5 weeks in the USA based on ideas I had brain stormed and sent through to my travel agent. Most of the ideas I brainstormed were from this thread.

I wasn't actually planning on going to all of the below places but it has been included anyway. My travel agent understands I probably don't have the desire to go to all these places in the one holiday. As you can imagine, it has ended up quite pricey.

It's now about prioritising where I want to go and now I need to start looking at potentially removing some of these places from my list... This is where you guys come in.

This is what I sent through to my travel agent. She has worked out flights and accommodation based on all the below.

ATLANTA:
Aquarium, College Football HOF, Coca-Cola World

NEW YORK:
MSG (Hockey + NBA)
Nightlife, comedy clubs, broadways, live music
Amtrack Train to Washington and/or Boston

WASHINGTON DC:
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Thomas Jefferson Memorial,

DETROIT:
Little Caesars Arena (NHL)

CHICAGO:
Architecture Boat Tour, Field Museum, Willis Tower, Magnificent Mile Walking Tour

SEATTLE:
Pike/Pine, Capitol Hill, Pike Place market, Belltown, Space Needle, Glass Museum

ORLANDO:
Universal Studios, Disney World

NASHVILLE:
Grand Ole Opry House (Stage & Radio show), Country Music HOF & Museum, Johnny Cash Museum, Pokemon Go Tour, Chief's On Broadway (BROADWAY STREET)

NOLA:
WW2 Museum, Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium, Vue Orleans

CALIFORNIA:
Venice, Hollywood, Loz Feliz, Beaches, comedy shows (LA)
San Diego Zoo, Sea World, San Diego Museum, North Park, Ocean Beach (San Diego)
Disney theme parks (San Diego + Anaheim),
Beaches, comedy shows (LA)
Alcatraz tour (San Fran)

FWIW, the trip includes two children aged 10 and 8.

What is worth keeping and what's worth removing?

This trip includes a Royal Caribbean departing from FT LAUDERDALE.
In Orlando if the kids like bigger rides look at Busch gardens in Tampa. You can get a bus there from Seaworld
If you have a car in Orlando there are some pretty epic mini golf courses worth driving too

I stayed in Ocean beach San Diego a few years back. Not really a place I would rush to with kids tbh. Mission beach and Belmont Park much better for kids and just down the road. Old Town San Diego is also pretty coll and worth a look

Last edited:

Austin - Barton Springs

Rainey Street & 6th Street get a bit rowdy at night in Austin.

Pete's Dueling Piano Bar is a bit of fun on 6th.

East Eleventh was voted one of the coolest streets in the world, whatever that means.

Can't really miss in New York, West Village was the nicest place I went to though. Also Katz Deli a bit of a must.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah banana bungalow. Hostel looks pretty average but seems to be a lot of fun based on the reviews so good enough for me.
Ah nice I stayed there last year. It's a fair shithole tbh, the staff there weren't overly helpful or glad to have to deal with customers but it was cheap for what it was. I just got the private room which did the job just fine. I think I only stayed there 2 nights and I was pretty flat to miss one of their piss ups on the Monday night - I went to a Lakers game, got back, and had to be up very early for a swim but it looked like good fun to be honest. It's in walking distance (depending on how much you like walking I guess) of the Grove and I actually walked all the way up to Hollywood Blvd on my first day there.

It was fun overall but you know LA, there's a lot of homeless around

Yeah I’ve stayed at the USA hostels in West Hollywood previously, was pretty cheap and fairly nice but it’s closed down. Agreed that Hollywood is a bit of a dump in places but I’ll be there for at least one of the pissups so I’m taking it. I’ll need to write myself off judging by how basic and kinda grim the dorms look fml

In Orlando if the kids like bigger rides look at Busch gardens in Tampa. You can get a bus there from Seaworld
If you have a car in Orlando there are some pretty epic mini golf courses worth driving too

I stayed in Ocean beach San Diego a few years back. Not really a place I would rush to with kids tbh. Mission beach and Belmont Park much better for kids and just down the road. Old Town San Diego is also pretty coll and worth a look
Yep we stayed in Mission Beach , was quite nice for a few days and close to Seaworld .

As expected it has its rough places , I got talked out of driving down to the border .

Chicago: Take the blue line to Logan Square and do a brewery/pub crawl down Milwaukee Ave through Bucktown and Wicker Park. Heaps of good breweries, bars and food along there. Revolution is one of my favourites.

NY: Don't be afraid to step out of Manhattan and check out Williamsburg, Greenpoint and Bushwick. Bushwick especially is quite gritty but full of cool breweries and bars. East Village is my favourite neighbourhood in Manhattan for bars ect.

Seattle: Make sure you check out both Pike/Pine and Capitol Hill

Rainey Street & 6th Street get a bit rowdy at night in Austin.

Pete's Dueling Piano Bar is a bit of fun on 6th.

East Eleventh was voted one of the coolest streets in the world, whatever that means.

Can't really miss in New York, West Village was the nicest place I went to though. Also Katz Deli a bit of a must.
**** yeah Katz, best Reuben I had in the US

Anyone spent like two weeks just hanging around California? looking for April/May next year.

There would be plenty of stuff on the internet for 2 week itineraries in California and blogs by people who have driven the coast line. If you are confident behind the wheel then driving the coast sounds like a good time.

There are a number of good beach towns and wineries in the hills inbetween the main cities.

Also depends on how you will want to hang around.

Anyone spent like two weeks just hanging around California? looking for April/May next year.
Yep.

Temecula is great if you like wineries. They are literally next door to each other and you can walk from winery to winery. I stayed at South Coast Winery and could walk to many wineries from there. Old town Temecula was pretty cool too

Palm Springs/Palm desert is cool for a couple of days, close to Joshua tree national park too

San Diego is a good place for a week or less, La Jolla and San Clemente good spots along the coast too

Been 10+ years since I have been up north california, San Francisco has apparently gone too shit (but was awesom ehen I was there).

Yosemite is awesome, I was there in winter so alot of snow and couldn't access most of it. Towns between SF and Yosemite like Modesto, Fresno & Bakersfield are pretty shit imo

LA is meh, but if you arfe in California I guess you need to see it for yourself. Loved Santa Monica years ago but three times I have been there it has gotten shitter each time

Malibu is cool but you cant really access the beach. But if you head up to Santa Monico mountains it is really nice up there. Paramount Ranch is a cool old movie set town that is worth a visit too

Can anyone offer advice / suggestions for purchasing tickets / attending NBA & NHL matches?

I will be in the USA on the east coast early next year. Family of four with 2x kids aged 10 & 8.

NOLA:
Feb 24 - Feb 28

Caribbean cruise
Mar 1 - Mar 9

Orlando:
Mar 9 - Mar 15

Nashville
Mar 15 - Mar 17

Washington
Mar 17 - Mar 19

New York
Mar 19 - Mar 24

I want to attend 1x NBA match and 1x NHL match. I no longer follow a team in the NBA but MSG would be my preferrence. I follow the Detroit Redwings and I'd love to see them play although that's not an absolute priority.

Looking at the NBA & NHL schedules, my early thoughts are this:

NBA
New York Knicks v Washington on 22 March @ MSG

NHL
Washington v Detroit on 18 March @ Capital One Arena

A few questions:

1. Based on your experience, would you recommend these two venues? Should I be considering attending a match at another venue based on the locations I'm attending?

2. How should I go about purchasing tickets? Is it best to get in early? Do additional tickets become available closer to game day?

3. Does a family of four get you a discount like AFL, or is the price of a ticket for a child the same as an adult?

4. I notice some tickets for MSG sell for $13,000. Yikes. I'm assuming this is ground level which are usually reserved for A listers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back